Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Calling all m*a*s*h* fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    Col. Potter: I said fire that weapon.
    Hawkeye: All right. (To the gun) You're fired. (To Potter) I did it as gently as I could.
    I love that scene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish I knew what ep it was from.

I also love the ep where they all dream aboaut the war and what kind of an effect it has on their lives. Meaning, no matter what they do it(the war) will always be there, always be a part of their lives; something that they'll never forget.

Margret dreamt of getting married. There she was in a wedding gown sitting on a bed(which was out in the middle of nowhere)watching a man, her fiance? walk towards her. All of a sudden there's a bloody soldier sprawled across the bed and her gown is covered in blood as well.(my memory is a bit fuzzy on some parts, just so you know)

Hawkeye dreamt that he had no arms, well, actually he dreamt that his arms were real one minute and fake the next. Then his arms are taken away from him one at a time. He doesn't realise that they are fake until they are taken away from him. Next thing he knows he's in a rowboat but can't row because he has no arms. He is stuck, maybe it means he thinks he's going nowhere, can't get away from the war? I could be wrong.(never was good at reading into things)

Charles dreamt that he was a magician. At first everything was going fine, everyone was enjoying his magic tricks then it all went to hell. Nothing he did was good anymore, people were frowning and angry, he was sweating and trying really hard to be good, to do good. Maybe he thinks that when he performs surgery he's performing magic, he thinks he's that good - What am I saying? Of course he thinks he's that good! Or maybe he fears that he won't be as good a surgeon at home as was during the war?

BJ dreamt that he was back home dancing with Peg. One minute he's dancing in his living room the next he's waltzing right into the mash O.R complete with injured soldier on the operating table. I think he looks apologetically back at Peg before starting to operate. Not sure about this one.

I can't remember Klingers dream or if Potter dreamt at all. Sorry.

Or maybe it was supposed to tell us that they can't escape the war even in there dreams/sleep.

okay, I'm done now...for now.
    Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; July 25th, 2008 at 05:51 PM.

Sig by ME.

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
    I love that scene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish I knew what ep it was from.
    The Ep is called "Hawkeye Get Your Gun" I lvoe it too

Love isn't strong enough a word to express my feelings for that ep!
    "Wøøf!"

Coolness, a M*A*S*H thread. I actually liked the show, which is ironic because my friend got me into it, along with Stargate SG-1. My favorite characters would have to be, Hawkeye, Potter, and Klinger. Still, one of my favorite shows.
    <a href=http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz329/rayc5678/GateworldBleachSignature2.jpg target=_blank>http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/z...Signature2.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by FN-P90 View Post
    The Ep is called "Hawkeye Get Your Gun" I lvoe it too
    Thankies!

By the by, has anyone seen the M*A*S*H bloopers on youtube? They're hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kRdLBnonrM

Sig by ME.

I think it's interesting that throughout the series Klinger tries to get out of the Army, but at the very end, he stays in Korea. I know why he stays, I just think it's interesting.
    <a href=http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz329/rayc5678/GateworldBleachSignature2.jpg target=_blank>http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/z...Signature2.jpg</a>

Default M.A.S.H - Discussions and everything else...

Hey there M*A*S*H fans! Here's the thread to talk all about your favorite Mobile Army Surgical Hospital - the 4077th M*A*S*H! You can post discussions, pics, anything you like, within reason of course! Just have fun about it!

Something I made a few years ago...

Last edited by imzadi35; March 21st, 2015 at 08:07 PM.
    Turas maith, slán abhaile
    (Safe Journey, Safe Home)

John 3:16
    Sidney Freedman from M*A*S*H: "Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Default Re: M.A.S.H - Discussions and everything else...

One of the best shows out there. what is it? 40 years later? Still very watchable even though I've seen each episode so many times.

One of the best shows in television history. I still remember watching the finale back in 83.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Captain

It only lasted about 5 times longer than the war it depicted.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Second Lieutenant

I think either ME-TV or COZI is running it now, but the first five seasons are also on Netflix Streaming. It's been a while since I've watched it with any regularity, but I should check back in on it just to see if they have the original pilot episode that had a different actor playing Father Mulcahy, plus Timothy Brown as "Spearchucker" Jones (played by Fred Williamson in the movie), even though Brown was in the movie as Corporal Judson. Then they dropped Brown after he had appeared in just six episodes, I guess to give more screen time to Hawkeye and Trapper John.

Thanks for starting this thread, imzadi35!!!!

I so loved M*A*S*H. It was my favorite show growing up. I think I love it more now that some of the jokes don't go over my head.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

You're welcome everyone! I absolutely LOVE the show, from the pilot to the very ending where I bawled. Sometime it was serious, sometimes it wasn't, but most of the time it was just plain great! Also, if you'd like to keep the love going, there's a great website to go to, if you haven't already discovered it. It's called Best Care Anywhere, and here's the addy...
    http://www.bestcareanywhere.net

It's got cool stuff like series stuff, pics and sounds, and even Radio Tokyo. That has sound bytes from the show, and one of the best is this one from the epi 'For the Good Of the Outfit'...

Frank: "Pigpen! Brothel!"
    Hawkeye: "Here, Sir!"
    Trapper: "Yo!"

But let's get the discussions going. First up, who was your favorite commanding officer? Was it Lt. Col. Henry Blake...

Or was it Col. Sherman T. Potter...

Tell us who was your fave and why!

Sidney Freedman from M*A*S*H: "Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

(Moderator)

I liked Potter.

Henry Blake was fun, but so easy for them to pull things over on. Potter gave as good as he got. He was a willing conspirator or the one that busted them, or the one that simply allowed them to get away with stuff (a big picture why sweat the small stuff kinda guy)

I always liked Potter.

Like Skydiver said, he always gave as good as he got. Potter seemed to know how much lease he could give each of the them. How he delt with Burns always made me laugh.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

I agree with both of you. Henry's antics were funny, but Col. Potter was a riot many times, and serious when he needed to be.

(Moderator)

Potter also controlled Frank while Henry caved to him and Margaret.

Made sense, the difference between a civilian and military commander. But Potter was a commander long enough to just let people do their jobs and not stick his nose in until he has to.

Canonically, both Margaret and Potter were regular Army, the rest of the staff were all draftees.
    Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty!
    loves and loves right back.

No w/o a and no w/o a
    It's an immutable law of the multiverse.

(Moderator)

Margaret had a real stick up her bum in the beginning. Of course, they needed her to be the antagonist with Frank so she was written that way.
    Later, when it was less 'staff vs staff' and more 'people vs the war' she changed and became more a partner to all of them (and in some ways, the softness or heart of the show...as most often happens with female characters)

Honestly, margaret wasn't all that interesting until after she crawled out of the cliche.

Honestly I wonder if we are being fair about Blake vs Potter. Lets not overlook that they represent differences in storytelling. S4 is when the show went away from the comedy and more towards the dramady storytelling the show is known for
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right