Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M.A.S.H - Discussions and everything else...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can agree on that.

We’re doctores, not military don’t expect perfection transitioning to (hey, the show is going to last so....) ok now we have a military doctor that can be both.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I caught the end of a news story on the radio earlier, about that nice Mr. Trump planning a visit to his North Korean counterpart.

The expert in Korean affairs being one Greg Klinger.

Hmmmm.....
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

actually I think that has been walked back now. You know him, say yes on monday, change his mind and say no on tuesday. THe only consistent thing in inconsistency.

sigpic

Comment

Didn't one of the cast run for office or something like that? I can't remember.
          Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
          (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

The only thing I can think of offhand, is Alan Alda playing Senator Arnold Vinick in 28 episodes of "The West Wing".

But if someone else knows otherwise, I'm happy to be corrected.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Watching season 1, ep. 15, "Tuttle".

Notable for being the only time we ever see Radar's pal Sparky in person
              sigpic

Comment

The WGN America channel is having a M*A*S*H marathon right now. All with Maj. Charles Winchester, RIP. I liked the one Halloween episode where Father Mulchahey was gone and the others were telling ghost stories in the OR. One man was 'dead', until the Father came back and gave him last rights, making the man cry. Good episode!

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
                  The WGN America channel is having a M*A*S*H marathon right now. All with Maj. Charles Winchester, RIP. I liked the one Halloween episode where Father Mulchahey was gone and the others were telling ghost stories in the OR. One man was 'dead', until the Father came back and gave him last rights, making the man cry. Good episode!
                  OH yeah, that one was so creepy. ANd you just know probably based on real life events. As I remember, many of the storylines were at least inspired by real events from the war or other wars

sigpic

Comment

I know. It WAS creepy. I also remember one episode early on where Hawkeye needed new boots. I remember one reunion show Alan Alda said he used someone's real boots all 11 seasons. A lot of props/costumes were from the War.

Comment

There was a theory going around a few years ago that the 4077th M*A*S*H was really a "Life on Mars"/"Ashes to Ashes" style purgatory for dead army medics.

It would go some way to explaining all the discrepancies and anomalies - Radar reading a comic that wasn't printed until the 1960s for example.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                        There was a theory going around a few years ago that the 4077th M*A*S*H was really a "Life on Mars"/"Ashes to Ashes" style purgatory for dead army medics.

It would go some way to explaining all the discrepancies and anomalies - Radar reading a comic that wasn't printed until the 1960s for example.

I think the show was more of a dark comedy aimed at the Vietnam War, especially the first few seasons. I remember seeing the model of a Huey helicopter hanging in the corner of Henry's office from time to time and it wasn't accepted into military service until the early 1960s. The B-52 was mentioned at least once and it never flew until after Korea.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I recently read that the real-life surgeon whom Hawkeye Pierce is based grew to hate both the show and Alan Alda's portrayal.

First he sold the film and TV rights very cheaply and got next to no royalties from the movie, TV series and any related merchandising.

And while the show did get a lot of details right the way Aland Alda portrayed his character was in opposition to the author's stances on war and politics.
                          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Wow! I didn't know any of that.

Comment

Just watched a marathon yesterday of M*A*S*H epis and one of them was the epi where the cast were all super-tired and trying to sleep, but each one had a nightmare about the war. For example, Hawkeye dreamt that he was asleep when the teacher asked him a question. When he couldn't answer it, he lost an arm. Finally we see him floating in a boat with both his arms gone and a little Korean girl comes to the shore injured. Hawkeye screams when he looks at her and can't help her, waking himself up as the choppers bring in more wounded. I thought this epi was really sobering about the war and it's effects.

Comment

"Dreams", season 8, episode 22. Written and directed by Alan Alda.

One of the best episodes of the series IMO.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X