No announcement yet.

Blood Must Have Blood, Part 1 (215)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with both of you that Cage is perfect for hating. He's got the spoiled child thing down cold. Casting did a great job on that character.

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
      I not sure if Lexa will come back, it did just look like she took the deal and retreated. When you said that it did't feel right and that there could be more surprises, I thought you meant that maybe Lexa had some other plan. Which is possible, and it would make sense for her to get her injured people out of the way, make a show of a retreat, and come back later. Indra heard the horn and retreated, not really knowing why they were retreating since she was in the tunnel with Octavia. So I can see her not being happy about it, and maybe trying to get Lexa to go back, and maybe using the knowledge that Lexa knew about about the missile attack, but didn't warn anyone, to force her to go back.
      Ok, after a rewatch, I have to give the theory that Lexa will return in some manner more credence. After ordering the retreat and the apparent betrayal, Lexa told Clarke "We will meet again" with an intensity that indicates she was trying to lay something down for Clarke to pick up on that she couldn't say outright. Both Lexa & Clarke have shown that they will put secrecy required for tactical advantage above relationships, perhaps something like that is going on.

Have to wonder about the total absence of Jaha and the City of Light too. Perhaps Lexa is familiar with the City of Light in some way and they are involved somehow?

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
        That's a good point. Although I'm not sure how they can work together after all that has happened, unless President Sr. is really good at diplomacy. (seeing the deal he got Cage to make with Lexa, I'd say he is....)
        Maybe Dante can stage his own coup. Since he was helping out the Ark kids earlier, they could be willing to deal with each other again, as long as his people can get cured and the none of the Ark people have to die to get that cure. I don't think any kind of deal can work with Cage involved though. He seems to have a severe case of tunnel vision and he seems a bit unstable. If the Grounders show up, they can give Cage and the people loyal to him over to the grounders. And maybe hand Dante over to them as well, since I don't think the grounders would go for keeping him alive and he did betray the Ark people too. What happens could also depend on which/how many Grounders show up and who's leading them if they show up.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Ok, after a rewatch, I have to give the theory that Lexa will return in some manner more credence. After ordering the retreat and the apparent betrayal, Lexa told Clarke "We will meet again" with an intensity that indicates she was trying to lay something down for Clarke to pick up on that she couldn't say outright. Both Lexa & Clarke have shown that they will put secrecy required for tactical advantage above relationships, perhaps something like that is going on.

Have to wonder about the total absence of Jaha and the City of Light too. Perhaps Lexa is familiar with the City of Light in some way and they are involved somehow?
        Yeah, "the may we meet again" line could have been Lexa hinting that she'll be back herself, or her hoping that Clarke will make it, or even talking about meeting again in the afterlife (or based on her spiritual beliefs in her next incarnation through a new Commander).

I've been wondering if the City of Light can connect into what's going on now. I don't really think it can this season. I don't think there would be enough time. The City of Light seems to have some technology though, since they used the drone. It might be full of the deformed people that were cast out by the Grounders. I don't know if they'd get along very well. They might end up helping the Ark people though (most likely next season), if they end up at war with the Grounders again.
        sigpic

Comment

I've been wondering if the City of Light can connect into what's going on now. I don't really think it can this season. I don't think there would be enough time. The City of Light seems to have some technology though, since they used the drone. It might be full of the deformed people that were cast out by the Grounders. I don't know if they'd get along very well. They might end up helping the Ark people though (most likely next season), if they end up at war with the Grounders again.
          Unless Lexa comes back as part of some plan we know nothing about yet, (and even if she does) I think it's a safe bet that the Grounders and the Ark people are gonna go at it again. Many people didn't expect the alliance to last.

You're right about not being time this season for the City of Light to play much of a part, but I think I have an idea what the season ending cliffhanger will be. =)

Comment

I agree, season 2 is better than season 1. It's a lot more interesting/exciting overall.
            If anyone has a link to viewer rating stats, i would love to see how S2 is comparing to S1 for # of watchers.

Octavia is one of my favorite characters. I found her really annoying at the beginning of the series, but grew to really love her (especially after her backstory episode).
            Agreed. For the first 4-5 eps, she seemed like nothing more than a whiny brat who wanted to do what ever, when ever, and be 'damned what anyone says'. Now she is a real character.

I'm glad that she's had more to do during the second half of the season. I love her relationship with her brother. I'm glad that she stood her ground and wouldn't leave Bellamy behind, even if it upset Indra and caused her to take back her acceptance of Octavia as one of her people.
            That right there imo just shows how much of a transition her 'character' has undergone. No longer is she the whiny one, but now a fierce proud woman, who stands up for what she believes.

Yeah, there was a lot going on during this episode. They better have a little bit of Jaha and Murphy next week lol. I love the the dynamic between the two, and I don't want to wait until next season to find out where that drone was leading them.
            Cause of all they are doing with Murphy and Jaha, i am starting to like their characters more and more.

He's my favorite grounder as well. He's also one of my favorite characters overall. He seems like he's a really good person. He's strong, he'll fight for what he believes in and to protect the people that he cares about, he'll kill when he has to, but he doesn't enjoy it. When everyone (including Clarke) was doing that whole "blood must have blood" chant. He stayed silent. He disagrees with his people ways sometimes and he's even been kick out for it. He and Octavia have even more in common now lol.
            And it really brought to the fore Octavia's statement that now "She is a person with out a home when indra said "You are no longer one of our people".

I agree with some of you that Lexa taking a deal and turning tail doesn't fit with her character. We can only hope she's planning some sort of a surprise attack to help and Clarke just doesn't know about it (Lexa did say "may we meet again")....If not, I can't see them ever reaching a peaceful accord.
            With how things are going, i feel the "Truce" is soon to be over.. permanently.

I worry about Bellamy and the rest in the Mt. Poor Maya, even if they get out, she can't survive.
            That is one of the few things i like about this show compared to others. They are not scared about killing people off. And it IS high time we had a big 'named person' die imo.

[QUOTE=rkgardner2003;14320975]I wish I could punch Cage through the TV, that actor is so good I just can't stand him. [/quote

That to me is the sign of a great actor. One who does so well playing the evil bad guy, that you just want to reach through the TV screen and wring his neck!

That's a good point. Although I'm not sure how they can work together after all that has happened, unless President Sr. is really good at diplomacy. (seeing the deal he got Cage to make with Lexa, I'd say he is....)
            After seeing next week's preview clip, i don't think Daddy dearest is long for the world.

Maybe Dante can stage his own coup. Since he was helping out the Ark kids earlier, they could be willing to deal with each other again, as long as his people can get cured and the none of the Ark people have to die to get that cure.
            I doubt it since it looked a LOT like the plan to hand the grounders over to Lexa idea came FROM daddy not Cage.

If nothing else, it seems like it might be a place all are allowed to go to.
            I also hope that next season we actually see something of all the other Arc survivor sites.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              If anyone has a link to viewer rating stats, i would love to see how S2 is comparing to S1 for # of watchers.
              Season 1: http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/th...ratings-31866/

Season 2: http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/th...ratings-34461/

It's down a bit overall from last season, mainly because it actually premiered pretty high (for the CW), but then drpoed to 0.5's and 0.6's (in the 18-49 demo). It's been pretty stable since then, even thought it's also been up against Empire for the second half of this season (and Empire does really, really well, I think it's breaking records). I can understand why a lot of people left during those first few episodes of season 1, those were probably the worst episodes of the show (IMO).

Agreed. For the first 4-5 eps, she seemed like nothing more than a whiny brat who wanted to do what ever, when ever, and be 'damned what anyone says'. Now she is a real character.

That right there imo just shows how much of a transition her 'character' has undergone. No longer is she the whiny one, but now a fierce proud woman, who stands up for what she believes.
              Yeah, early on, she just seemed like a boy crazy, rebellious brat, but once they showed her background and how she was forced to live on the Ark, she became really sympathetic and her actions were more understandable. She also seems to have matured more this season.

Cause of all they are doing with Murphy and Jaha, i am starting to like their characters more and more.
              I've always liked Jaha, but Murphy has really grown on me this season. I think the actor is great and I liked him as an antagonist last season (and I really liked him and his character on Continuum), but now Murphy has kind of become one of my favorites. The two characters work well together.

And it really brought to the fore Octavia's statement that now "She is a person with out a home when indra said "You are no longer one of our people".
              Yeah. I feel bad for Octavia.

That is one of the few things i like about this show compared to others. They are not scared about killing people off. And it IS high time we had a big 'named person' die imo.
              I think at least 1 major character should die as well (it doesn't have to be a main character, but someone important and with a fairly big role). Not that I want any of the major characters dead, but with the stakes so high, if everyone important survives, it would sort of cheapen all the build-up.

I doubt it since it looked a LOT like the plan to hand the grounders over to Lexa idea came FROM daddy not Cage.
              It was Dante's plan, but he only came up with it after Cage told him how much danger his people were in. He was trying to save his people from being slaughtered by "savages". He doesn't see the Ark people as savages, and he actually helped them before.

If nothing else, it seems like it might be a place all are allowed to go to.
              I also hope that next season we actually see something of all the other Arc survivor sites.
              Yeah! It might just be some kind of peaceful sanctuary where everyone accepted.

I hope that there are more survivors from other parts of the Ark and that some of the characters meet up with them soon (at least by early next season).
              sigpic

Comment

Unless Lexa comes back as part of some plan we know nothing about yet, (and even if she does) I think it's a safe bet that the Grounders and the Ark people are gonna go at it again. Many people didn't expect the alliance to last.

You're right about not being time this season for the City of Light to play much of a part, but I think I have an idea what the season ending cliffhanger will be. =)
                I agree, even if Lexa does come back, I don't think the alliance will last. Maybe there could be an alliance between certain clans and the sky people or something. But I don't think everyone will continue to try to get along. Defeating Mt. Weather and getting their people back was the main thing holding the alliance of the 12 clans and the alliance with the Sky people together. And if everyone just got along nicely the show would be boring lol.

I can see the season ending sort of like last season. Where you have the fates of some people up in the air and while other characters are in a relatively good place. Maybe Jaha and Murphy (or at least one of them) will end the season in a relatively good position, while the stuff at Mt Weather will end on a pretty big cliffhanger. Like, the Ark people take control of the mountain, maybe with the help of some of the Grounders (along with some help from some of the Mt. Men), while another faction of Grounders is trying to attack them (with some people either being dead, injured, captured or their fates unknown). Or just everyone is in danger all around lol.
                sigpic

Comment

I can see the season ending sort of like last season. Where you have the fates of some people up in the air and while other characters are in a relatively good place. Maybe Jaha and Murphy (or at least one of them) will end the season in a relatively good position, while the stuff at Mt Weather will end on a pretty big cliffhanger. Like, the Ark people take control of the mountain, maybe with the help of some of the Grounders (along with some help from some of the Mt. Men), while another faction of Grounders is trying to attack them (with some people either being dead, injured, captured or their fates unknown). Or just everyone is in danger all around lol.
                  I was thinking more along the lines of Lexa's grounders and the City of Light forces joining in attack against Mt. Weather. To Be Continued.......

Comment

Thanks.

I've always liked Jaha, but Murphy has really grown on me this season. I think the actor is great and I liked him as an antagonist last season (and I really liked him and his character on Continuum), but now Murphy has kind of become one of my favorites. The two characters work well together.
                    So far, Murphy is really one of only 3 maybe 4 of the 100s main people we have yet to get a back story for. That and both Jasper and Montey.

I think at least 1 major character should die as well (it doesn't have to be a main character, but someone important and with a fairly big role). Not that I want any of the major characters dead, but with the stakes so high, if everyone important survives, it would sort of cheapen all the build-up.
                    Perhaps we could do a Poll thread for that.

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of Lexa's grounders and the City of Light forces joining in attack against Mt. Weather. To Be Continued.......
                      That sound nice and hopeful (which is a good thing, I'm not trying to say it's a bad thing). I think I'm just used to almost everything I watch ending, at least partly, in a, "Oh no, will they make it out alive?" and/or "How will the make it out alive?", type of cliffhanger lol, so I always imagine the worst.

Thanks.
                      You're welcome!

So far, Murphy is really one of only 3 maybe 4 of the 100s main people we have yet to get a back story for. That and both Jasper and Montey.
                      Yeah, they've only mentioned a little bit of backstory for Murphy so far. Something about how his parents(or one of his parents) were executed for stealing medicine (while the other one died of whatever they didn't have the medicine for), I can't really remember. And I think they mentioned that either Jasper's or Monty's parents (I think it was Monty's), grew plants/food on the Ark, but that's about it. We weren't shown flashbacks for them, like with Abby, Clarke, Bellamy, Octavia, Raven, and Finn. I think even Kane had a flashback with his mom (but I might be completely imagining that lol). Hopefully they get more backstory next season, if they survive this season. I'd also love it if they gave Lincoln a little more backstory too.

Perhaps we could do a Poll thread for that.
                      Like a, " Yes or no, should a major character die during the season finale poll?" and then people could discuss who might die, based on what has been going on? That could be good, and I think it would work better than a "Who do you want to die poll?" or something like that (those usually end up being mean-spirited). I don't know if we'd have enough people discussing it to warrant it's own thread though, so I don't know.
                      sigpic

Comment

Like a, " Yes or no, should a major character die during the season finale poll?" and then people could discuss who might die, based on what has been going on? That could be good, and I think it would work better than a "Who do you want to die poll?" or something like that (those usually end up being mean-spirited). I don't know if we'd have enough people discussing it to warrant it's own thread though, so I don't know.
                        I'd be down with that. I will start it.

Comment

I didn't think Lexa would betray them like that. I thought she would have had more honour than thaT. Guess she doesn't know what honour means.

Now I'm hoping Clarke and the others cripple them so badly now that there's no coming back for Lexa and her grounder animals. Make them pay dearly for their betrayal.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hard to comment not knowing if you've seen Part II. Since this aired a while back, it's certainly possible that you have.

Comment

Just watched part II earlier. The UK is a bit behind the US So we only got it on Tuesday.
                              Spoiler:
                              At least Lexa's second in command has honour. She should teach Lexa the meaning of the word.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X