• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Unfortunate Soul (416)

ONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON FOUR
    POOR UNFORTUNATE SOUL
    EPISODE NUMBER - 416
    Hook leverages his complicated history with Ursula to find out what she knows about Gold’s endgame. Gold and the Queens of Darkness torture August for information about the Author as Emma, Mary Margaret and David race to find them. (ABC)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 18 March 2015, 10:20 PM.

Well, this half of the Season had a bumpy start, but it is actually turning out pretty good. This whole Season seems to be about redemption, while for Emma it will be the fall. I really like all the Queens of Darkness, while they are already breaking apart.

Ursulas Storyline was fast, but she went from uninterresting to endearing to me. I liked the touch with Ursulas Singing voice. We all know that tune. I was actually happy for her, that she got her voice back just for hearing that.

I dont know if Cruella and Maleficent actually have a happy ending though. Cruella might have, once she finds a second Dalmation for Pongo and starts to breed for Fur. Maleficent would need to find love and get pregnant. Also bit of a hard task if you are a Dragon, but maybe the Crocodile might come in handy.

I am waiting to see where they go with the Author Storyline. So far being trapped by the Sorcerer is an odd explanation. That also means the Sorcerer originally created the Curse. I am going to go out on a limb and call it, the Author is actually Evil.

I am just filling in the blanks, but why would the Sorcerer trap the Author inside a Book in a Curse in a land without magic? To make sure he will never return. The blue fairies reaction said as much as well, they where very different. So one was good and one bad judging by the theme of the Season. What if the Author is actually the bad guy?
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I loved and hated the episode at the same time. Much like with this whole season so far.

August's return was awesome. He still has that great chemistry with Emma. Hook got some character development, finally. It's actually a surprise this time that Mr. Gold is STILL the highlight of the episode("You had ONE job, Cruella!").

The flashbacks bored me as they invariably do. Poseidon's performance was ridiculous. The show is becoming too postmodern for its own good. Also, the plot is getting really really thick too. It's kind of hard to follow. Belle and Will are the most boring couple ever. The nose-growing was reaaallly campy.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I think the key for a lot of it is, to get their happy ending they need to redeem themselves....they need to EARN it. Which is just how the heroes got theirs, they earned them.

Ursula found that out and the others might as well. Regina is certainly earning hers. Gold could have his if he'd give up on his quest for power.

Emma...Emma will fall victim to her family's secrets. I'm thinking, if David and Mary Margaret would just tell Emma their dark secret then it would lessen its power and likely have things end better.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
          Well, this half of the Season had a bumpy start, but it is actually turning out pretty good. This whole Season seems to be about redemption, while for Emma it will be the fall. I really like all the Queens of Darkness, while they are already breaking apart.
          It does seem like they are trying to push the issue that Emma might turn dark..

Ursulas Storyline was fast, but she went from uninterresting to endearing to me. I liked the touch with Ursulas Singing voice. We all know that tune. I was actually happy for her, that she got her voice back just for hearing that.
          I liked that they had "poseidon" in it and he was outclassed when his daughter turned into the squid Ursula.

I am waiting to see where they go with the Author Storyline. So far being trapped by the Sorcerer is an odd explanation. That also means the Sorcerer originally created the Curse. I am going to go out on a limb and call it, the Author is actually Evil.

I am just filling in the blanks, but why would the Sorcerer trap the Author inside a Book in a Curse in a land without magic? To make sure he will never return. The blue fairies reaction said as much as well, they where very different. So one was good and one bad judging by the theme of the Season. What if the Author is actually the bad guy?
          Maybe he disliked having his stories wrote about to where someone might find that Magic DOES exist?? And/or so someone couldn't find the Author to pen something else/re-write someone's story..

Originally posted by rushy View Post
          The nose-growing was reaaallly campy.
          I thought it was a great idea.. though i will admit the look was a little off.

Comment

How come that built-in lie detector has never gone off before? Also, isn't it a cruel punishment for a kid?
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I like how they explained the reason there is 2 Ursala's Yvette Nicole Browns from last season I believe and Merrin Dungey's Ursala I thought that was pretty cool explanation

I also liked seeing Eion Bailey back as August

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              I think the key for a lot of it is, to get their happy ending they need to redeem themselves....they need to EARN it. Which is just how the heroes got theirs, they earned them.

Ursula found that out and the others might as well. Regina is certainly earning hers. Gold could have his if he'd give up on his quest for power.

Emma...Emma will fall victim to her family's secrets. I'm thinking, if David and Mary Margaret would just tell Emma their dark secret then it would lessen its power and likely have things end better.
              The Thing About Gold however i believe is that achieving ultimate power is his happy ending if he got Bell and maybe even Baelfire back in his life that would just be a bonus to him, but above all else he desire's power

The nose-growing was reaaallly campy.
              Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              I thought it was a great idea.. though i will admit the look was a little off.
              you could even say it was on the nose
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

How come that built-in lie detector has never gone off before? Also, isn't it a cruel punishment for a kid?
                Maybe she is like everyone else. She has a blind spot when it comes to Family.

Comment

Working...
                X