• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Laid Plans (417)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON FOUR
    BEST LAID PLANS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 417
    Hook tells Emma that her fate is at stake in Gold’s plan while Regina leads the villains on a wild goose chase. Henry makes a breakthrough in his search to find the Author. In a Fairy Tale Land flashback, Snow and Charming search for a way to ensure their child will grow-up to be a hero. (ABC)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 25 March 2015, 11:47 PM.

I'm a bit irritated by this episode. It's surely Snow and Charming at their absolute worst - seriously, using magic to determine their child's destiny? Isn't it their child's responsibility or something?
    Similarly annoying is Emma's apparent belief that her parents are faultless. I mean, yeah, what they did was horrible, but it's obvious they regret it a lot. I certainly don't see why this would push her over.

The Author storyline is getting more intricate by the minute and I'm really into it(the Walt Disney reference was a bit too much), though I'm confused as to how the Dragon fits into all this. August is a big exposition dump this season, which is disappointing(also, he and Emma don't seem to be bringing up the elephant in the room - his manipulation of Neal).

The Gold/Belle scene was jarring. He's gone so far into the road of darkness that his hamfisted explanation how he wants to make his redemption possible just feels stupid. It was his own fault he got booted out of town.

I liked Henry's enhanced role. He really needs more to do, he's a much more important character than the writers give him credit for.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Next episode looks intense. Gold in a hospital bed? Could the Author be involved? A visit to Oz with Robin Hood? I'm hooked.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Man, this whole Episode was awesome. Only thing I dont like is the "Lost" vibe I get from all of this. Alot of things fit in now and then again not at all. Most importantly the Author who has been the focus of this Season.

First off, ha! Called it right before it happened.
        So the Curse and the Book existed a long time before all this happened. Even weirder the Curse was stolen, before the Author got trapped. So how does the Book wind up in Storybrook? Was the Apprentice keeping it and through its magic just appeared out of coincidence to the Mother of the Saviour and was Plot point to her even believing?

The Author was the last one to take the task of recording, so why are there Pages about events that happened after? How far into the Future was he able to write or is he still writing it from within, like Reginas alternate choice with Robin Hood?

I loved how August told them how the Writer gave the Stories to People in our Realm, up to a guy named Walt. We all know who he meant there.

Also on a sidenote, freaking Ursula and Cruella knew all along what happened to Maleficents kid. They fell into the Portal with it so they should have come out at the same place. They where guarding her for Christ sakes. Nobody of her old friends thought to mention to her "Hey, we left your daughter at a Orphanage and bolted dear" ????
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
          I'm a bit irritated by this episode. It's surely Snow and Charming at their absolute worst - seriously, using magic to determine their child's destiny? Isn't it their child's responsibility or something?
          Similarly annoying is Emma's apparent belief that her parents are faultless. I mean, yeah, what they did was horrible, but it's obvious they regret it a lot. I certainly don't see why this would push her over.
          Cause they flat out lied to her face several times. I know from experience, having a family member i thought i was close to, who did that to me, had me hating them for quite a while.

The Author storyline is getting more intricate by the minute and I'm really into it(the Walt Disney reference was a bit too much), though I'm confused as to how the Dragon fits into all this. August is a big exposition dump this season, which is disappointing(also, he and Emma don't seem to be bringing up the elephant in the room - his manipulation of Neal).
          IN a way i actually liked what they did, making the author not just one person, but one in a long line of "Watchers". Though i do agree, what did that oriental guy who was the dragon, have to do with it all.

The Gold/Belle scene was jarring. He's gone so far into the road of darkness that his hamfisted explanation how he wants to make his redemption possible just feels stupid. It was his own fault he got booted out of town.
          Yea. Almost like some murderers who are on trial trying to justify why they killed someone. At this point in time, i seriously hope someone decides to use that magical hat and just traps gold in it!

I liked Henry's enhanced role. He really needs more to do, he's a much more important character than the writers give him credit for.
          Henry has really come into his own, especially since the issues with Pan.

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
          Also on a sidenote, freaking Ursula and Cruella knew all along what happened to Maleficents kid. They fell into the Portal with it so they should have come out at the same place. They where guarding her for Christ sakes. Nobody of her old friends thought to mention to her "Hey, we left your daughter at a Orphanage and bolted dear" ????
          Maybe they didn't come out In the same spot..

Comment

I felt very badly for Maleficent when she was begging Snow and Charming not to take her child. She spent all those many years grieving for a child she never even knew was a boy or girl, never got to hold her. All because of two very selfish people. It will be interesting to see what happens when and if Maleficent gets to see and/or meet her daughter.

I really, really didn't like how Charming yelled at Henry for wanting to help them. He should know by now that the kid is way more capable of doing things than he's given credit for. Stop treating him like a little boy.

Comment

Is anybody else wondering why Cruella and Ursula look like they haven't aged a day, even though they've been in the Land Without Magic for 30 years? Shouldn't they(at least Cruella) be pensioners by now?

Comment

Man, this whole Episode was awesome. Only thing I dont like is the "Lost" vibe I get from all of this. Alot of things fit in now and then again not at all. Most importantly the Author who has been the focus of this Season.

First off, ha! Called it right before it happened.
                So the Curse and the Book existed a long time before all this happened. Even weirder the Curse was stolen, before the Author got trapped. So how does the Book wind up in Storybrook? Was the Apprentice keeping it and through its magic just appeared out of coincidence to the Mother of the Saviour and was Plot point to her even believing?

The Author was the last one to take the task of recording, so why are there Pages about events that happened after? How far into the Future was he able to write or is he still writing it from within, like Reginas alternate choice with Robin Hood?

I loved how August told them how the Writer gave the Stories to People in our Realm, up to a guy named Walt. We all know who he meant there.

I felt the same way when I called Lily being Maleficent's daughter(I guess it works the same way as Neal coincidentally ending up with Emma).
                Do you really think Cruella and Ursula would admit to something like that?

Comment

Snow and Charming just went to super villain land. Kidnap a baby, filled it with evil and sent it to a different land. Sure they didn't mean to send the kid off but that doesn't really matter.

Comment

I felt the same way when I called Lily being Maleficent's daughter(I guess it works the same way as Neal coincidentally ending up with Emma).
                    Do you really think Cruella and Ursula would admit to something like that?
                    Wait, have we met Lily already? I actually would have expected them to enjoy something like that. They are Villains after all, negative should be fun for them. Though they know who they are dealing with, so you may be right and they were afraid of her.

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                    Snow and Charming just went to super villain land. Kidnap a baby, filled it with evil and sent it to a different land. Sure they didn't mean to send the kid off but that doesn't really matter.
                    Even worse, the Baby was out for a very bad start from the beginning. Its balance was screwed with even before it was born, just like Emma but this one is going to be the opposite of the Saviour.

I wonder what will happen when Maleficent finds her. She is different and not really ruled by Vengance rather than Grief. She already sacrificed herself to save the others, tried to warn snow and lost her Baby in the process, she even begged to get her Egg back. She doesnt really seem Evil.
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Wait, have we met Lily already? I actually would have expected them to enjoy something like that.
                      We met Lily in the first half of the season when we saw Emma having a friend. That girl talked her into stealing stuff from a store and they broke into a vacant house and were staying there until ... Lily's adoptive father found them and took her home. Emma was very hurt to find out that Lily had a family and had lied to her, and refused to have anything to do with her after that.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        We met Lily in the first half of the season when we saw Emma having a friend. That girl talked her into stealing stuff from a store and they broke into a vacant house and were staying there until ... Lily's adoptive father found them and took her home. Emma was very hurt to find out that Lily had a family and had lied to her, and refused to have anything to do with her after that.
                        Oh God! Good catch there, I didnt even remember her Name. This is not going to help much, once Mom and Daughter are together again. I fear that the Kid will be even worse than the Mother. Lets just wait for who the Father is, my bet is on someone magical. May be Rumple, that would make her alot stronger and considerable a real match for Emma.
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

I wonder if Lily can turn into a dragon in the real world. There was that one guy that could turn into a dragon and the dude that was a flying monkey.

Comment

I know it's a long shot, but wouldn't it be great if the daddy was Smaug?

Comment

Yes, who was Maleficent's, um, man friend anyway?
                              sigpic
                              Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Working...
                              X