• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bodyguard of Lies (214)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE 100 - SEASON TWO
    BODYGUARD OF LIES
    EPISODE NUMBER - 214
    While Raven and Wick try to guide Bellamy in neutralizing Mount Weather's acid fog, tensions rise between Clarke and Lexa when Octavia learns their shared secret. Elsewhere, Jaha's expedition discovers that a minefield stands between them and the legendary City of Lights.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 March 2015, 09:40 PM.

So Octavia and her commander (indra) know of what clark/Lexa did, and though octavia is peeved, Indra has no issues with it (well for now).
    I loved how bellamy took out the fox, but was surprised that the Mt Weather people could close off his radio chatter so quickly.

And the 'City of lights" being a bunch of solar panels.. Man what a trip!

Comment

A few random thoughts....
      Bellemy wasn't bright enough to realize that the first time his stolen keycard failed to open a lock, that failure would raise an alarm in the security office and keeps using it? 2-3 tries later, of course they find him.

I loved the look of fear on Cage's face when hs security guy tells him that they have nothing left but the doors.

And is it really a good idea to have Lexa / Clarke get romantic? I'd say the writers planted a nice seed which could grow to break the alliance between grounders and sky people.

Comment

I just loved the end when the guys in Mt Weather realized their defenses were down. Can't wait to see Bellamy release the other prisoners.

You could see something was coming when Lexa admitted to caring about Clarke, we'll have to see how that changes their relationship.

If they are getting so close to battling Mt Weather, it makes me wonder if those watching Jaha are going to be the next big adversary.

Comment

Stumbled upon this thread and realized it was for The 100!!! When is the next season coming out?
          sigpic

Comment

Further thoughts....
            Even though they had no way to know, since it turned out that Mt. Weather's people knew they had a spy anyway, Clarke/Lexa's decision not to warn people of the incoming missile attack seems likely to come back and haunt them. Both of 'em may lose the confidence and ability to lead their people.

Comment

I loved this episode. I love episodes where everyone is doing their part to achieve a goal.

Loved Murphy and Jaha. I lol'd when Murphy said something like, "if you don't be quiet (or something) I'll beat you to death with Jaha's stick." I love that even though Murphy isn't an antagonist this season, they haven't tried to turn him into a really nice guy. I'm really interested in seeing where that whole quest for the City of Light leads.

Loved Bellamy and the Mt. Weather scenes. Last week I was wondering if anyone was ever going to notice that Lovejoy was missing and lock out his keycard. The guy had a family and you would think that he had to visually check in with the other guards at some point (and Bellamy looked nothing at all like Lovejoy even at a distance). I was giving it a pass because a lot was going on, but I'm glad that the Mt. Weather people noticed this week.

Loved Wick and Raven trying to figure out how to disable the fog machine and trying to explain how to do that to Bellamy. I'm glad that Raven needed and accepted help from someone else, I really liked seeing Raven and Wick work together again. I like them as friends and don't care whether or not they end up in an actual relationship eventually (something more than just friends with "benefits"), but wouldn't I mind it at all if they do (as long as there isn't an entire episode devoted to it, same with Clarke and Lexa). I hope that Wick doesn't die, I really like the character and hope that he's on the show more. Same goes for Raven, she's probably my favorite character after Bellamy and I really don't want her to die.

Really liked most of scenes with Lexa and Clarke. I really liked that Clarke wouldn't allow anything to happen to Octavia during this episode. Lexa seems to have really developed feelings for Clarke. I liked that Clarke felt it would be too soon for more than just friendship. A romantic relationship between the two could cause more problems, but I'm interested in seeing where things go, and for now, I don't mind if they developed a relationship further down the line.

I really liked that Indra and Octavia figured out on their own what Clarke and Lexa did. I'm not surprised that Indra was ok with it. They were practically marching to victory and it would have been a horribly stupid time for anyone to decide to take issue. She also seems like the hardened stoic warrior type that would sacrifice anything, including/especially herself her the cause. She's kind of like Kane and Jaha (while he was on the Ark last season anyway, now he's on his way to the Promised Land/City of Lights and he's acting a bit differently).

I really liked that Octavia wasn't immediately accepting of what Clarke did. Octavia's been marked for death by leaders basically since birth, and now she just found out that someone she trusted was going to allow her to die. It would have made no sense if she was, it also would have been out of character based on her past actions.

I'm really looking forward to the last two episodes of the season.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by raduzhok View Post
                Stumbled upon this thread and realized it was for The 100!!! When is the next season coming out?
                There are 2 episodes left in season 2 (in the US and Canada, at least) and I don't think that the CW released their schedule for next season yet. That probably won't be out until April or May (I think).
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  I loved the look of fear on Cage's face when hs security guy tells him that they have nothing left but the doors.
                  That look was priceless. Total "OH SHIP!"

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
                  Can't wait to see Bellamy release the other prisoners.
                  I would have thought he would have done that sooner. With those people acting as a distraction he could have taken the defenses off line sooner..

If they are getting so close to battling Mt Weather, it makes me wonder if those watching Jaha are going to be the next big adversary.
                  Maybe..
                  And the fact its off land, maybe why they survived so long.. BUT i really wish they would show us a map for once, of where everything is!

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    Further thoughts....
                    Even though they had no way to know, since it turned out that Mt. Weather's people knew they had a spy anyway, Clarke/Lexa's decision not to warn people of the incoming missile attack seems likely to come back and haunt them. Both of 'em may lose the confidence and ability to lead their people.
                    Clarke's not the official leader of anyone right now, so I think that it would mostly only affect her friendships. The only people she really seemed to be ordering around were Raven (who's her friend) and her mom (who was acting Chancellor and pretty much just going along with whatever Clarke said because she was her daughter and because Lexa gave Clarke Grounder bodyguards). Some of her friends might lose confidence/ trust in her. I don't know if Bellamy would be to hard on her though, since he kind of caused 300 people to die when he stole the radio from Raven when she first landed.

Lexa might have more of a problem. I was wondering about how the other Grounders would find out. I'm thinking maybe Raven will make some offhand comment to some Grounder village survivor. I think she said she was going to meet up with the strike team, so she's going to be involved in whatever's going to happen at Mt. weather. She was there when Bellamy warned Clarke and I don't think that she knows that she's not supposed to say anything about how Clarke was going to the village to warn people about the missile. Or maybe Lexa will die in battle and the other Grounders won't find out or won't care if they do because she's dead.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    I would have thought he would have done that sooner. With those people acting as a distraction he could have taken the defenses off line sooner..
                    I was wondering about this too, but I think it was pretty understandable to wait (especially at first) because he had to check on his own people, and then he found out that they were in immediate danger and needed to help them. The Grounders in the cages don't know about the alliance and they all have no real reason to trust him even if he did let them out. They might have ended up posing a danger to him and the 44(?) if he freed them too soon and then he started getting help from the Mt. Weather rebels. Now that everything is coming to a head, and Cage and his henchmen are getting desperate, letting them out to fight would most likely be a necessity.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Maybe..
                    And the fact its off land, maybe why they survived so long.. BUT i really wish they would show us a map for once, of where everything is!
                    A map would be nice lol, or even adding some more old road signs or recognizable landmarks on the show would do. There looks to be a bit of a map type thing during the opening, but I can't really tell what most of it is because it's pretty quick and I forget to pay close attention lol.
                    sigpic

Comment

While Clarke is not the "official" leader of anything, both Kane and Abby have acknowledged that for practical intents and purposes, she is leading the Sky People. There have been several references to being led by a child by Kane and others in previous episodes.

Clarke doesn't want the pomp & circumstance or even care if she has a title or not, she just wants to save her people. I rather like those qualities in a leader.

I really don't think they'll kill Lexa off, otherwise they wouldn't have done the kiss, indicating the start of a shipping thing 'tween Lexa & Clarke.

Comment

Right, but Abby's still Chancellor and everyone else is going along with what Clarke wants because, Abby, at first, allowed it since she agreed and she also didn't want to upset/ disappoint Clarke anymore than she already had. Then she really didn't have much of a choice because Lexa took a liking to Clarke and only wanted to deal with her (before the whole thing with Finn, Lexa seemed willing to deal with Kane), and then Lexa gave Clarke bodyguards.

During the coup episode, when Abby tried to stop Clarke, the Camp Jaha guards were following Abby's orders to stop her, but Clarke had the Grounder guards that Lexa put under her command. Abby had to choose between shooting and/or imprisoning her daughter and the Grounders, which wouldn't have went over well with Lexa, or telling the guards to stand down and allow Clarke to do what she wanted. The guards were following what Abby wanted the whole time. Lexa gave Clarke the Grounder bodyguards so that the Ark people would be more likely to do what Clarke wanted (because she trusted and liked Clarke).

Everyone at Camp Jaha isn't following Clarke because she's they think she's a good leader and they really like her (like with Lexa), but because they didn't really have much of a choice (and actually, they're pretty much following Abby who didn't really have much of a choice after a certain point if they wanted to maintain the alliance with Grounders). Just like Clarke didn't really have much of a choice in "leading" them because she was only doing what she thought she needed to do to save her friends in Mt. Weather. So, in my opinion, even if she did disappoint them (the people at Camp Jaha who barely know her) by not warning the grounder village, or even if she fails at Mt. Weather, I don't think that it would really affect her actual/official position in Camp Jaha that much (I think, at most, it could affect any future political aspirations that she might have). I think her decisions would mostly affect her friendships.

I don't want Lexa to die, so I would hope that they didn't just add that one kiss in solely to stir up shipper factions or because they thought it would be provocative for other reasons, and don't have any intention of doing anything else with it because they plan in killing Lexa. But you really never know.
                        Last edited by VampyreWraith; 27 February 2015, 05:55 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Considering Inrda's response to Octavia when she mentioned Clarke/Lexa knowing about the bombing, the rest of the grounders might also feel that it's just a part of war. Clarke will probably have to deal with the rest of her own people at some point though. How many are they trying to save in the mountain? 40 or so kids and I don't know how many captured grounders....?

Comment

Considering Inrda's response to Octavia when she mentioned Clarke/Lexa knowing about the bombing, the rest of the grounders might also feel that it's just a part of war. Clarke will probably have to deal with the rest of her own people at some point though. How many are they trying to save in the mountain? 40 or so kids and I don't know how many captured grounders....?
                            I agree; Clarke's people will likely give her far more heat than Lexa will get from her people; the grounders have been born & raised as warriors.

But the threat of the Mountain Men is far wider than just to the people they hold captive now. Given the mindset of those that run the Mountain, that they are entitled to live at the cost of other Human's lives, they are also a threat to the remainder of the Ark people and the Grounders. Even if they don't need more marrow or blood to cure themselves, that sort would think nothing of capturing the remaining people and keeping them for future experiments, breeding, or even food. The current attack against them is the best chance for survival for both the Ark survivors and the Grounders.

Comment

I'm sure some of the Grounders (maybe even a lot of them) would feel the same as Indra, especially if they get their vengeance on Mt. Weather, but I don't think Lexa would be willing to kill anyone who knew (like Octavia) if their wasn't a the real possibility of people being upset about what happened and breaking apart the Grounder clans alliance. I suppose that Lexa could also claim that Clarke never actually warned her about the missile to avoid the Grounder alliance from breaking apart, so that it would only cause problems for the Grounder/Sky People alliance.

The people at Camp Jaha probably don't really care much (on a personal level) about the Grounder village or the Grounders that died. Kane is still alive, and if he dies, they might blame Clarke for not getting him out, but since Clarke wasn't officially in charge they could blame Abby too, since Clarke is her daughter and she didn't reign her in sooner. They (I think Murphy or someone mentioned a council) pardoned Murphy and Finn for their crimes, so I don't think that they would actually do anything to bad to Clarke. It's not like she decided not to warn anyone out of malice.

Pretty much the same thing goes for whatever happens at Mt Weather. I don't mean that people at Camp Jaha wouldn't be upset with Clarke (anyone who had a kid in Mt. Weather might be upset if their child dies). Most of them probably won't want to listen to what she has to say in the future if things go bad, and the kids die at Mt. Weather or if they end up at war with the Grounders again. I was replying to a statement regarding people on both sides losing confidence in Lexa and Clarke over the missile strike, and as a result, they lose the ability to lead their people. Clarke never really had the confidence or the right to lead the people at Camp Jaha, so she can't lose something that she never had. The only people who had real faith in her abilities to lead are the kids trapped in Mt. Weather, Bellamy, and Raven (her friends) and maybe Kane and her mom (at least until she wanted to torture the Mt. Weather captive, but she seemed ok with Clarke to understood her reasoning when they said goodbye). If people at Camp Jaha decide to take issue with whatever happens, Abby is the one who people would lose confidence in and lose the ability to lead her people as a result, because she was the one officially in charge.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X