Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Doctor Who stuff and nonsense.

Things the Doctor would never say on TV

1. If I ever have to see Rose Tyler again I will poke my eyes out.
    2. Free TARDIS rides
    3. I think I'd like to be a cyberman for a day
    4 What a cute little Dalek? Cootchie, cootchie coo
    5. I'm tired of being the Doctor, tommorrow I'm The Punisher
    6. His real name, at which point the universe burns

Frequently the Doctor has gotten annoyed with earthlings. #9 said "you stupid apes" a number of times.

What I would love to see for one episode is the Doctor completely lose it with Earth and burn it to the ground....... And in the next episode or two have some self examination and undo what he has done mostly. Without the companion trying to make him feel guilty.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

I think I can imagine 2, 3 and 4 in some situations...

as far as "burning the Earth" goes, I can imagine the Twelfth Doctor going a little evil to get Gallifrey back, like trying to solve the Skasis Paradigm and having to fight UNIT and Clara to do it.

Anyone have any hopes for the New Who 10th anniversary? Personally, I don't think they're gonna have another multi-Doctor story(although you never know... The Two Doctors came out only two years after the 20th anniversary), but I would like to have some kind of a celebration, like have them reveal the Twelfth Doctor being involved in the Auton invasion of 2005(if it hasn't been erased).
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Mmm... totally non-NuWho related - but speaking of Autons... Spearhead from Space is the only classic WHO that could readily be used for a Tribbles-like mix of old and new, as it was entirely recorded on film (and hence, the only Classic on BluRay). Be an interesting story to try and weave another story into... (Ok, maybe not, but the possibility...!) Oh - Or - if Universal released the footage - the 1996 telemovie... which may or may not also in fact be widescreen.

As for burning the Earth... Nah, I'm sick of reset buttons. And, I'd only want to see an actual Dark Doctor if it were from external influence, or the return of the Valeyard.
      Last edited by cosmichobo; 16 February 2015, 11:25 PM.
      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
      and lots more!

Comment

I'd like to see the creation of the Valeyard and an explanation for how he was able to go back to Gallifrey.

Maybe an adventure in the Sixth Doctor era Gallifrey...
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

All this Galifrey stuff only happened with the 9th Doctor prior to that you could visit it at any time...... It's like they didn't want Galifrey in the who universe any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            All this Galifrey stuff only happened with the 9th Doctor prior to that you could visit it at any time...... It's like they didn't want Galifrey in the who universe any more.
            That's because they didn't want the Doctor going to "Alien" Planets.
            I like Sharky
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
              That's because they didn't want the Doctor going to "Alien" Planets.

Huh?

That is his homeworld....... Yet later on they do visit alien planets. That makes no sense haha.

Comment

Huh?

That is his homeworld....... Yet later on they do visit alien planets. That makes no sense haha.
                At first they didn't. Cause the feeling they said was "It would have looked Fake" which in reality translates to " We are cheap Bastards"

They did "kind of" change their rule on it, but even know. Since the show as been back they have only left the Earth a handful of times and most of the "Alien Planets" weren't really Alien Planets but Human Colonized worlds.

They have only ever been to one really Alien World and that was the one with the little girls singing the bad god thing back to sleep or whatever.
                I like Sharky
                sigpic

Comment

At first they didn't. Cause the feeling they said was "It would have looked Fake" which in reality translates to " We are cheap Bastards"

They did "kind of" change their rule on it, but even know. Since the show as been back they have only left the Earth a handful of times and most of the "Alien Planets" weren't really Alien Planets but Human Colonized worlds.

They have only ever been to one really Alien World and that was the one with the little girls singing the bad god thing back to sleep or whatever.

Which episode was that?

Comment

Also, the Ood Sphere. It was taken over by humans, but it was still an alien world. He visited it later as well, when it was just the Ood.

Comment

Which episode was that?
                      The Rings Of Akhaten

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                        The Rings Of Akhaten
                        Oh that one..... I had all but forgotten it till I read your post.

Still not as bad as "Kill The Moon"

Comment

"They" (RTD? Moffat?) have said that they wanted to avoid doing alien worlds if it just meant going and filming in a quarry somewhere... They wanted to do it justice.

Frankly, plenty of us think that's a load of baloney... TV SciFi has done plenty of good alien worlds, Doctor Who included - even the classic era! Ok, to make it "acceptable" to modern standards, perhaps it is a budget leach... but still they could do a lot more than what they do.

THAT said... I don't think Gallifrey's destruction in the Time War fell into that category. Can't remember off hand what has been said about why they chose to destroy the Time Lords... but I think it was basically about making him "the last" of his kind...
                          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                          and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                            Also, the Ood Sphere. It was taken over by humans, but it was still an alien world. He visited it later as well, when it was just the Ood.
                            I always get the impression that the only reason they used the Ood again was because of the raw deal they got in their first appearance. Especailly when Tennant gave that line "Couldn't save the Ood but Oh Well." ..more or less.
                            Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                            "They" (RTD? Moffat?) have said that they wanted to avoid doing alien worlds if it just meant going and filming in a quarry somewhere... They wanted to do it justice.

Frankly, plenty of us think that's a load of baloney... TV SciFi has done plenty of good alien worlds, Doctor Who included - even the classic era! Ok, to make it "acceptable" to modern standards, perhaps it is a budget leach... but still they could do a lot more than what they do.

THAT said... I don't think Gallifrey's destruction in the Time War fell into that category. Can't remember off hand what has been said about why they chose to destroy the Time Lords... but I think it was basically about making him "the last" of his kind...
                            Yes. Because if the Alien Planet doesn't look like Southern California the fans will never believe it.
                            I like Sharky
                            sigpic

Comment

Anyone remember Survival? The Planet of the Cheetah People still looks amazing, and that was done in 1989!
                              Or Skaro or Marinus?

Comment

Working...
                              X