Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M.A.S.H - Discussions and everything else...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
    ROFL! Too funny! Glad to see you, BruTak! I think a couple of my fave moments were this one from the episode OR...

Sidney: "Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

And this one from Season 4 the episode The More I see You...

Hawkeye: Bored.
    BJ: So bored.
    Hawkeye: So bored, it's boring.
    BJ: Boring-a-ding-ding.
    Hawkeye: Boronus, boreetus, boreemus.
    I came, I saw, I bored.
    BJ: He bored, she bored, they bored.
    Hawkeye: All aboard.
    BJ: I was gonna say that!
    Hawkeye: Sure.

The More I see You is one of my favorite episodes! I always loved that scene.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Saw a good one today before I went to work. It was the one of Hawkeye getting sick because of something that happened in his childhood. Sidney Freedman has to come in and help him out. It was a good one!
      Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
      (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

I”m hearing on twitter that David Ogden Stiers has passed.

I’ve only heard it from one source tho.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

http://tvline.com/2018/03/03/david-o...actor-dead-75/

Comment

So sad.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Quick rundown of which members of the principal cast are still with us -

Alan Alda (Hawkeye), 82.
              Mike Farrell (B.J. Hunnicutt), 79.
              Jamie Farr (Cpl. Klinger), 83.
              Lorretta Swit (Hotlips), 80.
              Gary Burghoff (Radar O'Reilly), 74.
              Kellye Nakahara (Nurse Kellye), 67.
              Jeff Maxwell (Igor), 70.
              G.W. Bailey, (Sgt. Rizzo), 73.
              Odessa Cleveland (Nurse Ginger Bayliss), 73.
              Karen Phillip (Lt. Dish), 72.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Thanks, BruTak! I didn't know who all was left.

Here's another question. Who was the best Colonel that ran the 4077th? Was it Lt. Col. Henry Blake, or was it Col. Sherman T. Potter? Opinions, thoughts?

Comment

Potter.

Sometimes Henry Blake was a bit too easy going, and let Hawkeye get away with just about anything.

But Sherman Potter was a calming influence, and knew when to reign Hawkeye in.
                  sigpic

Comment

Potter. BLake, while a nice guy, was not a leader....he just happened to be given the rank of colonel. Potter led, Henry followed.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I have to agree with everybody, Potter was the best. He know just how much leash to give Hawkeye and the rest. Everybody just ran all over Blake.
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Everybody's right. Potter knew when to let go and when not to. Henry was just funny!

Comment

It's one of those weird/spooky coincidences, McLean Stevenson and Roger Bowen both played Lt. Col. Henry Blake in "M*A*S*H" - the former in the TV series, the latter in the original movie.

They both died of a heart attack exactly one day apart.
                          sigpic

Comment

Klinger when he took command in the episode Twas the Day After Christmas
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Just as general FYI for those of us in the UK, the True Entertainment channel has the show on a more or less constant loop, and have just gone round the horn to the start of season 1.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                Potter. BLake, while a nice guy, was not a leader....he just happened to be given the rank of colonel. Potter led, Henry followed.
                                I think Blake was to make the point that "Hey, we're Doctors, we're not and don't want to be G.I. Joe"

Comment

Working...
                                X