The Musketeers (BBC) - Discussion/Spoilers/Speculation and everything else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Musketeers (BBC) - Discussion/Spoilers/Speculation and everything else

For all things related to The Musketeers (BBC series).

I think I'll start it all off by saying it's high time we needed and official thread for all the discussion and all the fangirling that's been going on.

So let it all begin (again)!
    Fics | Art | Tumblr

it is a fun show. I missed it first time around, so caught up on the first season from the re-runs.

lots of fun and yes, nice eye candy
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Anyone liking series 2 so far? (Not that it hasn't been interrupted by sports broadcasts as usual)
      Humph.
      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

i watch off bbc america so no sports. I think we're up to episode 3 or 4

sigpic

Comment

Yep, the latest is ep 4, I think. Then it's yet another break (2 weeks) for some sports broadcast before it returns, most likely.
          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Can I turn this into a Rochefort thunking thread and freak out everyone?

Just kidding...a bit.
            sigpic
            Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
            Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

He is easy on the eyes, even as he's a jerk in other ways

So is it airing concurrently in the US and UK?

Usually by the time we get something it's finished its run in the UK

sigpic

Comment

Contributing to the 'everything else' ..........

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post

Just kidding...a bit.
                  Why not? He's creepy but ahem, rather good-looking. And way better looking than the Cardinal! (I'm sure Hyndara would agree)

I was into Aramis's charms...until he whored himself hypocritically and near-irredeemably this week. *ugh*
                  Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    He is easy on the eyes, even as he's a jerk in other ways

So is it airing concurrently in the US and UK?

Usually by the time we get something it's finished its run in the UK
                    I think BBC America has pretty much caught up with the UK run...is the latest one that you've seen 2.04 (Emilie)? If so, then that's the latest.
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

This last saturday was
                      Spoiler:
                      not sure if i need this or not, but dealt with the sick child

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                        Contributing to the 'everything else' ..........
                        <snip, sadly>
                        Oh wonderful everything else...
                        Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                        Why not? He's creepy but ahem, rather good-looking. And way better looking than the Cardinal! (I'm sure Hyndara would agree)

I was into Aramis's charms...until he whored himself hypocritically and near-irredeemably this week. *ugh*
                        I love how Mark Warren plays him. He makes him very soft spoken, especially when he is at his worst. He becomes terrifying.

Well, Aramis was a man divided between sin and a wish for sainthood. So I'd say, as annoying as it might seem, he is in character.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        This last saturday was
                        Spoiler:
                        not sure if i need this or not, but dealt with the sick child
                        Nope, I believe it that was the previous episode, which makes it one eppie behind.

So we need spoiler tags when discussing this week's episode.
                        sigpic
                        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

As the UK is missing out this week (again ) because of sport, and assuming Sky sees ep 4 on Saturday, we'll then be in sync for ep 5
                          Last edited by Jumble; 02 February 2015, 07:32 AM.

Comment

I thought the rise and rise of Rochefort was frightening. Really, it took him, what 2-3 episodes to go from a man slated to hang to a man who's becoming the king's favourite? Everything seems to be pointing to him closing in (and successfully too!) on power as he tightens the strings on everybody.

Maybe the introduction of another villain with nefarious motives would make things more interesting...and infernal. Gives him a little more...competition.
                            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

For all things related to The Musketeers (BBC series).

I think I'll start it all off by saying it's high time we needed and official thread for all the discussion and all the fangirling that's been going on.

So let it all begin (again)!
                              Hurrah! Bring it on Thanks Ikorni!

Just kidding...a bit.

*shudder*

Oh wonderful everything else...

I love how Mark Warren plays him. He makes him very soft spoken, especially when he is at his worst. He becomes terrifying.
                              He's genuinely frightening. They kept telling us in all the promo stuff that Rochefort was a psychopath but it's only really this last ep that that's really started to become clear.

Well, Aramis was a man divided between sin and a wish for sainthood. So I'd say, as annoying as it might seem, he is in character.
                              Exactly. Book!Aramis is a very ambiguous character, much the least likeable of them. I really love how this show has taken the basic elements of all of them from Dumas and then built on them to create really developed characters. Aramis just being the charming "romantic hero type" is not really true to the source material.

Though he's so very pretty that I'm still totally thunking him the most

I thought the rise and rise of Rochefort was frightening. Really, it took him, what 2-3 episodes to go from a man slated to hang to a man who's becoming the king's favourite? Everything seems to be pointing to him closing in (and successfully too!) on power as he tightens the strings on everybody.

Maybe the introduction of another villain with nefarious motives would make things more interesting...and infernal. Gives him a little more...competition.
                              I posted this on the AfA thread when we were discussing there, but may as well copy it over here at this point in case anyone else fancies weighing in...

I'm undecided whether I think he's likely to survive this season or not. I think he's a fabulous antagonist but they're ramping him up so much that I'm not sure where they would go with him. He's got to be defeated at the end, and since he's a less subtle antagonist than the Cardinal I can't quite see that they will be able to defeat him in the same open-ended fashion. He's clearly going to find out about the Queen and Aramis and the Dauphin, which I suspect he will use to try to blackmail the Queen rather than expose her, and he will have to be killed to keep the secret before the King finds out. Which in and of itself is quite a dark place to take your heroes to. I'm sure Marguerite is not going to be alive by the end either And I suspect Milady is going to end up on the 'good guys' side (though for her own reasons) too.
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                              X