• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wars to Come (501)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON FIVE
    THE WARS TO COME
    EPISODE NUMBER - 501
    Jon Snow is caught between two kings after Stanis Baratheon arrives at Castle Black, while Cersei and Jaime consider their future in King's Landing. Daenerys faces a new threat from a secret cult, and Varys presents a new option to the refugee Tyrion.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 13 April 2015, 08:17 PM.

I thought this was kind of slow but we needed to know where everyone was at. The greatest question of all was presented though. What is worse, shoving your poop through a air hole or having to cleanup someone's poop?

Comment

The shoving, cause at least Varys could use a tool and wash his hands after.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Kind of a forgettable episode. Nothing super major comes to mind.

I do think Margaery would make a really good queen. I hope she does become queen, although it is a little creepy that she is trying to seduce a young child just so that she can become queen in the future. But she is smart and kind and has a way with the people in the city.

Varys confuses me and I am not sure what he is trying to do here. He decides to leave with Tyrion, and wants Tyrion to make the world a better place, has faith in him he says. Is this true, can we believe this? I can't help but be a bit wary about his intentions. He was smart to leave Kings Landing, that place had become a **** show, but for what other ulterior motives?

I have to admit that I miss Ser Jorah. I did not realize how much this character positively enhances Daenerys's story line. I have more faith in her when she is being counseled my Ser Jorah. Seeing her make all these decisions without getting advice from Ser Jorah makes me feel very uneasy. He was not a character I cared about before this (I wasn't quite sure what to make of him this whole time) but now that he is gone, he is missed!

I don't quite understand why Stannis wants Mance to "bend his knee" for him. Though Mance is King-beyond-the-wall, shouldn't the free people have their own say if they want to fight for Stannis instead? They should all be asked, instead of Mance making this decision for them. They are free to make their own decisions and now that Mance, their leader is dead, whose to say Stannis won't take the free people as his own and make them fight his war for him? Now they will be slaves or be left on the other side of wall when winter comes, which will lead to their death either way.

Comment

Working...
        X