• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resurrection (213)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE 100 - SEASON TWO
    RESURRECTION
    EPISODE NUMBER - 213
    Following Mount Weather's attack the survivors come under sniper fire, thrusting Octavia into a leadership role. Abby tries to help Kane stay alive inside the rubble, and in the mountain Jasper and the others try to fend off the soldiers -- but soon must rescue one of their own.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 13 March 2015, 09:02 PM.

I loved how Octavia and Lincon finally got respect fro Indra. And how Octavia earned the respect of the other grounders. Also liked the fight scenes in the mountain. Man did jasper get all primal on their butts!

I also liked it, that they showed us not all of the mountain men wanted to do the 'blood letting' to get immune. Finally some who i can feel ok about.

Comment

I rather enjoyed the episode. After the vehement glares Abby was giving Clarke last week for not warning the camp of the incoming missile attack, to have her own & Kane's participation in the Ark's draconian justice system thrown back in her face really took her down a few notches.

I still think the Grounders and the Sky People are getting too close, too fast. There's going to be a blowup there before too long, probably a violent one. I'll even go as far as to predict it will be sparked by some failure of the joint mission to rescue their people from Mt. Weather.

Comment

Loved the Mt. Weather parts. I'm glad that they mentioned that there once was an anti-blood harvesting movement (that Maya's parents were a part of), and that they showed that there are still people (more than just Maya) who disagreed with using the Grounder blood, who were willing to help the Ark kids. I've grown to really like Maya, so I don't want her do die.

Really liked Lincoln, Octavia and Indra.

I liked that Kane mentioned that Clarke was willing to sacrifice people the way that she did because she grew up on the Ark, where executing people for petty crimes or allowing people to die for "the greater good" was a part of life (a part of their legacy). I also liked Clarke and Abby's goodbye, especially when Abby reminded Clarke that they were the good guys this time. Both Abby and Kane really do seem to want to try to be good people, who regret the things that they've done or had to do, and want to try to make up for it.

I can't see the whole attack on Mt. Weather going and ending well. Once they have access to the mountain, I wonder if the Grounders will care much about who helped the Sky People kids and who didn't. They've got that whole "blood will have blood" thing and as we saw with the whole Finn ordeal, as a whole, they don't seem the type to back down from exacting vengeance/justice. Mercy doesn't seem be real popular with them (as a whole) either (they didn't seem too fond of Clarke for killing Finn before they had a chance to torture him in the way that their tradition/laws dictated). As a whole, they seem like the "take no prisoners, kill them all" type. I wonder if they'd see it as a weakness to allow some of the Mt. Men to live (even the children and those that did help out). And if they do try to kill everyone, I can't see Bellamy, Jasper, Monty and the rest just standing there and allowing it (Jasper and Bellamy especially). I don't think Clarke would want everyone to die either, and I think she'd try to stop a wholesale slaughter of the Mt. Men, if that's what the Grounders are going to end up trying to do. I wonder if/when it will be revealed that Lexa and Clarke knew about the missile but didn't say anything to the others, and if/how that will play into things. I'm really looking forward to seeing how things work out (whether it be good or bad), and on what/whose "side" the various characters will fall on once everything is over.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post

I can't see the whole attack on Mt. Weather going and ending well. Once they have access to the mountain, I wonder if the Grounders will care much about who helped the Sky People kids and who didn't. They've got that whole "blood will have blood" thing and as we saw with the whole Finn ordeal, as a whole, they don't seem the type to back down from exacting vengeance/justice.
          You may be right with that.
          Spoiler:
          There's a two parter coming up titled "Blood Must Have Blood".

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            I rather enjoyed the episode. After the vehement glares Abby was giving Clarke last week for not warning the camp of the incoming missile attack, to have her own & Kane's participation in the Ark's draconian justice system thrown back in her face really took her down a few notches.

I still think the Grounders and the Sky People are getting too close, too fast. There's going to be a blowup there before too long, probably a violent one. I'll even go as far as to predict it will be sparked by some failure of the joint mission to rescue their people from Mt. Weather.
            Good point. WE have seen it with the Tree clan, that they care little for who's at fault versus who wasn't. So i can easily see them pushing for ALL the mountain people to die, even those kids and the Anti-harvest movement people..

Comment

I'm hoping that if the truth comes out about Clarke and Lexa's actions before the missile attack, that everyone isn't just accepting of it. And that if Clarke agrees with or isn't able to stop the Grounders from killing everyone, and if Maya, the Mt. Weather rebels and the little kids all end up dying in the attack, that everyone isn't all, "Yay, Clarke, you saved us! Don't worry about Maya and the dead children, you only did what you had to and that's all that matters!". I'd hate it if everyone was immediately forgiving and understanding, especially Jasper (if he survives). If the show is going to have Clarke make difficult and/or morally/ethically questionable decisions, there should be personal consequences, and they can't have everyone (except for people like Murphy, who almost everyone dislikes because of what he's done) see her as a hero/brave, fearless leader all of the time. I love flawed characters and characters who don't always do the "right" thing, but their actions need to have consequences, and their flaws/questionable choices, need to be treated as flaws by the other characters in the story.
              sigpic

Comment

I disagree. Clarke's choice to keep silent, as horrific as it was, is still the proper tactical decision, and I would hope that the survivors are smart enough to realize that.

If Clarke had warned everyone, the Mt. Weather people would have known they have a spy in their midst, and would have found Bellemy. Bellemy is crucial to defeating the Mountain Men (MM). And the MM must be defeated.

The MM have sufficient technical advantages to do whatever they want to both the grounders and the Ark survivors, and eventually, will wipe them out or completely enslave them, or just capture them and use them for experimental animals, spare parts, or whatever. Maybe even food.

Without an inside man to disable the mountain's defenses, no assault on Mt. Weather can succeed. Neither the Grounders or the remains of the 100 or the Ark survivors have means to defeat them without disabling them from the inside.

And I'm sure Clarke & Lexa are smart enough to see this; without defeating the MM, no one besides the MM will survive and remain free long term.

The question is will the Ark survivors be smart enough to see it as well. Even though the Ark survivors don't really know it yet, they are in a war for survival, and such wars often necessitate cruel choices.

The U.S. decision to use Nuclear weapons on Nagasaki & Hiroshima was a cruel choice as well; but doing so saved more lives (both Japanese and U.S.) over the long haul because the only other path would have been a very bloody invasion and conquest of the island of Japan by the U.S. military. The outcome was a forgone conclusion, Japan could not have stood against the U.S. but it would have been very, very bloody, killing far more people than died in those two attacks.
                Just as in Clarke/Lexa's case, the use of nukes against cities was a very cruel choice, but it was the right one.

Comment

I'm not saying that the choice to keep silent was wrong, just that all the other characters shouldn't automatically be accepting of it if/when they find out. It should cause problems for Clarke and Lexa. It was Indra's village, the other clan leaders were there, Bellamy had a sister there, people died or could have died. Clarke even told her mom not to say anything because it could ruin the alliance of the 12(?) clans. Both Lexa and Clarke knew what they were doing was shady and that it might not go over well.

I don't totally buy the excuse that it was done to protect Bellamy's cover and that there was no way to warn the village or get people out without exposing Bellamy. Clarke managed to get Abby out well enough. Why not sneak out a few clan leaders or other people? They could have told the other leaders that their might be a spy in the camp and that they all needed to leave discretely to check on their army in the woods, or some other excuse if they didn't want to tell them the truth for whatever reason. Also, I'm not sure why the Mt. Weather people would automatically assume "Ark People spy", and not "someone spotted our spotter" or "they might be going hunting/berry picking" or " they might have seen (blank) in the woods and are going out to check" etc., if they saw groups of people going into the woods. Clarke, Lexa and the clan leaders could have snuck out, and they could have arranged something that made it look normal for other people to leave the village.
                  Last edited by VampyreWraith; 21 February 2015, 08:21 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

If Clarke had shared with a number of people, her friends, leaders, or whoever, the odds would have been too good that one of 'em couldn't have kept their mouth shut. This would have triggered an exodus, and the MM would be tipped off.

I do think Clarke will indeed take a fair amount of heat when the knowledge of her actions does eventually become known, but I attribute that to poor thinking on the part of the survivors. their grief will no doubt cloud their thinking and they'll be looking for any scapegoat they can find. It won't be right, but I expect it will happen.

Comment

So basically all of the other leaders are too dumb to sneak out and keep their mouths shut and only Clarke and Lexa know what's good for everyone? And all the other people at the camp are dumb and wouldn't be able to follow a plan that would send them into the woods without looking too suspicious?
                      sigpic

Comment

It has been my observation that regardless of the intelligence of the individual people that form a group, any group whose members are allowed freedom to do as the individuals see fit behaves like an idiot. There is a lot of truth in the old saying about a committee being the only life form with 12 stomachs and no brain. At least one person will inevitably make a stupid choice of some sort, expecting their actions to remain anonymous.

Comment

Maybe the world would be better off under the rule of a dictator then lol? And we just better hope that that dictator is a good person who always makes the best choices for everyone and not only the people that they see fit.

Just because groups of people can be idiots doesn't mean they will be. They've shown it on this show during episode 5(?) of last season when Jaha decided that they were going to kill 300 people without their knowledge because they needed to conserve oxygen, but were afraid of a rebellion if everyone knew what was going on (at least Jaha was planning on sacrificing himself with them until he got talked out of it). Once everyone found out though, the people didn't rebel, they volunteered to sacrifice their lives so that other people/their loved ones could live. Now that won't always be the case, but it shows that people aren't always selfish and stupid, and the village survivors (that were shown) in this episode also showed that they weren't selfish and stupid.

The possibility of other people being idiots, doesn't make Clarke and Lexa immune from being idiots or making self-serving decisions either. Why would Clarke and Lexa and their decisions be more important/right than that of any of the other leaders? What right do they have (over the other leaders, their supposed allies in the war) to decide for everyone who should live and who's expendable? Having the clan leaders die in a missile attack is a pretty convenient way for Lexa to consolidate power and boost everyone's hunger for vengeance. The clan leaders or their people would at least have every right to be upset by Clarke and Lexa's decision to leave the others to die. The would have every right to feel betrayed and insulted that Lexa and Clarke thought so little of them and their willingness to do what needed to be done. Anyone can try to excuse certain actions as just being for "the greater good", but is it really for the greater good? And the greater good for who exactly? Was protecting Bellamy's cover truly the reason why Lexa wanted to leave everyone else to die, or was she motivated by something else (even if it was only subconsciously) and just used that as an excuse to convince Clarke to go along with her? There are points for and against what Clarke and Lexa did, and it wouldn't be wrong or irrational for other people/characters not to see it from their perspective and disagree with their actions.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ok, I support Clarke/Lexa's actions simply from a strategic viewpoint, because in my estimation, it was the right move. They are in a war for their survival, with an iffy-at-best plan to storm the enemy stronghold and win. If they lose, they will be wiped out or enslaved by the Mountain Men, who hold an insurmountable technical advantage over them. I see Bellemy's being able to disable their defenses as mandatory for their survival, and therefore that cannot be risked.

How do you see things playing out over the long term if a mass exodus or even the leaders leaving the camp tips Mt Weather off about their spy, and they catch Bellemy, preventing him from bringing their defenses down, or if the plan fails for any other reason for that matter?

Clarke & even moreso Lexa have many times the experience of those who came down from the Ark living and surviving on the ground. This puts them in a better position to make decisions than Kane, Abby and the other Ark survivor leaders. From what we know about the grounders, I have little doubt that they will see the wisdom of Clarke/Lexa's plan, and understand it. But I rather doubt that the Ark survivors would, as they are not born and bred warriors, as the Grounders are.
                            Last edited by Annoyed; 21 February 2015, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I don't see why they would automatically assume a spy in Mt Weather if they saw people leaving the camp though. Clarke and Lexa getting caught sneaking away could have just as easily alerted Mt. Weather that there was a problem, as the other leaders getting caught sneaking away. If Clarke can sneak out, sneak back in again to get Abby, and sneak out again with her in tow, without anyone noticing; all the other leaders would have to be bumbling idiots not to be able to sneak out the same way. There are many reasons why people would leave the camp that wouldn't indicate a spy in Mt. Weather: Forest fire/village fire, wild animals on the prowl in the woods, hunting trip, emergency back at camp Jaha, emergency with the troops out in the woods. Since your assuming that people would react in the worst way possible and run for the woods en masse, thereby alerting the spotter of a problem, a forest fire would cause people to run away from the village either a panic or to try to put out the fire, and it would look normal.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X