• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afterlife (216)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON TWO
    AFTERLIFE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 216
    While Coulson and Hunter find a place to lay low, Gonzalez tries to convince Fitz and Simmons to help him crack their former leader's secret. Skye finds herself at a safe-haven for those with powers, where she meets a man assigned to help her with her transition.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 13 April 2015, 09:11 PM.

I liked the ep.
    First to the good stuff
    Spoiler:
    The fight between Gordon and Skye's dad was good. Though i am surprised they let him live.
    I loved that the brought back peterson as the back up.
    I liked Gemma's parting gift of the sandwich to Fitz
    And i liked that they had Luke Mitchell being one of the unhumans showing Skye around.

Things i didn't like
    Spoiler:
    Fitz leaving.

Things i thought that were "Woa" moment
    Spoiler:
    Skyes mother being alive, AND daddy dearest knowing about it. If she was alive, why was he wanting to kill Dr Whitehall for her death?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      I liked the ep.

Spoiler:
      Skyes mother being alive, AND daddy dearest knowing about it. If she was alive, why was he wanting to kill Dr Whitehall for her death?
      Whitehall still tortured and experimented on her. Certainly that would be reason enough, I would think. And it's quite likely that he didn't know she was alive until Gordon took him in.

Kind of makes you wonder if Whitehall will heal too.
      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
        I don't think he knew until Gordon took him a few episodes ago.

When Fitz first got into the taxi, I half expected Ward to be the driver.

Nice surprise with Mike coming back as Coulson's backup.

Comment

Anyone think the new Hydra player that Mikes been tracking is Whitehall? Or Baron Wolfgang von Strucker, would be a nice tie in to the movies...

Glad Fitz managed to smuggle the box out, wonder how May will be on the new Council...

Comment

I loved the Fitz / Simmons stuff.

I really hope Gordon turns out to be a good guy and I think he will.

Definitely worried that some how Fitz is going to end up in Ward's hands.

Still not a fan of the two S.H.I.E.L.D.S. deal, but I am letting it slide because Avengers is getting so close and I think things will be wrapped up.

BTW - NO POST-CREDIT SCENE FOR AGE OF ULTRON - WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?!?!?!?!

- So question, have we ever gotten an explanation of Mike Peterson's powers? I don't remember. Apparently they are not saying he is like Skye, so what is the deal?

Comment

He was cyborged after being taken by Centapeed cause of his pyro kinetic powers. Basically he was already a powered individual (early s1) that was tapped to be something else.

Comment

I loved this episode! Random thoughts:
                --Wasn't expecting Mike Peterson's return. That was awesome! Glad he has been working with Coulson this entire time.
                --Jiaying is alive! Someone else posted that they thought Cal didn't know Jiaying was alive until Gordon brought him there, but I don't think that's true. I believe it was episode 2x9 that Cal actually told Whitehall that he wants to be reunited with his family...in the afterlife. That's the name of the place where the Inhumans are!!! He must have known about it! Doesn't it seem possible that Cal helped Jiaying come back to life? We see some scars on her face - like she was stitched up. Cal is a doctor. I can't wait to find out more about what happened to Jiaying and Cal. I really hope Jiaying reveals herself as Skye's mother sooner rather than later.
                --FitzSimmons is back!!! That made my heart soar. I am so happy that they are working as a team again!!! I couldn't really tell if Bobbi and Mack suspect that Jemma switched the boxes and sent Fitz off with the real one. It will be interesting to see if/when they figure out that Jemma and Fitz pulled one over on them.
                --May has been offered a spot on the SHIELD board. It's an interesting idea. My initial thought was that May would never go against Team Coulson, but being an advocate for Coulson and having a say in this other SHIELD's decisions - that might be useful. I can't tell if Bobbi is actually a member of the board or not, but Bobbi doesn't seem to agree with everything Gonzales is doing. Gonzales says to May that he was told he wasn't handling her properly, but he was outvoted so he has to listen to the others.
                --Can't take credit for this - someone posted on Tumblr that the pic Fitz takes off his wall when he is packing is a selfie that Jemma took of her and Fitz in front of the Temple in Peru from episode 1x2 ("0-8-4"). THAT IS AWESOME!
                --I'm liking Lincoln so far. Yes, he lied to her by keeping Raina's presence a secret, but he does have good intentions. I'm wondering what sort of power Raina has (I guess she can't simply have changed her form and be stronger?) and whether she will end up doing something to cause the Inhumans not to trust her.
                --I feel like Whitehall has to be alive. He is the logical enemy of most of the major characters in play right now - SHIELD and the Inhumans. He has ties to Bakshi and Agent 33. Please God don't let them have him appear in the last 30 seconds of season 2!!!
                --So, Coulson is going to bring in Grant Ward to help them out. Ward is such a wildcard. And his sense of right and wrong is seriously messed up. Kidnapped his brother to get a confession, then framed him to make it look like a murder-suicide with their parents. Now he is "helping" Kara (Agent 33) get closure by torturing/brainwashing Bakshi. What's the endgame? Is his sole purpose to help Kara? Would Ward want to help Coulson find Skye? Also remember - the last time Ward saw Skye, she hadn't transformed yet. Raina told Ward at the end of season 1 that maybe Ward and Skye could be monsters together. He seemed to be "level-headed" enough to realize that he shouldn't be carrying a torch for someone who shot him 3x, but maybe he will rethink things when he realizes she has changed.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

With Cal's comment of "I want to join my family in the afterlife" i am thinking more that he knew she was dead, and wanted to die to join her. Not that he suspected she was still alive.
                  Otherwise he would have said "I want to join her IN afterlife".

Comment

With Cal's comment of "I want to join my family in the afterlife" i am thinking more that he knew she was dead, and wanted to die to join her. Not that he suspected she was still alive.
                    Otherwise he would have said "I want to join her IN afterlife".
                    I don't know. Cal didn't seem surprised to see Jiaying (granted, he may have seen he a few days earlier), but also I don't think it's meant to be a coincidence that he said afterlife and that's what they call the Inhuman sanctuary. Plus, I don't think Cal would really tell Whitehall there was a place called afterlife, so if he said it he would call it "the afterlife" and know Whitehall would think it meant heaven (or something like it).

I suppose we may get a real answer to the question of whether Cal knew Jiaying was alive all this time. But Melinda May's backstory and Skye learning about her powers (and hopefully learning who Jiaying really is) are of much bigger interest to me!!!
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

It will be interesting to see what exactly happened in "Bahrain" they keep alluding too.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                        Anyone think the new Hydra player that Mikes been tracking is Whitehall? Or Baron Wolfgang von Strucker, would be a nice tie in to the movies...

Glad Fitz managed to smuggle the box out, wonder how May will be on the new Council...
                        Mikes been tracking Dr. List, the doctor appear in the Winter soldier first credit scene. Who have been talking to Baron Wolfgang von Strucker in that scene.

It will be interesting to see what exactly happened in "Bahrain" they keep alluding too.
                        Question will be appear answer in the next episode!!

P.S. Is the battling ram used to break Dr. Banner's house door are the same type of ram used in the Winter Soldier to break open Fury's SUV?? SHIELD Director MUST be hate this thing!!!

Surprise !
                        Spoiler:

Skye`s mother being alive!! And Fitz-Simmons switch Fury's tool box and brought it out of Playground!!Nice Job Fitz-Simmons!!! Good to see they work together again!!Love the Easter Egg that Jemma make the sandwich to Fitz!!! With"Love, Jemma!!!!!"
                        sigpic

Comment

I did notice that. BUT if the house was built to withstand Banner's fist, how could it so easily beat down the door??

Comment

I did notice that. BUT if the house was built to withstand Banner's fist, how could it so easily beat down the door??
                            I was a bit skeptical of that, but I think Coulson said it would take an hour for the battering ram to get through.

Comment

Working...
                            X