Bodyguard of Lies (214)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raduzhok View Post
    October seems so far away, but I'm watching so many other series, that the time might actually go fast. I was thinking of going back and reviewing the season again, just to get a fix, and remind myself of the details.
    True, during the apr-oct or so time frame when this show, Arrow/the flash and many others are off the air we don't really (IMO) get that many good shows to watch, other than Falling skies, The Lottery and the Last resort.

Comment

I think there are enough good shows in recent years; Haven, Continuum, The 100, The Last Ship, Falling Skies, Doctor Who, The Librarians and others. but they are all running 1/2 seasons (13 eps or less) and calling them seasons, so the total content is about 1/2 what it should be. So at any particular time, there may not be much to watch.

Comment

A season is defined by its production length not number of episodes
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't accept the definition of a season that some networks are trying to push.

Traditionally, a season has been anywhere from 22-26 episodes, and the big networks such as ABC/CBS/NBC still use that in most cases.

However, the smaller networks, and even the big ones when dealing with science fiction properties have been doing half seasons (13 or less) for several years now.

If we viewers accept their definition, that's all we're going to get in the future.

Comment

That is like the people who don't accept global warming. It's true regardless if you accept it or not
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              If we viewers accept their definition, that's all we're going to get in the future.
              Maybe that is WHY we are seeing more and more shows only do the 13 or less eps to a 'full season', cause they have been seeing enough viewership For the shows already doing it, to justify keeping it that low.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                That is like the people who don't accept global warming. It's true regardless if you accept it or not
                We have differing opinions on that too. The Earth has natural periods of warming and cooling. Short of all out nuclear war, it is pretty damn arrogant to think that we mere humans can have any influence on this at all.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  Maybe that is WHY we are seeing more and more shows only do the 13 or less eps to a 'full season', cause they have been seeing enough viewership For the shows already doing it, to justify keeping it that low.
                  What has never made sense to me is that if they are making a profit by producing and airing a show, or buying it, why do they think they'll make more money be making fewer episodes of that show. It's like a factory owner thinking he will make more money selling 10 widgets than he will making and selling 20. It just doesn't make sense.

Comment

Working...
                  X