Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M.A.S.H - Discussions and everything else...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    i think my only issue with mash was hawkeye cracking up in the end. it felt a bit of a let down to have him go bonkers. Yes, he did come back from it and he recovered, but you kinda felt that he'd broken and i always thought that he was stronger than that
    Yeah it was a bit different but then again, I think it was used to show that given long enough, anyone can crack in the midst of a war.

I always got the impression from Hawkeye that he used his jokes and humour to distract himself from the war and it's atrocities, there were even a few time (especially in his 'Dear Dad...' episodes) where I thought he was gonna crack, well b4 the series finale.

When Hawkeye was finally confronted with the horror of a child being sacrificed so they could survive, he just couldn't take it, couldn't distract himself from it, so his mind blocked it out.
    Meh.

Comment

I LOVE M*A*S*H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like Hawkeye, but I am partial to Radar! What a sweet, nerdy, huggable guy!
      This show is timeless and I watch it whenever it comes on!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen is still the best series finale in a televison show
        and is still to this day the most watched series finale ever, and i actually i think maybe the most watched episode of tv ever.

Comment

Am I the only one who thought Klinger was a better Company Clerk than Radar
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

In answer to your first question, I LOVE MASH!!! And I noticed that your avatar is Pierce and I love his character! I'll probably drown you in a torrent of words but you must remember that I have been watching M*A*S*H reruns for 6 or 7 years or more and have seen the whole series many MANY times. I am thinking about buying the series on DVD.

Fave seasons: the best seasons were all those from 5 or 6 onwards. The last season (11 i think) was really good.
            Fave eps: SO MANY!!! Hmmm, off the top of my head.
            1)the ep when Blake leaves so sad.
            2)The ep where Pierce's dad is having surgery - the bonding with him and CHarles *teary*
            3)The ep where Pierce yells at Radar - I was on Pierce's side personally.
            4)Every single ep where there are pranks of any kind!
            5)The ep where CHarles helps the kid that stutters
            6)The ep where Klinger and BJ are sad coz of Radar - that was on today and I was crying unashamedly.

This is a great show!

Still watch the re-runs at 5 o'clock here in Aus!
            Me too! I love it! We always make a date (my family and I) to sit down and watch it at the end of the day. We all were really annoyed when they cut it out for the Pope - Honestly! All they did was talk about how fast the pope was going and we saw the Pope wave 20 million times - with no exaggeration!!! well, maybe a little.

Am I the only one who thought Klinger was a better Company Clerk than Radar
            Definitely not the only one! Klinger is the best and can do anything and everything! He has such darling puppy dog eyes and his nose is soooo cute!! He is always kind and genuine and is one of the best characters on M*A*S*H.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jelgate
            Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen is still the best series finale in a televison show

and is still to this day the most watched series finale ever, and i actually i think maybe the most watched episode of tv ever.
            Yeah! You have all probably heard this, but in the ad breaks of the finale, all the toilets flushing in America (I think it was America) almost overloaded the sewage system!
            "Wøøf!"

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
              Col. Potter: I said fire that weapon.
              Hawkeye: All right. (To the gun) You're fired. (To Potter) I did it as gently as I could.
              I love that scene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish I knew what ep it was from.

I also love the ep where they all dream aboaut the war and what kind of an effect it has on their lives. Meaning, no matter what they do it(the war) will always be there, always be a part of their lives; something that they'll never forget.

Margret dreamt of getting married. There she was in a wedding gown sitting on a bed(which was out in the middle of nowhere)watching a man, her fiance? walk towards her. All of a sudden there's a bloody soldier sprawled across the bed and her gown is covered in blood as well.(my memory is a bit fuzzy on some parts, just so you know)

Hawkeye dreamt that he had no arms, well, actually he dreamt that his arms were real one minute and fake the next. Then his arms are taken away from him one at a time. He doesn't realise that they are fake until they are taken away from him. Next thing he knows he's in a rowboat but can't row because he has no arms. He is stuck, maybe it means he thinks he's going nowhere, can't get away from the war? I could be wrong.(never was good at reading into things)

Charles dreamt that he was a magician. At first everything was going fine, everyone was enjoying his magic tricks then it all went to hell. Nothing he did was good anymore, people were frowning and angry, he was sweating and trying really hard to be good, to do good. Maybe he thinks that when he performs surgery he's performing magic, he thinks he's that good - What am I saying? Of course he thinks he's that good! Or maybe he fears that he won't be as good a surgeon at home as was during the war?

BJ dreamt that he was back home dancing with Peg. One minute he's dancing in his living room the next he's waltzing right into the mash O.R complete with injured soldier on the operating table. I think he looks apologetically back at Peg before starting to operate. Not sure about this one.

I can't remember Klingers dream or if Potter dreamt at all. Sorry.

Or maybe it was supposed to tell us that they can't escape the war even in there dreams/sleep.

okay, I'm done now...for now.
              Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 25 July 2008, 05:51 PM.
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                I love that scene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish I knew what ep it was from.
                The Ep is called "Hawkeye Get Your Gun" I lvoe it too
                Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Love isn't strong enough a word to express my feelings for that ep!
                  "Wøøf!"

Comment

Coolness, a M*A*S*H thread. I actually liked the show, which is ironic because my friend got me into it, along with Stargate SG-1. My favorite characters would have to be, Hawkeye, Potter, and Klinger. Still, one of my favorite shows.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
                      The Ep is called "Hawkeye Get Your Gun" I lvoe it too
                      Thankies!

By the by, has anyone seen the M*A*S*H bloopers on youtube? They're hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kRdLBnonrM
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME.

Comment

I think it's interesting that throughout the series Klinger tries to get out of the Army, but at the very end, he stays in Korea. I know why he stays, I just think it's interesting.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey there M*A*S*H fans! Here's the thread to talk all about your favorite Mobile Army Surgical Hospital - the 4077th M*A*S*H! You can post discussions, pics, anything you like, within reason of course! Just have fun about it!

Something I made a few years ago...

Last edited by imzadi35; 21 March 2015, 08:07 PM.
                          Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                          (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

One of the best shows out there. what is it? 40 years later? Still very watchable even though I've seen each episode so many times.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

One of the best shows in television history. I still remember watching the finale back in 83.

Comment

It only lasted about 5 times longer than the war it depicted.

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X