Post The House of Black and White (502)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON FIVE
    THE HOUSE OF BLACK AND WHITE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 502
    Arya arrives in Braavos, but finds less than a warm welcome at the mysterious House of Black and White. Jaime agrees to undertake a dangerous mission for his family, and Brienne and Pod encounter Sansa and Littlefinger on the road. The Night's Watch elects their new leader, and Daenerys must decide whether to execute one of her own advisors.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; April 22nd, 2015 at 11:06 PM.

Default Re: The House of Black and White (502)

Really liked this episode but I had a few problems with Brienne. I didn't like how Brienne and Pod just happen to run into Sansa. The country is huge. The chance of just running into a person at random is near zero. The second problem I had was Brienne just stating out loud for anyone to hear Sansa is Sansa. There is huge bounty out for her. Bounty hunters are out looking for her. Now everyone in that Inn knows Littlefinger has Sansa. Now I did like the scene and the fight and chase scenes around this.

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

They talked about how the show divulged from the book and we're starting to see it. I know it's been a few years since I read the books but I don't recall Sansa being offered for marriage to Bolton and the Tyrion story changed since it wasn't him and Varys, he joined some sort of dwarf show (the people riding the pigs at the wedding, he joined that troop and started to fall for a female dwarf). And I don't remember Jorah finding him but like I said, it's been a few years (and the books were so plodding in this area that I kinda scanned parts of them)

I do like it changing although it'll be interesting to see how the show ends, then the last books come out and see where preferences are (Something tells me that GRRM is not going to like it)

If I remember correctly Jorah does find him but it is later, I believe.

Yeah Jorah found him but it was after Tyrion had a huge adventure. Looks like the show is skipping all of that.

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Good.

I swear for much of the last two books GRRM had no idea what to do, so just kept writing in circles. A lot of it can be skipped or condensed and will make a much better show.

Right now GRRM could crank out 4 more books and they'll be published.....the show won't go on that long. It won't be a year per book. So they have to condense things a bit. Make it more concise and better paced.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver View Post
    They talked about how the show divulged from the book and we're starting to see it. I know it's been a few years since I read the books but I don't recall Sansa being offered for marriage to Bolton and the Tyrion story changed since it wasn't him and Varys, he joined some sort of dwarf show (the people riding the pigs at the wedding, he joined that troop and started to fall for a female dwarf). And I don't remember Jorah finding him but like I said, it's been a few years (and the books were so plodding in this area that I kinda scanned parts of them)

I do like it changing although it'll be interesting to see how the show ends, then the last books come out and see where preferences are (Something tells me that GRRM is not going to like it)
    Yeah Tyrion went on another journey and met some other characters that seem to be left out of the show so far...unless they are going to add them later... and they seem to cut out the bit where he was asking 'that question'...

Ser Jorah definitely found him in the books, but the show is going about it a different way then GRRM did it in the books.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

They are dropping hints about R+L = J... through LF...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

In the books
    Spoiler:
    Varys didn't go with Tyrion on the ship (or if he did he hid from Tyrion the entire ride over and after they got there). Illyrio (the guy that introduced Dany to Drogo) met him at the docks took him to his house, and then they proceeded to go on a really long and descriptive carriage ride across the country, meeting Young Griff and Jon Connington, before Tyrion got taken by Jorah in the bar. I think the circus thing happened after he met with Jorah (but they might cut that out). So far it looks like they just go rid of Young Griff & Jon C., replaced Illyrio with Varys, and condensed things. And given the way the show handled the Tysha thing Tyrion really doesn't need to be asking "where do whores go?" in nearly every conversation.

I don't mind the changes, I actually like most of them so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    In the books
    Spoiler:
    Varys didn't go with Tyrion on the ship (or if he did he hid from Tyrion the entire ride over and after they got there). Illyrio (the guy that introduced Dany to Drogo) met him at the docks took him to his house, and then they proceeded to go on a really long and descriptive carriage ride across the country, meeting Young Griff and Jon Connington, before Tyrion got taken by Jorah in the bar. I think the circus thing happened after he met with Jorah (but they might cut that out). So far it looks like they just go rid of Young Griff & Jon C., replaced Illyrio with Varys, and condensed things. And given the way the show handled the Tysha thing Tyrion really doesn't need to be asking "where do whores go?" in nearly every conversation.

I don't mind the changes, I actually like most of them so far this season.
    Spoiler:
    In the books there was a time where Tyrion spent time on the ship 'the shy maid' with Duck. I remember Tyrion being see sick and then there was that whole 'prince' thing...I remember all that happening before he ran into Ser Jorah

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
    Spoiler:
    In the books there was a time where Tyrion spent time on the ship 'the shy maid' with Duck. I remember Tyrion being see sick and then there was that whole 'prince' thing...I remember all that happening before he ran into Ser Jorah
    Yep,
    Spoiler:
    that was with Young Griff (possibly the real Aegon, Rhaegar's presumed dead son), Jon Connington/Griff (Rhaegar's best friend), Septa Lemore, and the Golden Company(I think). YG, Jon C. and co. ended up sailing off to Westeros to try to win the Iron Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    Yep,
    Spoiler:
    that was with Young Griff (possibly the real Aegon, Rhaegar's presumed dead son), Jon Connington/Griff (Rhaegar's best friend), Septa Lemore, and the Golden Company(I think). YG, Jon C. and co. ended up sailing off to Westeros to try to win the Iron Throne.
    so do you think they add...

Spoiler:
    ...the Prince story arc into the show? One of the actors supposedly held up a duck in an interview or something... It would be in a different order to the books, but that doesn't matter too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
    so do you think they add...

Spoiler:
    ...the Prince story arc into the show? One of the actors supposedly held up a duck in an interview or something... It would be in a different order to the books, but that doesn't matter too much.
    Unless he's important to the outcome, I think they'll leave it out, because
    Spoiler:
    in the books, Varys is backing Aegon and Illyrio takes Tyrion to meet him. On the show, Varys seems to be backing Dany and wants to bring Tyrion to her. I suppose they can include Duck and he can be fighting for Dany, instead of Aegon, and Dany can be the one to leave for Westeros by the end of the season or something.