• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftershocks (211)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON TWO
    AFTERSHOCKS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 211
    Rayna and Skye both struggle with their transformations, with Skye fearing her friends will turn against her. Meanwhile, Coulson uses a Hydra asset to strike at the head of the shadowy organization, and the team struggles with losing one of their own.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 03 March 2015, 09:18 PM.

I loved the "flash back" showing Skye's mother counciling that kid with the no eye issue. Though i wonder who were all the others there?
    Loved the twist they played on white-halls #2.

The argument they had with one another mid ep was well played out, and imo deserving, with what all has happened up to now.

Fitz switching the blood samples so they didn't freak out on Skye was rather touching, especially since she did so much for fitz right after he had his injury.

I loved rana's new look.

Comment

Wonder who Bobby and Mack are working for...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        I was curious about that as well, but I don't think we're looking at another Ward situation. I really think this was confirmed by the fact that Palicki has been hired as a series regular. I am sure they are reporting to Fury or something.

I can't say I loved this episode, but I did really enjoy parts of it. Very disappointed that Fred Dryer didn't make it. I really liked the new Hydra gang and then POW! Oh well.

WHY DOES HUNTER STAY AROUND ?!?!?!?! If Palicki is staying then he has GOT to GO ! ! ! I say that because I can stand her far more than him and together they are just awful. I really don't like those scenes.

Anyway I don't know what I expected in this episode, but I felt a bit let down when it was over. I will say that I do enjoy the twist on Simmons new attitude because she seems the least likely to take such a stance. Would have loved to see them deal with her learning of Skye's changes. I know they will eventually have to cover it, so there is that to look forward to.

Comment

I really liked this episode overall.

I also loved the flashback with Skye's mother.

I kind of felt bad for Raina.

I kind of love both Hunter and Bobbi individually, but I find them kind of annoying when they're together. Mac is the one I really don't like much.

Fitz supporting Skye after his initial freak-out was great. I really liked seeing him being a good friend by trying to comfort her and help her out.

I'm not really fond of Simmons new attitude, but I guess I understand it. She was close with Triplett it's really affecting her. I wonder how she will react when she finds out about Skye. Skye is her friend too.

I miss Triplett I actually really liked him. I wish he hadn't died.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
            I am thinking Fury on the "Down low"..

Comment

I loved this episode. I will try not to write a novel about it (though I probably could). In no particular order:

There were wonderful parallels throughout the story and great use of voiceovers over images/montages.
              --Jiaying (Skye's mom) and Gordon at the beginning mirror Gordon and Raina at the end, "It's okay, Beautiful. I'll show you the way." (Don't ask me why, but what little I've seen of Gordon - no-eyed man - I really like him a lot.)
              --Jiaying and Yatsen (the older Chinese man she was speaking with) talk about how fortunate the young people are to have her warmth in guiding them through their transformations, and how they'd be lost without her. We hear those words and see Skye sitting in isolation.
              --May talks to Skye about how Coulson has taken Tripp's death hard. She explains how Tripp was the embodiment of what SHIELD stands for and we watch Coulson bring Tripp's effects (including his grandfather's Howling Commando stuff) to Tripp's mother.
              --Bakshi says to Bloom, "There's a man out there begging to die" (referring to Hunter who he thinks is working for the other Hydra heads) and we hear those words while seeing Raina about to step into traffic.
              --Fitz empathizing with Mack and how it felt to be out of control and hurting people. And Fitz helping Skye, telling her that she's different now and it's OK.
              --Skye never wanted to transform, but she did. She is hiding it from everyone (except Fitz now), but she is terrified. Raina has been preparing for the transformation and looking forward to it her whole life, but now she is horrified and disappointed. However, another Inhuman (Gordon) has come to help guide her. Ironically, Gordon was helped by Skye's own mother...while Skye has no one to help her.

Jemma's reaction may have seemed a bit out of character, but to play devil's advocate I will say that Jemma is only focused on how dangerous the obelisk and all things alien have been so far. She doesn't seem to be entertaining any real notion that Skye has been transformed like Raina, so she doesn't see that everything she is saying about eradicating this possible plague is really killing Skye. At worst Jemma is worried that Skye may be carrying something of this alien virus or plague inside her and it could spread to others. (Remember - Skye didn't react to the GH-325 the same way Coulson and Garrett did. Perhaps Jemma thinks Skye may be reacting differently to the obelisk mist but it could still be dangerous to others.) I will be very shocked if Jemma is still totally anti-transformation once she finds out that Skye has changed. I just can't imagine her turning her back on Skye.

The huge fake-out in order to take down Hydra was AWESOME! When I saw the promo I figured it wasn't real somehow - like it was some kind of planted scenario or something. They weren't going to hit Coulson AND May with a huge truck!!! And something felt a bit off as they were talking about Whitehall being dead and Bakshi's possible importance in front of him. But then the truck hit, the gunfight began. Even May getting shot was shocking but plausible. She's such a badass - she'd survive a gunshot. And Coulson's, "Noooo!" seemed very realistic. But his, "They'll never take us alive!" and getting shot was where you knew it was faked. And it made more sense that Coulson told May to say those things, "That's what it means. It means I'm going to do that." But even more than all that, having Hunter pretend he was going to kill Bakshi (and Bloom - the man he was talking to) in order to make it appear the other Hydra heads wanted to cross them off was brilliant. Hunter shot Bloom, but the other Hydra heads were killed by Hydra operatives. Dr. List seems to be the only one left (along with the mentioned von Strucker).

Love Cal. It will be great to see what kind of trouble he is going to stir up for SHIELD and if he will succeed in getting Skye to come to him and believe she needs him.

I don't believe that Bobbi and Mack are evil. I think they are part of some side organization - Fury? Hill (and by extension Stark since she works for him)? Some other group from the comics that I'm not aware of? I'm pretty sure they aren't Hydra or aligned with any known baddies.

The Bobbi/Mack mystery is somewhat interesting, but the Bobbi/Lance love story is not interesting to me at all. There were some funny moments in the first half of season two with their bickering, but I kind of want them to leave it alone now.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head after a couple of viewings.

I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE REST OF THIS SEASON!!!
              sigpic
              Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Working...
              X