Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M.A.S.H - Discussions and everything else...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched M.A.S.H. many years ago and I really liked it. Would like to watch it again and I'm thinking about buying the DVDs - maybe for Christmas. The German translation was good, would like to know if the original is even better.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Comment

I have a MASH question that is starting to drive me nuts.

I'm looking for a MASH episode in which the story line involves a doctor who comes to the 4077 and does surgery for a time. However, it turns out the doctor is an imposter. That is he never went to medical school. He is just sort of a self taught genius who likes trying different kinds of work.

I have been going through all the episodes in Netflix. For the life of me I can't find it. As I said, its starting to gnaw at me. I'm starting to question if the episode even existed. Yet I can still remember vividly a couple scenes from the episodes when I watched the show many years back. So my sanity is starting to be at stake here.

btw, Netflix as I type this has every season available. So it should be there.

Thanks in advance for responding to this post. I'm hoping there is an avid MASH fan base out there that keeps this thread alive. I see the last post in this thread was a long time ago

Comment

That sounds like the story for the movie The Great Impostor.

And further research has lead to Dear Dad Again Season 1 Episode 18 as the one you're looking for. The writers of MASH did use the story of Ferdinand Waldo Demara who was the inspiration for the above movie as the basis for this episode.
        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
          That sounds like the story for the movie The Great Impostor.

And further research has lead to Dear Dad Again Season 1 Episode 18 as the one you're looking for. The writers of MASH did use the story of Ferdinand Waldo Demara who was the inspiration for the above movie as the basis for this episode.
          Thank You!!! S1 E18 was it. I guess I had somehow done a fast forward through the episode and missed it. Nor had I read the synopsis. Thanks again.

Comment

There is a tumblr that takes stills from M.A.S.H. & captions with post from texts from last night (they have podcast talking about the show too). First: there is adult language & themes. Second: I apologize if you waste at least an hour there.

Comment

Thanks! I'll have to check it out.
              Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
              (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

TVLand brought back M*A*S*H to their lineup. Yeah! They had a two-day marathon last Thursday. It was great!

Comment

AMC has been running marathons early Sunday mornings of late as well.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Coolie!

Comment

Today is the anniversery of the airing of the finale for this show, "Goodbye, Farewell and Amen", 2/28/1983.
                      It was one of the most watched shows in history, with over 75% of the viewing audience.

Comment

Didn't know that, Annoyed. Interesting!

Comment

Did you know that in one of the reunion shows, Alan Alda said that the boots he wore for all 11 seasons were really from a Korean War vet that had worn them in the War. I thought that was interesting!

Comment

I think maybe I heard that somewhere.

Comment

Ooh, a M*A*S*H thread!

I've got all 11 seasons, plus the original movie, on DVD. They're just the thing to cheer me up and make me laugh if I'm feeling a bit down.

It's a fantastic show. Even now, over 40 years later, the writing is still pin sharp.

Favourite moments? Too many to count...

But in particular - season 2, ep. 20, "As You Were". The scene where Hawkeye and Trapper are playing cards while wearing gorilla costumes. Frank walks in, takes one look, and walks back out again.

Season 4, ep. 11, "Dear Peggy". Hawkeye teaching English to some of the local Koreans - "Frank Burns eats worms..."
                              sigpic
                              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

ROFL! Too funny! Glad to see you, BruTak! I think a couple of my fave moments were this one from the episode OR...

Sidney: "Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

And this one from Season 4 the episode The More I see You...

Hawkeye: Bored.
                                BJ: So bored.
                                Hawkeye: So bored, it's boring.
                                BJ: Boring-a-ding-ding.
                                Hawkeye: Boronus, boreetus, boreemus.
                                I came, I saw, I bored.
                                BJ: He bored, she bored, they bored.
                                Hawkeye: All aboard.
                                BJ: I was gonna say that!
                                Hawkeye: Sure.