Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Destiny appear to have more than 2 shuttle bays to anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Destiny appear to have more than 2 shuttle bays to anyone else?

Is it just me, or does destiny appear to have multiple shuttle bays? Besides the two that we know of, which appeared to be surrounded by I sort of runway light if you will, several exterior shots of the ship seem to so many more of these illuminated landing pads. Usually the exterior shots are pretty quick so it's hard to tell but to me it looks like the ship is capable of having many shuttles docked at once. To me it looks like eight or more and that is just on the top side of the ship. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some sort of shuttle docks below the ship on the underside as well. I ship as large as destiny with only two shuttles… And we don't know anything about escape pods (hopefully there are some), but only two shuttles for a ship capable of housing so many people… Well that is just poor design. It makes the design of the titanic seem superior … LOL!

There looks to be three, one in front of the observation deck and two opposite one another on right side of the ship (opposite the dome).

Comment

Agreed. I always thought there was supposed to be 3 shuttle docking spots. Which makes me wonder why only 2 were there when we gated aboard?

Comment

Maybe the 3rd one would just show up out of nowhere in the series finale and it'd be revealed that it contains all the secrets Destiny's been after all along.

Comment

yes, there are spaces for 3 shuttles, but 1 was missing when they arrived. it was never mentioned what happened to the 3rd one.
          if you see a light at the end of the tunnel, it's just a photon torpedo.

Comment

The one that Alan Armstrong died in, to seal the leak, iirc was repaired and it is what they left behind on the eden planet. Which was 'repaired' and sent back to us in S2.

Comment

Destiny, at ~ 750m, seems like it ought to have many more shuttle bays. Additionally, a ship of that size should also be equipped with numerous emergency evacuation pods.

Waddya think?
              Total syffy posts: 36,690
              (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
              Matthew 5:9

Comment

Maybe they felt the gate was more than enough of an emergency evacuation device.

Comment

Working...
                X