Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M.A.S.H - Discussions and everything else...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
    So which is better? Early episodes, or the later ones? What are your thoughts?
    I like the earlier episodes. Things go too serious & at time kind of heavy (mostly because they were supposedly commenting on the Vietnam War) later on. I liked Trapper better than B.J.

Comment

There are good and bad points to each. For example, Maj. Burns got stale after a while, and Winchester was a worthy replacement. But I preferred Col. Blake to Potter.
      I dunno if I could say I liked early or later as a blanket statement.

Comment

Treated myself to a nice new t-shirt.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Cool shirt!
          Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
          (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

I wonder what Trapper would've made of Winchester?

And vice versa of course.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Trapper would've thought that Winchester was a stuffed shirt, to say the least.

Winchester would've though that Trapper was no better than Hawkeye. But it's also depending on if the writers had Winchester be morally outraged over Trapper being married, but messing around with the nurses. (The upper crust of Boston was sometimes known for being morally outraged over such behavior.)

Comment

The question is, what would Frank Burns have made of Charles Emerson Winchester III?
                sigpic

Comment

I think Winchester is what Burns wants to be (or maybe Burns' wife wants him to be). Rich, well-connected & a doctor at one of the better hospitals.
                  At first they might bond over looking down on Hawkeye & Trapper (or B.J.) because of their antics, but then Winchester will realize what just kind of guy Burns is (especially in regard to medical competence) and separate himself from him as soon as possible.

Comment

I'm a part of a M*A*S*H group on Facebook and we've had discussions about who is better Frank or Charles. I say Frank was more fun to be mean to and to watch, while Charles was more eloquent in his comebacks. What do you all think?

Comment

I don't think either is "better", I think they are both different.
                      Frank Burns' routines and BS grew stale after a while, So Winchester was a nice change of pace, but had the timelines been reversed, with Winchester appearing first, his snobbery may have grown old, too.

Comment

I'd a weird M*A*S*H dream last night.

Something about Radar learning ventriloquism...
                        sigpic

Comment

Okay, I've got one for you. If you had to chose just one episode that was your favorite, what would it be? Mine is 'Dear Mildred". I loved that episode because of the fact that Radar found Sophie, the Colonel's horse. When he gives Col. Potter the rope, I loved that moment!

Comment

"Dreams", from season 8. No question.

I've had weird dreams like that. And the ones I tell people about are just the ones that are fit for polite company.
                            sigpic

Comment

What about anyone else? What's you're favorite episode?

Comment

Watching M*A*S*H reruns on the WGN network Right now is the one where they had to bug out the nurses because of an enemy attack, and they're watching Franks home movies. ROFL!!

Comment

Working...
                                X