This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I'll agree that the second half of S4 wasn't as good as the first. For me the issue was the villain, I just didn't find her all that compelling, so it seemed like it took way too long to get to the climax.

On the whole though, I thought S4 was a massive improvement over everything before. John alone was worth the price of admission IMO, but I loved the rest of the newbies too.
    Agreed John was a great character. Kind of the guy you wouldn't see around in a Z appocalypse, a ''good guy'' but yea he's great.

Wasn't Gimple involved in the last season though? I hope he stays well away from FTWD :/
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
      Agreed John was a great character. Kind of the guy you wouldn't see around in a Z appocalypse, a ''good guy'' but yea he's great.

Wasn't Gimple involved in the last season though? I hope he stays well away from FTWD :/
      Gimple was and maybe that is why I didn't like season 4 as much. I realized after I finished watching the season.
      I like John also.
      Thought the villain in the second half was well odd.
      Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Gimple was not involved for the most part, no. I believe he co-wrote episode 401, but otherwise he's just the 'brand manager' for the entire TWD franchise at AMC, so he's not involved in the day-to-day operations of either show.

Much as I loved Season 4, I'll agree though - the villain lady wasn't the greatest. For me though I think it was more the actress than the writing. I found her performance very hammy.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Gimple was not involved for the most part, no. I believe he co-wrote episode 401, but otherwise he's just the 'brand manager' for the entire TWD franchise at AMC, so he's not involved in the day-to-day operations of either show.

Much as I loved Season 4, I'll agree though - the villain lady wasn't the greatest. For me though I think it was more the actress than the writing. I found her performance very hammy.
          "Hammy" that's the word!
          I actually have AMC free right now so I can record FTWD instead of waiting for the BluRay. YEAH! I'll still binge watch it though. I find shows like this and TWD are better when binged watch.

Comment

Suprised this hasnt been posted, lots of suprises in store it seems and a few familiar faces...

Comment

I'm not thrilled that they pre-announced (ie SPOILED) that they're bringing a certain other TWD character over, so I've been steering clear of trailers and news....
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yeah, I kinda regret watching the trailer after avoiding news on this for a while...

Comment

From SDCC: Fear Season 5 will return August 11, has been renewed for Season 6.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/fear-th...mc-1202649322/

Comment

From SDCC: Fear Season 5 will return August 11, has been renewed for Season 6.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/fear-th...mc-1202649322/
                    I'll end up doing another binge watch. First half of season 5 was meh in some parts for me. Though started to get better for me. I just still miss the seasons 1-3 feel. Really wish we could go back to the original theme opening. I don't like the new one AT ALL.

Comment

Surprised this hasn't been posted. Returns October 11th

Comment

Somehow I’m not sure how much more virus I need in my life right now...
                        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                        and lots more!

Comment

Just found out I wont be able to watch this in the UK as I don't have AMC UK

Comment

Working...
                          X