Daniel Fanfic 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel Fanfic 1.0

This thread is for anyone to post short stories that center around Dr. Daniel Jackson. Anything goes, within reason of course. I'll start...

Over a year ago you got a job working as Daniel Jackson's research assistant at Stargate Command. A few months after you started, Daniel asked you out to thank you, and now you've been dating almost a year.
    Now it's late in the afternoon, and you've been working all day in Daniel's office on a translation that he said he needed right away. Unfortunately, there are a few phrases and sentences that you can't quite figure out. You've pulled out all of Daniel's reference books and journals, hoping to find some answers, but they didn't help. You're tired and frustrated, and you skipped lunch, making Daniel come looking for you.
    “Hey there. Missed you at lunch.”
    “Well, if I wasn't there, it's your fault!” you snap at him, instantly regretting it. “Oh, Daniel, I'm sorry,” you apologize to him. “It's just that there are a few phrases and sentences here that I can't translate. I've checked all your reference materials, but I can't find anything to help me. It's getting so frustrating!”
    Daniel comes up to you, caressing your cheek. “I have an idea that might help. It's supposed to be a nice, cool summer evening tonight. Why don't we go to the lake and have a picnic? We could build a small bonfire and watch the stars come out, and a change of scenery might help you clear your mind. That way you can figure out the rest of the translation later.”
    You look at the piece of parchment paper holding the translation and sigh. “I would like a break,” you admit with a small smile. “Yes, a picnic with you by the lake sounds really nice.”
    “Then I'll meet you at your place around say, seven pm?”
    You nod, smiling. “I'll see you at seven, Daniel, and I'll make the lunch.” You leave his office and head home to change and get ready, not noticing the smile on Daniel's face as he rolls up the parchment paper, taking it with him.
    At seven he shows up at your front door, looking absolutely gorgeous in a dark pair of blue jeans, a nice shirt, and a suit jacket. His eyes widen, and he smiles when he sees that you've let your hair down from the usual up-do you wear to work, as well as the pretty floral sundress you're wearing.
    “Wow! You look beautiful,” he tells you as he holds out his hand to you.
    “You look pretty handsome yourself,” you tell him as you lace your fingers with his.
    Grabbing the picnic basket, the two of you walk to his Jeep, and soon you're headed to the lake. Once you get there, Daniel pulls out a big blanket and a small stereo. You pull out the basket full of good food, and you both head down to some large rocks near the water. This is your favorite spot, the place where he first asked you out and the place where he kissed you for the first time, so it has a special meaning for both of you.
    After spreading out the blanket, you both sit down and eat the delicious meal you've prepared, talking about anything that comes to your minds as you listen to some romantic music on the stereo. Later, you take a walk along the shore with him, holding his hand and feeling the warm, summer breeze caressing your cheek. Soon you both head back to the blanket, where Daniel starts a bonfire.
    As the sun dips below the horizon and the sky turns brilliant pink, orange, and red, Daniel sits down on the blanket beside you, pulling out the parchment and handing it to you. You look at him, confused, but he urges you to open it.
    Once you do, he comes to sit behind you. “The reason why you can't translate this completely is because I wrote it,” he tells you.
    You look at him, surprised. “Why?” you ask him, confused. “What does it say?”
    Daniel points to the paper, reading it as he pulls something out of his pocket. “It reads, 'We've been dating for a year now, and I love you more and more each day. Sweetheart, will you marry me?” He opens the small box, pulling out an exquisite engagement ring, slipping it on your finger.
    You look at him with tears in your eyes, knowing already what your answer is. “Yes, oh yes, Daniel, I will! I love you, too.”
    Daniel smiles, caressing your cheek before leaning in to give you a slow, warm, passionate kiss. You spend the rest of the evening snuggled together in front of the bonfire watching the stars come out, and you realize that now this place holds another special memory for the two of you – the day Daniel asked you to marry him.
    Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
    (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Awwwww, that is beautiful! I love it! I especially love that Daniel proposed!
    sigpic
    Fate makes our relatives; choice makes our friends-quote I found in my dad's senior year of high school under his name

"Give me a pen and I'll write the words"
    http://avp60685.blogspot.com/

Comment

*bump*
      Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
      (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Working...
      X