• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unforgiven (414)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON FOUR
    UNFORGIVEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 414
    David and Mary Margaret suspect Cruella and Ursula have come to Storybrooke looking for something more than their own happy endings -- something that threatens to reveal a secret they thought was long buried. Regina and Henry continue their search for the Author, turning to Pinocchio and Marco in the hope Pinocchio might remember a clue that will help them. (ABC)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 03 March 2015, 09:01 PM.

Somewhat of a letdown ep for me. I liked that they revealed WHY Snow and Charming don't like Maelfacent and co, but other than that, it was just ... OK.

Comment

I didn't really care for this episode either. Not enough Gold, not enough plot advancement... it was really just about the characters and they're not exactly the show's strongest element. Or rather, their development isn't.

Probably the best part of the whole thing was Gold's face when he saw Belle with Will Scarlet.

It was nice to bring August back into the plot - he was a terrific guy and I'm super excited to see him again. As for the Evil Emma plot, it's obvious they're doing the dreadful "I don't know them anymore" cliche. We've seen no hint of Emma having a dark side before and I'm not buying it now.

I also didn't like that Maleficent made absolutely no attempt to go after Regina(who, if I remember correctly, was responsible for her being trapped under the clock tower for 28 years as a dragon. Which begs another question - how do the dead travel between curses? Why are her ashes still down there after Snow White recasted it?) and given the new story thread about her infiltrating the Queens of Darkness group, isn't likely to do so in future episodes either.

The actress playing Maleficent is actually really decent, but it's very hard to feel compassion for her character's newly-revealed loss because of the crappy writing.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

My biggest issue with Maleficent...she's not Angelina Jolie and that's who I feel I should see in that costume.

I think 'evil emma' isn't necessarily because she IS evil, but because she's never faced her dark side, never had powers and made that choice of how far to go with them and where her morale boundary is.

She could go either way. She could keep her 'no that's wrong' boundary, or she could make that choice 'f that, I need to do this'

If my supposition is right then it builds up to a finale where Emma has to make that choice.
        Spoiler:
        and maybe in doing that or facing that, words from Regina - I regret what I did - or something like that will be her key to a happy ending.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm not too crazy about the Queens of Darkness; they don't seem terribly initimidating at the moment. And Maleficent's reason for hating the Charmings is rather interesting. She was supposed to be pregnant and lost the child? Who was the father? Rumple? Another sorcerer?

It was interesting to see Snow and Charming's son still wrapped in swaddling. He must be about 6-8 months old by now and it seems rather a long time for him to still sleep that way.

I think I would rather Snow and Charming had admitted to Emma whatever it was they did to the Queens of Darkness, who are bent on revenge. Whatever they did, they pretty much had to do, because the Queens certainly would not have honored any agreement amongst the group. I'm pretty sure that Emma would have found it somewhat disconcerting that her supposedly perfect parents weren't perfect, but would realize that they aren't perfect and no one is.

Oh, and since when did Belle and Will Scarlet become so chummy that they were kissing in Gold's shop? What that just some sort of friendly little kiss or are they leading up to some kind of romance between them? We still haven't heard what happened between Will and Anastasia that he's so sad about.

Sweet scene with Regina going to Pinocchio's father to apologize and having him soften up and readily accept and then give her the stuff in the motorcycle pouch.

Comment

Things I want to know- what happened with Hook and Ursula? Why were Belle and Will snogging? Who got Maleficent with child?
            sigpic
            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Im Glad Malificent is back

I think Will was either coming on to Bell, or there under some sort enchantment by the queens of darkness to fool Mr Gold to stop him from trying to revert back to a "hero", i just wonder, why... Will?
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

Maybe she felt that will was the only one who was honest with her last half a season??

Comment

Working...
                X