Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never got into this.... but now having the annual wait til Oct to see more TWD, I guess I may find time to give it another go...
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

Season 2 Part 2 trailer

Comment

Looks interesting, I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.
        sigpic

Comment

Part 2 trailer

Comment

Wow... Ok, looks like this show got its **** together... maybe... Might have to dig it back up.
            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
            and lots more!

Comment

Season 4 trailer, there must be a time jump...

Comment

Part 2 Comic Con trailer

Comment

I'm glad I stayed with this show, I really enjoy it. Still wondering if they will bring the 2 shows together at some point, I assume they will by the end of TWD.

Comment

I am officially a convert.

I started watching FTWD when it first started on TV, and thought it was dreadful. I hated the characters, I found it plodding, I thought everyone in it was stupid....and then when they got to Celia's farm and it was just a carbon copy ripoff of Season 2 of TWD, I bailed. I got to the mid-Season 2 finale and threw in the towel.

A few weeks ago I decided to give it another shot, and I am floored by how much better this show is when binge-watched than it is when watched week-to-week. I still found Season 1 and the first half of Season 2 kind of, well, bad. But in the second half of S2 it improved quite a bit, and Season 3 was the realization of all the promise of S2.5. And then Season 4 happened and....holy crap. I loved Season 4, especially the first half.

Even a month ago I would've thought these words sacrilege, but I think I enjoyed FTWD Seasons 3 and 4 more than I've enjoyed TWD since around about Season 5.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      I am officially a convert.

I started watching FTWD when it first started on TV, and thought it was dreadful. I hated the characters, I found it plodding, I thought everyone in it was stupid....and then when they got to Celia's farm and it was just a carbon copy ripoff of Season 2 of TWD, I bailed. I got to the mid-Season 2 finale and threw in the towel.

A few weeks ago I decided to give it another shot, and I am floored by how much better this show is when binge-watched than it is when watched week-to-week. I still found Season 1 and the first half of Season 2 kind of, well, bad. But in the second half of S2 it improved quite a bit, and Season 3 was the realization of all the promise of S2.5. And then Season 4 happened and....holy crap. I loved Season 4, especially the first half.

Even a month ago I would've thought these words sacrilege, but I think I enjoyed FTWD Seasons 3 and 4 more than I've enjoyed TWD since around about Season 5.
                      I binged watch FTWD. I got the BluRays on real cheap around Black Friday. Season 4 in now in my hot hands. I'm glad to know that season 4 should entertain me as well.

And I agree on where the show improved. Greatly.
                      Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I'll be curious to hear what you think of Season 4. In a lot of ways it's a bit of a reset for the series, but even though I really came around to enjoy S2.5 and S3, I thought it was so excellently done that it was really very welcome.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I agree that this show did start well, I had to remind myself just now of the earlier storylines as Id forgotten!

But yeah, it really hits its stride from around 2.5 and greatly improves!

TWD was coming behind this in terms of quality, Im more intruiged now in TWD but waiting for it to trip up whereas this I cant wait to see where they go next.

Comment

Gimple has confirmed that Season 5 will premiere in June.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              I'll be curious to hear what you think of Season 4. In a lot of ways it's a bit of a reset for the series, but even though I really came around to enjoy S2.5 and S3, I thought it was so excellently done that it was really very welcome.
                              Well I have mixed feelings about season 4. While I enjoyed the first half, I did find the jumping around annoying. I understand the Nick actor wanted out but when i first say that episode, I didn't know and frankly it pissed me off. I'm not sure what to think about Madison though. Because there was a time jump, I just felt her character was too different and I didn't not like her fate at all.

The second half just kind of bored me. Too much focus on Morgan and I love Morgan from TWD! I just don't feel as excited for the next season like I did after season 3.

Good thing is that somehow I have a free year of AMC (noticed on my bill that started this past Januray) so I can record FTWD and then binge watch.
                              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I'll agree that the second half of S4 wasn't as good as the first. For me the issue was the villain, I just didn't find her all that compelling, so it seemed like it took way too long to get to the climax.

On the whole though, I thought S4 was a massive improvement over everything before. John alone was worth the price of admission IMO, but I loved the rest of the newbies too.

Comment

Working...
                                X