Default So I'm watching this for the first time and I am in the middle of season 5...

I have a serious question. Unless he somehow survives the season I honestly cannot see any credible threat that can come after Lucifer of all people.

So what I am asking is, does Supernatural keep the threats...idk...actually threatening after this season and therefore worth watching, or is it only worth watching to see them hunt down monsters week in and week out.

I ask because I am invested in this show really only for the arching plots, not the monster of the week episodes, if that makes sense.

Default Re: So I'm watching this for the first time and I am in the middle of season 5...

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    I have a serious question. Unless he somehow survives the season I honestly cannot see any credible threat that can come after Lucifer of all people.

So what I am asking is, does Supernatural keep the threats...idk...actually threatening after this season and therefore worth watching, or is it only worth watching to see them hunt down monsters week in and week out.

I ask because I am invested in this show really only for the arching plots, not the monster of the week episodes, if that makes sense.
    Season 6 and 7 are a bit more monster of the week, and yes the threats don't... SEEM as great as Lucifer. But it does pick up again and a lot of it has to do with the anarchy and confusion that occurs from the Winchester's actions in season 5.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Default Re: So I'm watching this for the first time and I am in the middle of season 5...

While season's 6 and 7 are monster of the week seasons they are not without their archs. I'd go into it more but I don't want to spoil anything for you Gen. Chris.

Sig by ME.

Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

Keep watching, there is still so much more to come

Chief Master Sergeant RunnerRonon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
    Keep watching, there is still so much more to come
    I think this pretty much sums it up. Whether you will think new enemies are more threatening, less threatening, or as threatening, either way, there are still plenty of great episodes ahead of you!