• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uprising (312)

Visit the Episode GuideARROW - SEASON THREE
    UPRISING
    EPISODE NUMBER - 312
    When the police meet a criminal overlord’s demand to withdraw from the Glades, Team Arrow is forced to accept help from Malcolm Merlyn to protect the district’s desperate citizens. Malcolm recalls his path to the League of Assassins following the murder of his wife.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2015, 09:03 PM.

I absolutely LOVED this ep.
    Finally think daddy dearest will now figure out Laurel is acting as Canary, and Sarah is dead.

I liked the discussion between the team on whether to accept merlin's help or not, but i actually wanted them to. BUT i was also glad Oli stopped him from killing brick (even if he did deserve it).

I wonder what will happen now to the 'boxer' trainer of Laurel.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      I absolutely LOVED this ep.
      Finally think daddy dearest will now figure out Laurel is acting as Canary, and Sarah is dead.

I liked the discussion between the team on whether to accept merlin's help or not, but i actually wanted them to. BUT i was also glad Oli stopped him from killing brick (even if he did deserve it).

I wonder what will happen now to the 'boxer' trainer of Laurel.
      I'm kinda liking the fact that this episode seems to have put Merlyn on the path of being a kind of Anti-hero.... he'll likely die when he's redeemed but still.
      I am dreading when Lance finds out about Sara. You just know that scene is going to be hard to watch.

One big problem with this ep though is I thought it was established in the first season that Malcolm was on the phone with rebecca when she died.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        One big problem with this ep though is I thought it was established in the first season that Malcolm was on the phone with rebecca when she died.
        I wondered about that. It's been a while since I watched Season 1, but I think he didn't get the call and it went to voice mail/answering machine and he heard it later.

Comment

Yes. She called him multiple times and he turned the phone off.

I'm really not buying any attempt to redeem Malcolm. He's a mass murdering terrorist who literally forced his own daughter to become a murderer to save his own skin earlier in this very season. As such, I'm not even really sure what the point of Oliver asking him to spare Brick was. They need to stop treating him like a regular person. I kind of get the sense that Felicity is supposed to represent an opinion that she's eventually going to come around on, but she's totally right.

Back in Season 1 his justification (deep down anyway) for the Undertaking was more about avenging his wife than actually changing anything. He said as much when Tommy confronted him with it. He doesn't care about the city.

Also if Brick is able to escape from prison, then by the same logic Oliver used to spare Merylin, they should have just let him go and not even tried to bring him justice.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

True, it was stupid that if brick broke out once, they would jail him again in the same place. BUT iirc was not his first break out cause OF the earthquake caused by the undertaking?

Comment

So is Brick going to be a metahuman or not? When He was shot by diggle in the head like 2 feet away nothing happens. Yet when Merlyn starts punching him he gets a bloody face.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Chief Jack O Niell View Post
                So is Brick going to be a metahuman or not? When He was shot by diggle in the head like 2 feet away nothing happens. Yet when Merlyn starts punching him he gets a bloody face.
                Diggle missed and only gave him a flesh wound.

Comment

I assumed he was a Metahuman that is only invulnerable against bullets for some reason. Roy said "It seems like arrows work better against this guy than bullets." It would be incredibly stupid for him to constantly give people a gun and and a chance to kill him during his little challenges if he was just as vulnerable as anyone else to them.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    I assumed he was a Metahuman that is only invulnerable against bullets for some reason. Roy said "It seems like arrows work better against this guy than bullets." It would be incredibly stupid for him to constantly give people a gun and and a chance to kill him during his little challenges if he was just as vulnerable as anyone else to them.
                    He's just confident enough to either get the gun off them before anything happens or know that he intimidates his foe enough that they'll either miss or he'll get a chance to judge when they'll shoot and dodge. It's about fear and intimidation with him. He creates a persona that comes across as invincible. I also suspect that the sights are off on his own gun, which is what he tends to give people as a challenge. Other than that he's just very lucky and extremely strong and he does not fear death itself. In his own mind if someone manages to kill him then that's fair game, but he's going to make it as difficult as he possibly can because he's a fighter.

Comment

Well, we saw him shot what, by 4 arrows and didn't go down? SO he has some sort of high pain tolerance/rapid healing.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Well, we saw him shot what, by 4 arrows and didn't go down? SO he has some sort of high pain tolerance/rapid healing.
                        I think it's more the high pain tolerance. Don't forget that once Malcolm got to him, he went down quick and was spent. Now that's not just Malcolm's skill...

I grant that there is a possibility that he got his hands on some Mirakuru... but he really doesn't strike me as the type that would get chosen to go through the process... too much of a big fish.

Comment

Maybe they are trying to put that he is some sort of meta, just not that powerful of one. Just resilient.

Comment

I doubt he is a meta due Arrow's anti-superpowers stance.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Aren't they starting to move past that?

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                              X