Spoilers through the Books & Show: Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoilers through the Books & Show: Blog

I started my blog because of reading a book. I have correlated so many similarities that I decided to start noting them to see where it goes. Now that I have finished the books series the link below is just one of many of my theories as to how I believe that certain story arc's may end based upon what I would do given the same information.

http://howthegameofthronesends.blogs...-stark-in.html

I honestly believe we will see Ygritte again. I know there are those out there who are saying "You know nothing, b00gieman" but I just say that time will tell.

http://howthegameofthronesends.blogs...t-to-play.html

Comment

you know nothing B00gieman
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

What the character Elaida has to tell us about who Cersei is and why she will meet her ultimate demise at the hands of the valonqar.

http://howthegameofthronesends.blogs...t-without.html

Comment

Ygritte was evil so she'd make a good undead character if she comes back as a wight

come to think of it if the southerners had some common sense they'd start a campaign to wipe out most of the wildlings (sparing a few like Mance)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
            Ygritte was evil so she'd make a good undead character if she comes back as a wight

come to think of it if the southerners had some common sense they'd start a campaign to wipe out most of the wildlings (sparing a few like Mance)

Most of the characters in ASOIAF aren't really good or bad. It's really a matter of perspective. If you had been born on the north side of the wall wouldn't your philosophy of those south of the wall pretty much be the same as hers? I think perspectives will become clearer once the truth about the past comes out and then once sides are chosen we will see good vs evil take shape.

Comment

In The Wheel of Time the fight for the Sun Throne and Lion Throne is called "The Game of Houses." In ASOIAF the fight for the "Iron Throne" is called "The Game of Thrones." The same political maneuvering and backstabbing is found in both. The gathering of armies and the smallfolk paying the biggest price.

http://howthegameofthronesends.blogs...-houses-2.html

Comment

Originally posted by b00gieman View Post
                Most of the characters in ASOIAF aren't really good or bad. It's really a matter of perspective. If you had been born on the north side of the wall wouldn't your philosophy of those south of the wall pretty much be the same as hers? I think perspectives will become clearer once the truth about the past comes out and then once sides are chosen we will see good vs evil take shape.
                maybe but the wildlings are one of the few who are clearly cut out as the objectively evil type (more specifically the "chaotic evil" alignment, only a few are like that in the south like Joffrey, Ramsay, the mountain, the tickler etc.)
                that's because they systematically kill unarmed villagers indiscriminately without even giving them a chance to surrender (which is worse than even savage factions of the south like the dothraki). in fact it's surprising Jon didn't mention this to Stannis

if the wildlings feel persecuted then why don't they go after the armed forces of the south instead? obviously they just use that as an excuse to have fun in their own way

IMO the wildlings were a essentially meant to be the orcs in LOTR
                (in LOTR a few orcs are even depicted as relatively honourable compared to the rest of the race just like Mance is here)

Comment

maybe but the wildlings are one of the few who are clearly cut out as the objectively evil type (more specifically the "chaotic evil" alignment, only a few are like that in the south like Joffrey, Ramsay, the mountain, the tickler etc.)
                  that's because they systematically kill unarmed villagers indiscriminately without even giving them a chance to surrender (which is worse than even savage factions of the south like the dothraki). in fact it's surprising Jon didn't mention this to Stannis

if the wildlings feel persecuted then why don't they go after the armed forces of the south instead? obviously they just use that as an excuse to have fun in their own way

IMO the wildlings were a essentially meant to be the orcs in LOTR
                  (in LOTR a few orcs are even depicted as relatively honourable compared to the rest of the race just like Mance is here)

If you are referring to the man they encountered who had the horses that was just a bi-product of war. Take for instance that in the Seven Kingdoms they ransom off high born lords and ladies because it benefits them. But the smallfolk are not even given a second thought. If you look at it that way then everybody is evil. One man's terrorist is one man's freedom fighter. I just believe that we don't know the entire truth and like I keep saying once it comes out it is going to be a game changer.

Comment

the bloke with the horses was the least of examples, I mostly meant the ones in the subsequent episodes where they raided a farm (the bald cannibal wildlings were part of the raid & they even killed some kid's parents in front of him) as well as that small village which they attacked at night & killed everyone except Gilly who was able to hide

of course just about everyone south is evil (feudalism is evil) but so far the wildlings are the only faction shown to systematically proceed like this

(some people in the south like Tywin are perfectly capable of doing something like that but only as a means to an end when it serves their purpose and even then only as some sort of (grossly disproportionate) retribution like in Castamere for instance)

Comment

the bloke with the horses was the least of examples, I mostly meant the ones in the subsequent episodes where they raided a farm (the bald cannibal wildlings were part of the raid & they even killed some kid's parents in front of him) as well as that small village which they attacked at night & killed everyone except Gilly who was able to hide

of course just about everyone south is evil (feudalism is evil) but so far the wildlings are the only faction shown to systematically proceed like this

(some people in the south like Tywin are perfectly capable of doing something like that but only as a means to an end when it serves their purpose and even then only as some sort of (grossly disproportionate) retribution like in Castamere for instance)
                      Au Contraire Mon Capitan. Did you forget who sent the Mountain out to terrorize the countryside. That was none other than Tywin Lannister. Again a matter of perspective. We could do this all day but there will always be an example that shows that it depends on which side you fighting for that determines your actions and each side justifies their actions based upon their goals. The winner writes the history but in the case of Westeros I believe we are going to find that this isn't the case and I believe we will find that R'hllor and his followers pulled the wool over everyone's eyes making the Other's the snarks and grumpkins of every child's nightmares. What would the Wildlings do if they took prisoners? Would they establish prison camps and leave men behind to guard them when they are so few to begin with? No they would kill them and move on otherwise they take a chance of those individuals alerting the kingdom of their presence.

Comment

Au Contraire Mon Capitan. Did you forget who sent the Mountain out to terrorize the countryside. That was none other than Tywin Lannister. Again a matter of perspective. We could do this all day but there will always be an example that shows that it depends on which side you fighting for that determines your actions and each side justifies their actions based upon their goals. The winner writes the history but in the case of Westeros I believe we are going to find that this isn't the case and I believe we will find that R'hllor and his followers pulled the wool over everyone's eyes making the Other's the snarks and grumpkins of every child's nightmares. What would the Wildlings do if they took prisoners? Would they establish prison camps and leave men behind to guard them when they are so few to begin with? No they would kill them and move on otherwise they take a chance of those individuals alerting the kingdom of their presence.
                        then You Are Relieved Of Duty Commander
                        history versions are one thing but visuals are another (can't deny what's shown on screen)
                        there's again the difference in alignments between neutral evil & chaotic evil - Tywin for starters is the big bad of the story so we expect big-bad from him :|
                        he specifically targeted the villagers in that area as "punishment" for siding with the Brotherhood (or as a warning to the Brotherhood that their actions killed those they wanted to help), it was part of his reign of terror & it was a means to an end. remember when he ordered the tortures to stop? not out of compassion but because he needed hand labour
                        like I said he's one bad example not the entire south, other kings like Robert, Robb, Renly or even Stannis would've punished such actions
                        there's good not-so-bad houses like the Starks, Tyrells, Tullys, Baratheons, then there's evil houses like the Lannisters, Greyjoys/ironborn, Freys, Boltons...

the wildlings on the other hand are all consistent in their MO and are a simpler mindset: kill whoever's in their path who's not one of them (and sometimes eat them while they're at it)
                        for the heck of it
                        in fact southeners like the Mountain would fit in perfectly with the wildlings

that's why it's better to deal with someone like Tywin, give them what they want (even false info) & there's small chance to survive
                        if dealing with wildlings on the other hand chances of survival are exactly nil. lol

Comment

then You Are Relieved Of Duty Commander
                          history versions are one thing but visuals are another (can't deny what's shown on screen)
                          there's again the difference in alignments between neutral evil & chaotic evil - Tywin for starters is the big bad of the story so we expect big-bad from him :|
                          he specifically targeted the villagers in that area as "punishment" for siding with the Brotherhood (or as a warning to the Brotherhood that their actions killed those they wanted to help), it was part of his reign of terror & it was a means to an end. remember when he ordered the tortures to stop? not out of compassion but because he needed hand labour
                          like I said he's one bad example not the entire south, other kings like Robert, Robb, Renly or even Stannis would've punished such actions
                          there's good not-so-bad houses like the Starks, Tyrells, Tullys, Baratheons, then there's evil houses like the Lannisters, Greyjoys/ironborn, Freys, Boltons...

the wildlings on the other hand are all consistent in their MO and are a simpler mindset: kill whoever's in their path who's not one of them (and sometimes eat them while they're at it)
                          for the heck of it
                          in fact southeners like the Mountain would fit in perfectly with the wildlings

that's why it's better to deal with someone like Tywin, give them what they want (even false info) & there's small chance to survive
                          if dealing with wildlings on the other hand chances of survival are exactly nil. lol

Have you read the books? It seems you are making your arguments based upon the TV show. TV does a lot of things for dramatic effect. The things I am posting on this website is to show the reader that I believe that ASOIAF will end in a similar fashion to The Wheel of Time. Take the topic we are discussing but not in line with what I was actually trying to state. I believe that Ygritte will come back as a hero of the Horn of Winter the same as Birgritte did in TWOT as a hero of the Horn of Valere. All men do both good and bad so you really can't put people into one category or the other in ASOIAF. If she does reappear in this fashion do you actually think the Men of the Night's Watch would see her as evil if she was fighting for their side? The Wildings just happened to be north of the Wall when it went up and now they are considered the bad guys. The Night's Watch seems to have lost their purpose. Why would you need a 700 foot wall to guard the realm against normal people. A bit excessive IMO. There is more to the story than we know and the part about the White Walkers or the Others hasn't been told yet. Have patience grasshopper.

Comment

Have patience grasshopper
                            but I c'Ant wait

yeah I was talking about the show - this forum's about TV only - haven't read the book

I know there's various divergences from the original storyline, some small some not so small
                            eg. I know 1 detail, apparently in the book the Tickler met a more appropriate/karmic death than on screen hehe
                            but I reckon that's why the screenwriters took care to only base the show on the book not make an adaptation (hence the different title. Peter Jackson should've done likewise for the LOTR movies)

and judging by the legnth of the show I imagine the books must be incredibly long, far longer than the entire middle-earth storyline so tbh I'm not sure I'll read them once the show's over

Comment

but I c'Ant wait

yeah I was talking about the show - this forum's about TV only - haven't read the book

I know there's various divergences from the original storyline, some small some not so small
                              eg. I know 1 detail, apparently in the book the Tickler met a more appropriate/karmic death than on screen hehe
                              but I reckon that's why the screenwriters took care to only base the show on the book not make an adaptation (hence the different title. Peter Jackson should've done likewise for the LOTR movies)

and judging by the legnth of the show I imagine the books must be incredibly long, far longer than the entire middle-earth storyline so tbh I'm not sure I'll read them once the show's over

Then you should definitely read the books. They are much better than the show IMO. Hope I didn't spoil anything for you but if you went to my blog it states up front that spoilers follow. Like I said before I have seen so many similarities between ASOIAF and TWOT that it can't be just coincidence. So I am putting together a theory as to how I believe The Game of Thrones will end based upon TWOT.

Comment

Working...
                              X