• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Survival of the Fittest (210)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE 100 - SEASON TWO
    SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST
    EPISODE NUMBER - 210
    Clarke and Lexa find themselves on the run from a dangerous predator. Kane has a difficult time integrating his soldiers and the Grounders' fighting force, and Bellamy and Lincoln journey to Mount Weather with a plan to infiltrate the facility.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 28 February 2015, 09:05 PM.

Ya know, all of this buddy buddy stuff 'tween the Sky People and the Grounders just has to be too good to be true. Wonder how long before it blows up?

Good episode, though.

Comment

Do gorillas live over 100 years ? And dont they need femail and male sex to make baby gorillas ?

And why are the grounders so deem dumb ? Think of the potential they could get for farming and Technologies from the sky people. Just make friends with them and start to build new futuure for there own good. But not lets attack them and if they attack back then we need more blood for blood like they are the sweet puppies that dont do härm to others
      sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Who says there aren't gorillas in the area? There may be a sizable population of them. Nothing says that one had to be from 100 years ago.

The Grounders only seem dumb if we measure them by the standards of our modern, technological society. In other ways, such as the ability to survive and flourish in a jungle environment, they are way ahead of the Sky people.

Comment

I liked the Gorilla. BUT hated that they still had what was a functioning zoo cage so close to where the grounders kept some of their towns..

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            Who says there aren't gorillas in the area? There may be a sizable population of them. Nothing says that one had to be from 100 years ago.

The Grounders only seem dumb if we measure them by the standards of our modern, technological society. In other ways, such as the ability to survive and flourish in a jungle environment, they are way ahead of the Sky people.
            Well after nüke war the survival of apes is a bit weird. Especially when humans have technology to protect them from radiation.
            But nvm it's sci-fi where everything dont need to add up _D

Well skypeapole have knowlage of how to build destuctive bomb's
            They still had hazard 100 years in space to survive

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            I liked the Gorilla. BUT hated that they still had what was a functioning zoo cage so close to where the grounders kept some of their towns..
            There seem to be everything in the arms way. 1 day to dessert and one day to some towns.
            8 hour for mount weather.
            sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Originally posted by lopo30 View Post
              Well after nüke war the survival of apes is a bit weird. Especially when humans have technology to protect them from radiation.
              But nvm it's sci-fi where everything dont need to add up _D
              In the framework of this show's universe, it does add up. Since there are Grounders, completely independent of Mt. Weather's technology, as well as horses, mutated deer and other life forms, clearly the Earth can support life after the nukes. Why not a gorilla?

Comment

Well cause they are already a race that is under protection and are hunted a lot.
                Edge of extinction.

Comment

I really liked this episode, for the most part, anyway. Loved Lincoln and Bellamy working together to try to infiltrate Mt. Weather. Things don't work out as planned though, and Lincoln succumbs to his addiction to the red Reaper drug, leaving Bellamy to get caught by the Mt. Men. I actually liked that Lincoln wasn't miraculously cured of his addiction virtually overnight, and that he faltered and fell under the influence of the drugs the Mt.Men had him addicted to again. Addiction isn't an easy thing to overcome, and I liked that the show depicted that here.

A group of Grounders visit Camp Jaha. I really liked how cynical Jaha was regarding the alliance with the Grounders. He seemed to be proven right when a fight breaks out between the two groups. Kane gets it under control though, and the rest of the visit seems to go well. I really liked the part where Octavia tries to fight a Grounder. She gets beaten pretty badly, but her unwillingness to give up caught Indra's attention. I liked that Indra asked Octavia to be her Second. Kane then basically asks her to be a spy.

Clarke is at a meeting with Lexa and some other Grounders. They argue over whether they should wait for Bellamy to infiltrate Mt. Weather or just march on the Mountain immediately. I didn't much care for Clarke getting chased through the woods by some Grounder whose brother died fighting the kids, and later on get chased along with Lexa by a Gorilla. The main reason for the Gorilla chase seemed to be so that Lexa and Clarke could develop a closer/stronger bond. Like someone mentioned above, why would the Grounders have their meeting in a place so close to the Gorilla's feeding grounds.

Loved Jaha and Murphy's trip to Wells' grave. I really liked the interaction between the two. Jaha's reasoning for wanting to leave, and abandon the kids trapped in Mt. Weather, is that he feels that sometimes you have to sacrifice the few to save the many, and that good can come out of even the darkest acts (this is something repeated pretty much throughout the season/series). He tells Murphy about the City of Light. He wants to find it, and lead the everyone there. He thinks it can be his second chance. Jaha gathers a group of people to travel to the City of Light with him, and asks Murphy to go along as well.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X