• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Distance (511)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON FIVE
    THE DISTANCE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 511
    A seemingly friendly stranger named Aaron approaches the group with the promise of a safe community, prompting a risky mission to try and verify his story.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 24 February 2015, 09:46 PM.

This was great! I really felt Rick's apprehension and his unwillingness to trust Aaron. I found it ironic that Aaron admitting to watching/listening to the group for so long makes them trust him even less, but they would of done the same thing to make sure the group were "good" before approaching them. When they were in the car and Michonne noticed no people in the pictures and asked if they asked him the 3 questions yet I really felt the fear kick up. I loved the way they drove through the walkers with the increasing guck on the windows and how scary and disorientating it would of been, the flare to the head was pretty good too. How polarizing to see Rick with the baby on one hip and a gun in the other, he's looking so feral. Can't wait until next week.

Comment

I really liked this episode a lot. I also completely understood Rick's fear that Aaron was going to lead them into some sort of a trap. I think the episode did a really good job at keeping things tense and creepy, even in the scenes that had nothing to do with Walkers (the Walker scenes actually may have been the least tense part of this episode for me lol). Aaron was so nice/friendly that it came off as creepy to me in that environment and with everything that they've been through. The music also added to the creepy/unsettling vibe of the episode for me (even though it could have seemed like nice, normal sounding music in another setting). When Aaron was saying that his group's greatest commodity was people, I couldn't help but think of Terminus, and how people were a commodity to them, and all of the other really bad ways that people could be a commodity to Aaron's group. Aaron seems nice, but I so don't blame Rick for being really cautious and distrusting.

I also can't wait until next week.
      sigpic

Comment

So... what horrors are being these gates...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
          So... what horrors are being these gates...
          as with all the rest of the communities they have come across, I think there is some funny business going on, though it might not be known to the general public, maybe just a couple of people doing bad things, I wonder if rick will be asked to be a cop again, maybe sheriff, all in all I do hope rick convinces the leaders to strengthen the walls even further, because there is no such thing as walls that are too thick.

now that they are in " Washington" I wonder if they are going to come across someone from the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID). it is in Frederick, MD, if there was another place in the country still working in a cure, like jenner was at the cdc, then this place would be it.

but if this place falls, then there are 3 other places that might be secure, one is the presidential bunker in the white house, the other is The Greenbrier hotel, there is an abandoned bunker there that was supposed to secure congress in the event of a nuclear attack;

http://www.greenbrier.com/Activities/The-Bunker.aspx

the third, well, it is far away, but it is secure, The United States Bullion Depository, often known as Fort Knox

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...ion_Depository

Last edited by epg20; 25 February 2015, 08:14 PM.

Comment

I hope it's just some people doing bad things, and not everyone (like in Terminus) or the people running the place (like Woodbury and that hospital that Beth was stuck in).
            sigpic

Comment

I liked the episode but thought they should have left the zombies out on this one. Whatever the new place is I think it will be different from all the other places. I don't think they are in any danger except from Rick doing something crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                When Aaron was saying that his group's greatest commodity was people, I couldn't help but think of Terminus, and how people were a commodity to them, and all of the other really bad ways that people could be a commodity to Aaron's group.
                Yes! I suspect that line was written to evoke exactly the reaction we had.

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                I don't think they are in any danger except from Rick doing something crazy.
                Wouldn't that be the irony of ironies? They find a decent place, but Rick is so far gone that he can't accept it's true.

If it's a good place, with good people, then I figure our group will be allowed to regain their strength and just begin to get comfortable. After that...

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post

Wouldn't that be the irony of ironies? They find a decent place, but Rick is so far gone that he can't accept it's true.

If it's a good place, with good people, then I figure our group will be allowed to regain their strength and just begin to get comfortable. After that...

ahh, that is the big question, after that, then what, I keep thinking of that helicopter pilot at wood berry he said that the walls held, but someone got infected and then things went to hell, or something like that, so that makes me think that some thing like that might happen, ...or... who knows.

Comment

I was just waiting for Ric to say - "The last people that welcomed us tried to eat us"... And/or - "See this knife? I told the last person who threatened my family that I would use it to kill him. Do not threaten my family."

Great episode. Yes, Aaron was truly creepy, and yet, totally not creepy, depending on how you looked at him. It wasn't until I saw him with his partner that I really started to trust him... To let your guard down that much... Just painted him in a very honest light.

That said of course, there's got to be a secret... I was wondering if the camp would in fact basically be empty, and that's why he's so desperate to find people... But at the end, it sounded like there's a fair number of people/children playing... But yes - odd that there was no people in the photos...

And in the car, when he started to freak out, I thought there was "more" going on...

About 10 years ago I went on a 3,500km road trip. Looked something like this:

At one point I could see there was a bird flying right next to the car... After a minute or so, I thought - gee, that bird's doing really well considering I'm travelling at around 130km... Mm, not giving up is it... Still flapping away... Flapping... in the... wind...

Stopped the car... the bird remained next to the car... right next to the headlight... Got out, had a look... the bird was dead... and half stuck in the headlight enclosure...

Standing there by the side of the road, rather squeamishly trying to scrape bird bits off with a stick...

So, you see, I can sympathise with Michonne, pulling all those arms out of the radiator...
                    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                    and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                    X