Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGU - A good place to stop watching S2 before the cliffhanger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU - A good place to stop watching S2 before the cliffhanger?

I am on Season 2 now and I wondered if there was any point at which I could just stop watching before the cliff hanger story threads start. I just hate it when they cancel stuff and leave us hanging. They tied up Stargate (and I understand Continuum, tho not a 'gate' show) is getting it's tie up too. Not sure about Atlantis as I haven't got to the end of season 1 yet. Watched it many years ago when first broadcast in the UK. But if that ends in mid air too and anyone has a suggestion as to where I cut my losses and stop watching, please let me know.

Thanks

Phil

After the Twin destinies-Common Descent-Epiloge trio.

Comment

I suppose you can stop at Epilogue. There are only two more episodes after that though, and the last episode of SGU isn't a bad sort of cliffhanger ending (IMO). I mean, it leaves things open/hanging in a pretty big way, but it's not like the end of season one, where the episode just stops in the middle of a bunch of action.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah the finale in my opinion was possibly the best finale of any of the three Stargate shows. It ties up the show in a way where, thematically at least, all the arcs reach some kind of a conclusion. It couldn't possibly wrap up the story in the way it was initally intended or answer all the big questions of course, but in that sense the "cliffhanger threads" already existed from the start of the show.
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

If you don't watch the finale, you are depriving yourself of one of the finest moments in Stargate.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
            If you don't watch the finale, you are depriving yourself of one of the finest moments in Stargate.

If you're going to watch SGU, watch all of it! I can't imagine getting to 'Epilogue' and then not seeing what comes after. The ending was I agree the best one out of all the series'.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
              True. The Symmetry of the ship going all dark with that musical montage, in a counter part to how it awoke in Air was Pure poetry!

Comment

In this episode nobody not died. Of course this is an open end,you can self think what will happen next.
                sigpic

Comment

It has been over a year since the initial posting, hope you decided to watch it to the end. Let us know if you happen back this way again, what did you do?

Comment

Working...
                  X