This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

January Theme - Babylon 5 - Jan 23-25

In honor of the 20th anniversary of Babylon 5 (eek, do I feel old) we're going to celebrate all (more like many) things Babylon 5.

So brush up on your Narn, familiarize yourself with the Minbari castes and watch out for Londo's card games.

Be there, or be assigned to clean the methane breathers' toilets.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Yippee!!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Should be fun.

Funny thing is, I've been thinking about buying the DVDs lately. Maybe this will help spur me into action.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I haven't seen this series yet, I've had the first DVD from Netflix sitting on my counter since before Thanksgiving.....this will give me a good reason to finally watch it.
        Last edited by rkgardner2003; 19 January 2015, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Oh cool!

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
          I haven't seen this series yet, I've had the first DVD from Netflix sitting on my counter since before Thanksgiving.....this will give me a good reason to finally watch it.
          That's how I watched it, so let me warn you: there are (or at least there used to be) a lot of broken/scratched/damaged discs in Netflix's B5 rotation. I finally stopped getting more than one at a time so that I wouldn't be stuck with two discs that I couldn't watch until the replacement one arrived. But it is well worth that frustration, I promise.
          sigpic

Comment

This will be the best theme ever! Thank you guys!
            *startstothinkaboutredecorating*

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
            Sig & Avi by Josi
            sigpic
            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
            I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Kill Londoooo

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
              Don't judge the whole show by just the first season its soo much better after that
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

Looks like fun!
                sigpic

Comment

And, as someone that watched it all, watch the DVDs all the way through, then go back and rewatch them, because it's so tightly written that some throwaway scene in episode 4 will kick off something pivotal a year later.
                  JMS wrote most of the episodes and there was no adlibbing allowed. What may be seen as season one cheese becomes season 4's masterpiece.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    And, as someone that watched it all, watch the DVDs all the way through, then go back and rewatch them, because it's so tightly written that some throwaway scene in episode 4 will kick off something pivotal a year later.
                    JMS wrote most of the episodes and there was no adlibbing allowed. What may be seen as season one cheese becomes season 4's masterpiece.
                    I think he wrote more or less 80 % of the episodes, an entire season all alone. That man is my personal hero!

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                    Sig & Avi by Josi
                    sigpic
                    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

I'm pretty sure Neil Gaiman wrote an episode.
                      sigpic

Comment

according to wiki, he wrote 92 out of 110 episodes. 59 of them in a row during season 3 and 4

sigpic

Comment

Yay!
                          sigpic

Comment

92 episodes, 59 in a row - that's incredible. I wonder if that could ever happen these days.
                            sigpic

Comment

There are several shows with only one writer, Downton Abby for example....but with only 10-12 episodes per season, it'll take Julian Fellows 10 years to pull that off.

Not many shows out there with a single person effectively in total control. That's one reason there are so few - relatively speaking - plot holes and mistakes in the series.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X