This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
    The human body can last.. about 2 weeks without food..? Tho - he did have a drip in his arm... But yes, I'd guess 2 weeks-ish feasible time from Rick being abandoned to waking...

But, the virus could have begun slowly before Rick was abandoned... That still only really gives maybe a month TOPS...
    Yeah, they could also take a 24ish approach to this show and have a season over the course of a day, that could be cool, but might drag

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
    I would imagine they could go for a long while. It'll be interesting to see the epidemic start from the beginning, and they can just keep following survivors like they have in the original. With no graphic novel tie in, they can do whatever they want. It would be cool, but I don't see them ever bringing the 2 shows together.
    Yeah It might be cool to see twd apocalyptic world from a different perspective
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

coming AUGUST 23

http://www.amc.com/shows/fear-the-walking-dead

with what I saw on amc earlier, I am a little concerned, this show seems like it might be something like a mixed family, a woman and her boyfriend move in together and bring their kids with them and the apocalypse hits and they try to stay together all the while the city falls apart around them. going by what I saw on amc, all in all, I am going to reserve final judgment, buuut...., well, we'll see.

I just hope this isn't one of those shows where the trailers are better than the actual shows.

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
        coming AUGUST 23

http://www.amc.com/shows/fear-the-walking-dead

with what I saw on amc earlier, I am a little concerned, this show seems like it might be something like a mixed family, a woman and her boyfriend move in together and bring their kids with them and the apocalypse hits and they try to stay together all the while the city falls apart around them. going by what I saw on amc, all in all, I am going to reserve final judgment, buuut...., well, we'll see.

I just hope this isn't one of those shows where the trailers are better than the actual shows.
        From the reviews/interviews I've read it's meant to be more of a slow boil. It's going to be a lot different from what we've gotten used to. Not just the family dynamic but also the complete opposite setting. I'm not sure if the "fresh" walkers are going to be more or less disturbing, I'm guessing more. I'm planning to watch all 6 episodes, unless it end up being ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
          From the reviews/interviews I've read it's meant to be more of a slow boil. It's going to be a lot different from what we've gotten used to. Not just the family dynamic but also the complete opposite setting. I'm not sure if the "fresh" walkers are going to be more or less disturbing, I'm guessing more. I'm planning to watch all 6 episodes, unless it end up being ridiculous.
          i guess we will see, but, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Comment

How was the pilot, any good? Haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
              How was the pilot, any good? Haven't gotten around to watching it yet.
              I thought it was good. Definitely a different pace, I don't love all the new characters yet, but we'll see how they change as the world goes to pot.

Comment

Just watched it...

The one thing I was not wanting to see, was people dying, and coming back as Walkers without having been bitten, as that was something that only happened - x time after the initial onset. Can anyone confirm for me - was - the guy at the end.... showing signs of having been mauled???

Overall... Interesting. Worth another few episodes. As I was watching, I was thinking - by the end of the first episode, it better actually have "started" - in terms of the Walkers... And whilst I'd say we've got another episode or two before we reach a real lock-down state, I think the pacing is quite acceptable.

IF say episode 4 suddenly does a - It's Day 1 again, but from different character's points of view (ie Travis' ex wife/etc) - I'll be pissed off...

I like Travis... It's a good solid name, Travis...
                back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                and lots more!

Comment

Just watched it...

The one thing I was not wanting to see, was people dying, and coming back as Walkers without having been bitten, as that was something that only happened - x time after the initial onset. Can anyone confirm for me - was - the guy at the end.... showing signs of having been mauled???

Overall... Interesting. Worth another few episodes. As I was watching, I was thinking - by the end of the first episode, it better actually have "started" - in terms of the Walkers... And whilst I'd say we've got another episode or two before we reach a real lock-down state, I think the pacing is quite acceptable.

IF say episode 4 suddenly does a - It's Day 1 again, but from different character's points of view (ie Travis' ex wife/etc) - I'll be pissed off...

I like Travis... It's a good solid name, Travis...
                  are you talking about the principal guy, if so, then yes, he was bitten or stabbed or something like that, you can see the blood on the back of his shirt.

as for turning in to a walker not being bitten , they already established that early on, while the kid was in the hospital and the old man died, they tried to revive him but couldn't, then they had to rush him down to the morgue so the kid couldn't see him turn, you see the look on the nurses face as she tried to gesture to the doctor that the kid could see what was happening.

Comment

only 6 eps for season 1

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3743822/...f_=tt_eps_sn_1

kind of difficult to make a decision with so few eps.

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
                      only 6 eps for season 1
                      That bites, right? Wish there were more.

I was looking at the Nielson numbers for episode three:

Rank Show Adult 18-49 L+SD (Rating)
                      1 Fear the Walking Dead 3.6
                      2 Rick & Morty 1.0
                      3 NFL Countdown 0.9

Good news: Fear the Walking Dead outstrips all of the cable competition.
                      Bad news: The number of viewers is decreasing week after week. 4.9, 4.1, and now 3.6.
                      Good news: A 15-episode second season was ordered long ago.

Other news: The word "zombie" still doesn't exist in the "Walking Dead" universe. I guess George Romero didn't become a filmmaker there.

Comment

I'm not sure how many of these webisodes we'll see....I hate flying as it is....

http://www.amc.com/shows/fear-the-wa...lub-10-09-2015

Comment

Finally got thru ep2...

It's not... as compelling as the original... Not thrilled with some of the main characters... At least in the main series, even the annoying characters you could still enjoy at some level... But there's a few here that just turn me off... And a few mil others too, it seems...
                          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                          and lots more!

Comment

Finally got thru ep2...

It's not... as compelling as the original... Not thrilled with some of the main characters... At least in the main series, even the annoying characters you could still enjoy at some level... But there's a few here that just turn me off... And a few mil others too, it seems...
                            It gets better, stick with it.

Comment

It's been renewed for season 3.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ason-3-on-amc/
                              sigpic

Comment

Not sure how i feel about the renewal only that no more slow burn please i found the s2 premier kind of boring tbh
                                Last Movie Watched
                                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                                Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                                X