• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of Us (213)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON TWO
    ONE OF US
    EPISODE NUMBER - 213
    While Skye is evaluated by Agent May's psychiatrist ex-husband, Skye's father assembles a team of super-powered criminals in order to lure Coulson into a trap.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 22 March 2015, 09:10 PM.

HOLY Spitballs.. What a welcome back episode.
    Spoiler:
    I loved how they used Underwood as May's ex and how he made conditions that may and Coul kept to for him to do his 'analysis of skye'.
    The fight scene in the basement was quick but showed how nasty Bobbi is.. That makes me wonder who would win in a fight between her and May!???
    On the woman who had those 'gloves' over her blade nails.. How the heck does she do common things such as wipe her butt, put on clothes and take a bath??
    Skye's keeping her powers in hurting her i was surprised at.. But glad that Simmons was concerned enough to help out, rather than was as gung ho against "Inhumans" as she was a few eps back.

And the "Eyeless one" who took Raina, and was trained by skye's mother.. I was surprised he took Cal, and not skye.. BUT glad he gave cal a "warning"..

Though i was really irked that once again, we see a show where "powered humans' are treated worse than second class citizens... were any of those in that 'basement given a proper trial? What of those on the list?

Comment

I'm glad they mentioned Sky not being taken by the blind guy had some reasoning behind it. Now who does the blind guy answer to? Can't be a member of the royal family since they will be in the Inhuman movie.

I'm not sure what was meant by Mac saying they work for the real Shield. Those guards looked like Nazis.

Lady Scissor Hands was dumb. She didn't even have a power she just put knives on her fingers. Why didn't Shield just remove them instead of covering them up with metal gloves. Why didn't she just put knives onto the metal gloves. That would have been easier than putting them on her fingers.

Comment

I seriously loved this episode. I don't think I can talk very coherently about it, so I'll just ramble about a few things:
        --May and her ex. I loved their dynamic and the little hints we got about May's past and her character. Andrew leaves saying he doesn't want to work with SHIELD, but we know that Blair Underwood is in two more episodes. What I'm hoping and praying for are flashbacks from May's life (Bahrain!) that include her with Andrew.
        --Loved how they dealt with Skye's power. It seemed to me that she was getting a handle on it a bit too easily and the reveal at the end that she was actually turning her power inward was amazing.
        --Cal's crazy gang was probably my least favorite part of the episode. They served a purpose - to help bring Coulson to Cal for a showdown, but I didn't fall in love with any of those characters.
        --I still love Cal - his particular brand of crazy is very entertaining - and it is mixed in with his desperate love for his daughter.
        --I like the parallel distinctions being made about Inhumans and Enhanced people (changed thru science). Gordon clearly tells Cal he isn't one of them and Jemma explains to Coulson how she wants to delineate the distinctions on the index.
        --After getting annoyed with all the Bobbi/Mack secrecy, I'm incredibly intrigued about the "real" SHIELD. Phil had guessed that Bobbi wasn't totally honest when he first asked about Hunter - her answer that Hunter and permanence don't get along. I SERIOUSLY hope that Phil had some inkling that this was going to happen and he isn't completely blindsided again like he was with Ward's betrayal.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Spoiler:
          In the comics both mockingbird and Mack are not villians so I don't think they will do anything bad

Its probably just a group of former Pre WS Shield Agents that think that their one is the real one. Sometimes when groups fall apart the new smaller groups each try to claim they are real. I think the "show down" will be determining whether Coulson and his group take charge in a merger down the road or the "real shield" takes charge.

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
            --I like the parallel distinctions being made about Inhumans and Enhanced people (changed thru science). Gordon clearly tells Cal he isn't one of them and Jemma explains to Coulson how she wants to delineate the distinctions on the index..
            A few questions i have about the "list".. Do those placed on it have any recourse to get themselves OFF the list? Is there any sort of due process involved in deciding who goes on it? Is it global, or just US citizens?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              A few questions i have about the "list".. Do those placed on it have any recourse to get themselves OFF the list? Is there any sort of due process involved in deciding who goes on it? Is it global, or just US citizens?
              I think Chan Ho Yin a.k.a. Scorch was on the list and he lived in China, so I guess it's global. And it doesn't sound like people have a choice about being on the index (list). I'm not surprised. SHIELD is trying to protect the world. If they hear about someone with powers, they are going to investigate them. As it was mentioned in the episode, it is standard procedure to do a psych evaluation and threat assessment on all gifted individuals. The thing is, I think a person's threat level isn't about whether or not they are part of evil organizations, but what they are capable of. Because a nice person who has powers can be captured by HYDRA and brainwashed to work for them.

I can see how being put on the index would sound pretty serious and scary. You've been "tagged" by SHIELD. But it doesn't sound like everyone was treated horribly by SHIELD. Cal's group were all people deemed very dangerous because of what they could do AND their intentions. Scorch could have been very dangerous with his ability to create fire, but he was just being monitored by SHIELD. He wasn't locked away anywhere - just being told to keep his power under wraps and not call attention to it.
              sigpic
              Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

I think Chan Ho Yin a.k.a. Scorch was on the list and he lived in China, so I guess it's global. And it doesn't sound like people have a choice about being on the index (list).
                Which to me is wrong. Just like the IRL No-fly list. There is NO due process i have seen or redress someone has to get off it.

SHIELD is trying to protect the world. If they hear about someone with powers, they are going to investigate them. As it was mentioned in the episode, it is standard procedure to do a psych evaluation and threat assessment on all gifted individuals.
                But do they have the right to assume that they have the power to force someone to do said Psyche eval, when there they are not US citizens? Sorry, but i disagree with that. Shield seemed to get set up as a US organization, based on the formation from the SSR. Which means that meddling in someone who is NOT a US Citizen (or even living in the US) is (or at least should be) out of their pervue.

The thing is, I think a person's threat level isn't about whether or not they are part of evil organizations, but what they are capable of. Because a nice person who has powers can be captured by HYDRA and brainwashed to work for them.
                So just cause someone CAN be turned into a baddie, put them on a list, track them etc? Sorry. BUT that sounds very "Big brotherish"/

I can see how being put on the index would sound pretty serious and scary. You've been "tagged" by SHIELD. But it doesn't sound like everyone was treated horribly by SHIELD. Cal's group were all people deemed very dangerous because of what they could do AND their intentions. Scorch could have been very dangerous with his ability to create fire, but he was just being monitored by SHIELD. He wasn't locked away anywhere - just being told to keep his power under wraps and not call attention to it.
                That depends. Do those who 'get on the list' and were placed in prison/asylums etc, have any sort of Due process/rights to a lawyer etc? or were they scooped up and placed in there just cause?
                Is being on that list prohibiting anything else, or just a 'tracker' of you??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  Which to me is wrong. Just like the IRL No-fly list. There is NO due process i have seen or redress someone has to get off it.

But do they have the right to assume that they have the power to force someone to do said Psyche eval, when there they are not US citizens? Sorry, but i disagree with that. Shield seemed to get set up as a US organization, based on the formation from the SSR. Which means that meddling in someone who is NOT a US Citizen (or even living in the US) is (or at least should be) out of their pervue.

So just cause someone CAN be turned into a baddie, put them on a list, track them etc? Sorry. BUT that sounds very "Big brotherish"/

That depends. Do those who 'get on the list' and were placed in prison/asylums etc, have any sort of Due process/rights to a lawyer etc? or were they scooped up and placed in there just cause?
                  Is being on that list prohibiting anything else, or just a 'tracker' of you??
                  SHIELD IS big brother. That's the point. They're not a nice a cuddly organization. That's why Fury gave it to Coulson in order to change it. But Coulson is still used to the old ways of doing things so he is set to default in certain circumstances.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

In which case, how then are they being shown as the "Good guys".. Most every other film/novel, which has had this sort of "Big brother" org, they were NOT the good guys.. Well in the sense that under their control most everyone's rights were subverted. All in the name of "security".

Comment

Working...
                    X