Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53
  1. #1
    Captain cosmichobo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Geelong, AU
    Posts
    1,442

    Default Fear the Walking Dead: TWD Spin-off News/Trailers/Discussion

    G'day,

    No idea how this one slipped past, but - FEAR of the Walking Dead - is coming to our screens before the next season of The Walking Dead.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3743822/



    See you back in a few months to check this one out...

    Cheers,

    cosmic
    as seen on YouTube - thecosmichobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

  2. #2

    Default Re: The Walking Dead - SPIN OFF!

    I'm excited for something to tide us over until season 6. I'm intrigued by the pre/early outbreak setting. I hope we can connect with the new characters like we (I) have with the current characters. Fingers crossed.

  3. #3

    Default Re: The Walking Dead - SPIN OFF!

    I was just reading the new TV Guide and they have it listed as TBD starting in Aug.

  4. #4
    Captain cosmichobo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Geelong, AU
    Posts
    1,442

    Default Re: The Walking Dead - SPIN OFF!

    Yes... IMDB says August too...

    Apparently there's a few brief glimpses in an ad for up coming shows... But nothing terribly exciting.
    as seen on YouTube - thecosmichobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

  5. #5
    Colonel Teddybrown's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the Seven Kingdoms
    Posts
    6,032

    Default Re: The Walking Dead - SPIN OFF!



    New promo, doesnt reveal much at all...

  6. #6

    Default Re: The Walking Dead - SPIN OFF!

    New promo, doesnt reveal much at all...
    Maybe he's running to go buy a belt......

  7. #7

    Default Re: The Walking Dead - SPIN OFF!


  8. #8
    Captain cosmichobo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Geelong, AU
    Posts
    1,442

    Default Re: The Walking Dead - SPIN OFF!

    I hate broadcasters that think location restrictions work...
    as seen on YouTube - thecosmichobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

  9. #9
    Colonel Teddybrown's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the Seven Kingdoms
    Posts
    6,032

    Default Re: The Walking Dead - SPIN OFF!

    http://collider.com/fear-the-walking...-with-trailer/
    Fear the Walking Dead synopsis revealed

  10. #10
    Colonel Teddybrown's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the Seven Kingdoms
    Posts
    6,032

    Default Re: Fear the Walking Dead: TWD Spin-off News/Trailers/Discussion



    First trailer revealed. It actually looks pretty good!

  11. #11
    Captain cosmichobo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Geelong, AU
    Posts
    1,442

    Default Re: Fear the Walking Dead: TWD Spin-off News/Trailers/Discussion

    Yay I can watch it without troweling through YouTube's plethora of psycho tubers...

    Mmm, I'll give it a go. (Was going to regardless of how the trailer looked... I mean... by the same chaps as the original, so at worst it's Star Trek Voyager, and even that had some gold to be found amongst the flotsam...)
    as seen on YouTube - thecosmichobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

  12. #12
    Colonel mr_kennedy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Closet
    Posts
    6,465

    Default Re: Fear the Walking Dead: TWD Spin-off News/Trailers/Discussion

    ^ Whats wrong with Star Trek Voyager? lol

    I was sceptical at first, but the trailer sold me, it will be strange seeing clean walkers that haven't rotted yet

    one thing tho idk how they can span this out for very long like say its sister program, wasn't the period from when Rick got shot and when he woke like only a couple of weeks?
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

    Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

  13. #13
    Captain cosmichobo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Geelong, AU
    Posts
    1,442

    Default Re: Fear the Walking Dead: TWD Spin-off News/Trailers/Discussion

    The human body can last.. about 2 weeks without food..? Tho - he did have a drip in his arm... But yes, I'd guess 2 weeks-ish feasible time from Rick being abandoned to waking...

    But, the virus could have begun slowly before Rick was abandoned... That still only really gives maybe a month TOPS...
    as seen on YouTube - thecosmichobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

  14. #14

    Default Re: Fear the Walking Dead: TWD Spin-off News/Trailers/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_kennedy View Post
    ^ Whats wrong with Star Trek Voyager? lol

    I was sceptical at first, but the trailer sold me, it will be strange seeing clean walkers that haven't rotted yet

    one thing tho idk how they can span this out for very long like say its sister program, wasn't the period from when Rick got shot and when he woke like only a couple of weeks?
    I would imagine they could go for a long while. It'll be interesting to see the epidemic start from the beginning, and they can just keep following survivors like they have in the original. With no graphic novel tie in, they can do whatever they want. It would be cool, but I don't see them ever bringing the 2 shows together.

  15. #15
    Playmaker VampyreWraith's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    12,756

    Default Re: Fear the Walking Dead: TWD Spin-off News/Trailers/Discussion

    The trailer looks great, I'm really looking forward to Aug 23rd.

  16. #16
    Colonel mr_kennedy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Closet
    Posts
    6,465

    Default Re: Fear the Walking Dead: TWD Spin-off News/Trailers/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by cosmichobo View Post
    The human body can last.. about 2 weeks without food..? Tho - he did have a drip in his arm... But yes, I'd guess 2 weeks-ish feasible time from Rick being abandoned to waking...

    But, the virus could have begun slowly before Rick was abandoned... That still only really gives maybe a month TOPS...
    Yeah, they could also take a 24ish approach to this show and have a season over the course of a day, that could be cool, but might drag

    Quote Originally Posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
    I would imagine they could go for a long while. It'll be interesting to see the epidemic start from the beginning, and they can just keep following survivors like they have in the original. With no graphic novel tie in, they can do whatever they want. It would be cool, but I don't see them ever bringing the 2 shows together.
    Yeah It might be cool to see twd apocalyptic world from a different perspective
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

    Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

  17. #17
    First Lieutenant epg20's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    here.
    Posts
    704

    Default Re: Fear the Walking Dead: TWD Spin-off News/Trailers/Discussion

    coming AUGUST 23

    http://www.amc.com/shows/fear-the-walking-dead

    with what I saw on amc earlier, I am a little concerned, this show seems like it might be something like a mixed family, a woman and her boyfriend move in together and bring their kids with them and the apocalypse hits and they try to stay together all the while the city falls apart around them. going by what I saw on amc, all in all, I am going to reserve final judgment, buuut...., well, we'll see.

    I just hope this isn't one of those shows where the trailers are better than the actual shows.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Fear the Walking Dead: TWD Spin-off News/Trailers/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by epg20 View Post
    coming AUGUST 23

    http://www.amc.com/shows/fear-the-walking-dead

    with what I saw on amc earlier, I am a little concerned, this show seems like it might be something like a mixed family, a woman and her boyfriend move in together and bring their kids with them and the apocalypse hits and they try to stay together all the while the city falls apart around them. going by what I saw on amc, all in all, I am going to reserve final judgment, buuut...., well, we'll see.

    I just hope this isn't one of those shows where the trailers are better than the actual shows.
    From the reviews/interviews I've read it's meant to be more of a slow boil. It's going to be a lot different from what we've gotten used to. Not just the family dynamic but also the complete opposite setting. I'm not sure if the "fresh" walkers are going to be more or less disturbing, I'm guessing more. I'm planning to watch all 6 episodes, unless it end up being ridiculous.

  19. #19
    First Lieutenant epg20's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    here.
    Posts
    704

    Default Re: Fear the Walking Dead: TWD Spin-off News/Trailers/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
    From the reviews/interviews I've read it's meant to be more of a slow boil. It's going to be a lot different from what we've gotten used to. Not just the family dynamic but also the complete opposite setting. I'm not sure if the "fresh" walkers are going to be more or less disturbing, I'm guessing more. I'm planning to watch all 6 episodes, unless it end up being ridiculous.
    i guess we will see, but, I'm not getting my hopes up.

  20. #20
    Colonel Teddybrown's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the Seven Kingdoms
    Posts
    6,032

    Default Re: Fear the Walking Dead: TWD Spin-off News/Trailers/Discussion

    How was the pilot, any good? Haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1413
    Last Post: July 19th, 2019, 02:42 PM
  2. Agents of SHIELD spin-off - News/Discussion/Speculation
    By DigiFluid in forum Marvel Universe (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: June 17th, 2015, 05:13 AM
  3. Dead Man Walking (206)
    By GateWorld in forum Season Two Episodes
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: November 6th, 2013, 02:26 PM
  4. The Superman Movie Series News/Trailers & General Discussion Thread
    By Madwelshboy in forum General Sci-Fi and Fantasy
    Replies: 458
    Last Post: July 14th, 2013, 01:18 PM
  5. 2012: TV spin-off - News/Speculation/Discussion
    By Madwelshboy in forum General Sci-Fi and Fantasy
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: February 24th, 2010, 10:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •