Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M.A.S.H - Discussions and everything else...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking about doing a Hawkeye Pierce cosplay for warm weather conventions next year.

I can use the BDU trousers from my Battlestar Galactica gear, my old dog-tags from my SG gear, I've got a Hawaiian shirt that's a close match, and a straw hat that's good enough for the time being.

All I really need to buy is a M*A*S*H 4077th t-shirt, a toy stethoscope, and maybe a plastic martini glass.

What do you guys think?
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Go for it!
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

I will.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

For anyone who gets the MeTV channel, the ending episode 'Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen' is being shown tomorrow on Veteran's Day at 6 pm Central Daylight Time. They're also showing interviews from some of the cast and crew as well. I'm recording it to watch later. Can't wait!
          Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
          (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Just for future reference, does anybody know the details of Hawkeye's dogtags?

I know the ones Alan Alda wore on the show belonged to a real Korean war veteran.
            sigpic

Comment

BruTak, I'm part of a group on Facebook all about M*A*S*H, and this is what they told me about his dogtags and boots...

Alda discussed the boots and dog tags in “Memories of M*A*S*H,” a retrospective originally broadcast in November of 1991: “At a certain point I never had to think about it. I just felt I was him as soon as I put the clothes on. I loved those boots. I think Laurence Olivier said something about a character starting with the shoes. And they gave me a pair of boots that had been worn in the army by somebody. They just felt perfect. And I wore them no matter how shredded they got. I wore them all the way through for eleven years ’cause without those boots I didn’t feel like the guy. And I took them home with me. That was I think the only thing I took home with me. That and the dog tags which I wore every day. They were real dog tags from two real guys. Hercey Davenport and Morris D. Levine [actual spelling unknown].”

Comment

I've found this straw hat on eBay, and to my eyes it's a pretty close match to Hawkeye's.
                [s-l1600.jpg

What do you guys think?
                sigpic

Comment

I did a thing.
                  20200117_121150.jpg
                  sigpic

Comment

Looks good.
                    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Lookin' good!

You know, I'm part of a Facebook group about M*A*S*H, and many of the members talk about how they hate the episode Dreams. What do you all think?

Comment

Well, A: They're wrong, and B: They're still wrong.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing Mr. Alan Alda many happy returns on the occasion of his 84th birthday.
                          sigpic

Comment

Gene Reynolds, co-creator of the M*A*S*H TV show has died aged 96.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/gen...kQ0tktQYGj3SNA
                            sigpic

Comment

Kellye Nakahara (Nurse Kellye) has died aged 72.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...-at-72-1279682
                              sigpic

Comment

sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X