No announcement yet.

Sense8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched the final episode all I can say is wow this has to get a second season

Comment

Yeah it does, we cant have Scott/Will finishing off yet another show asleep waiting for another season lol...

Comment

I find it a little worrying that Netflix hasn't renewed it yet.

Comment

Season Two on the way.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/8/912...enewed-netflix

Comment

Originally posted by ecgordon View Post
            good news!

Comment

Great news, something good to watch again!

Comment

I heard JMS is trying to finish the Season Two right now.

Comment

WOW! Sorry I had to hunt this thread down. I figured someone would be talking about that crazy "Christmas Special". Well it was crazy, but I loved it. I am surprised I am saying that because there are aspects of it that genuinely annoyed me, but I still can't wait until Season Two goes up MAY 5TH.

Am I the only person watching this show? I know it has been a long time since Season One ended, but Season Two is finally on the way.

Comment

I'm still watching, but I had forgotten the series existed until your post.

Still not sure about the series, it has story but we have little context, like this evil lot that are after them, are they wanting to prevent human evolution or exploit the "gift" for gain? This Xmas episode moves the story no further forward than the last episode other than some small tidbits, but it was funny at times, there was one particular scene that had me in stitches, pretty sure you can guess which one it was....

Comment

I liked the special for the most part. I could have done without the orgy scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                        I liked the special for the most part. I could have done without the orgy scene.
                        I couldn't agree more. I feel like those scenes have become unnecessary to drive the story of the series, but I also feel like they threw it in because they viewed this as possibly a series relaunch because so much time has passed since Season One and those scenes were a pretty big part of Season One. I really wonder if Season Two is going to continue to rely on them.

Comment

Probably, remember who makes the series, their stated goal for it was to break taboo and fight prejudice, tbh when you strip away the sex, there isn't much story to fill a few regular episodes let alone two series.

Comment

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it looks like this thread died until now. I can't believe Season Two got zero discussion, but I guess I only have myself to blame. So Season Two came and went and the series was canceled. After a short period of fan outrage Netflix agreed to do a two hour Series Finale. Well.....

SENSE 8 SERIES FINALE WENT UP ON NETFLIX TODAY, JUNE 8, 2018!!!!!

The Finale ended up being two and a half hours long. Netflix has it listed as Season 2 Episode 12. IMDB lists it as Season Three. Just thought I should point that out so there is no confusion.

And it appears J. Michael Straczynski did not have anything to do with the writing of the finale. I'm not really sure JMS had much involvement with the show after Season One. He was still involved. but it seems like he wasn't as heavily involved as he was in Season One. Of course when they were getting the Christmas Special and Season Two done he was dealing with some health issues, so that is likely a big part of it. I thought he might play a bigger role in this finale, but he was only listed in the Producing/Creator Credits. Not that Producers don't do many things; just that JMS is primarily a writer and he isn't in the writing credits.

Comment

Okay so I watched it and I have to say it was about as amazing as it could possibly be given the time constraints and them having to wrap up soooo many plot threads. I so wish there was more time and that they hadn't had to rush things, but I think they did an amazing job getting it all done. I was VERY entertained and a little depressed throughout the whole two and a half hour process. Soooo many great moments and lines.

And updating what I said earlier, IMDB has changed the designation to Season 2 Episode 12 from Season 3 that they had earlier.

Comment

It had good and bad moments. I was very happy to see everyone again as I started to care about this characters. And they managed to call back even the secondary supporting characters as well! Well done.

On the other hand... the story was not so exciting or interesting. I believe it was a bit crowded and everybody expected way too easy to existense of the sensates. And basically they picked up someone here and there, so that is what happened 4-5-6-7 times.

I couldn't really understand the motivations of Lila. What did she want with Whispers? Maybe I have skipped some key informations.

I was not really happy how many people they have murdered (by Lila in France, by Wolfgand in the BPO, by Jonas at the explosion and by the whole cluster in Napoly. The body count was way too high and I am pretty sure not every Italian maffiozo or BPO workers were evil.

The sex scene was completly unnecessarry in the last 5 minutes and it couldn't really shock me after season 1 or season 2. Kala sandwich? That was the end of her storyline that she was not capable of choosing? And it was a bit disappointing that the final scene ended with an used dildo on the bed ... Meh.

But I am very happy that this 3 episode long movie happened. I will miss them and the message of this series. I have never seen so many locations in one tv show. So well done Netflix and Lana, thank you.
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X