Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

personal shield generator prop with lights

Attached Files
    Last edited by chevron; 02 July 2015, 08:20 AM.

Wow, good luck man! I would love to see the end result(as well as the process of making them) because having one of these would be pretty darn sweet

Comment

If you have the screen used prop then you made a mould of it and then filled the mould with resin

If you don't then you sculpted the prop, made a mould and then filled the mould with resin

Do you have any pictures of the ones you've already made?

Is it polyester or polyurethane resin? If you're not sure, the polyester has a "sweet" ish smell.. but they both taste terrible

Comment

Is the resin made of two parts with a 1:1 mix or one part with a few drops of a catalyst? I still recommend the smell and taste test

I would make it in two parts.. The green resin could be polished to improve clarity and make it all shiny and reflective like glass And the silver could be primed, painted and drybrushed (to add texture because things always look better with texture ).. then put together ones both parts have been prepared separately

Comment

Maybe You probably have polyurethane resin unless there are other types I'm not familiar with, I mostly use polyester resin because of the fibreglass

There's one type of polyurethane resin that I used to use a lot, it was expensive, but it set very quickly.. in minutes rather than hours

I'll be buying some more resin soon for the Kino. Been a while since I bought any. Last time I got 20kg of it
          Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 25 January 2015, 02:52 PM.

Comment

I'm also working on a Chozo Power Suit

...I'll finish it one day

Comment

Looking forward to seeing that PH

Comment

Might not be any time soon

Comment

Originally posted by chevron
                  (life sings detector)
                  What sort of songs will it produce? Or will it just have the stargate themes?
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It looks like a jelly candy.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by chevron
                      NEW UPDATE!

Still working on the finished kits. Working out some more details. But in the mean time kits are now available! They are all professionally packaged and with lighting. Prices are $39.99 each kit, this may go up. payment via PayPal. Shipping to the US is $6, shipping international is calculated.

These come roughly trimmed and drilled for lights. You will need to sand, paint and install lights. once kit is finished, you will be able to wear it, the lighting has a clip.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40524[/ATTACH]
                      That looks amazing! If I didn't know any better, I would think you bought it in a store! I don't think I'll be able to buy one anywhere soon, but that doesn't make it any less desirable

Comment

Working...
                      X