No announcement yet.

Pegasus Galaxy Space Gates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe there is something in the ground DHDs that normally prohibits locking on what was originally a space gate so only jumpers or other DHDs (like darts) could dial them. That's never brought up in the show though so I don't think that's the case.
    I could see that. Original space gates are keyed in planetbound DHDs to not connect. Any moved out there though is buggered!!

Comment

I still don't see the wraith moving a gate from the ground to space. It don't make sense to me, personally. The only reason I can see the wraith taking gates from the ground and putting them in space would be to keep the people from escaping during a culling which don't make sense considering that they dial into the gate preventing them from escaping. For me it would be have to all or none in order for the wraith to put the gates in space, but that's just me. Unless it's because of the size of particular hive alliances and they didn't have the "personnel" to dial a ground gate to keep the people from escaping.

Comment

Originally posted by atterodevice View Post
        That's somewhat my point. The DHDs wouldn't know so either people walked through a stargate into cold space so why would the ancients put gates in space where that could happen to humans on various planets? Far more likely the gates were moved.
        But how likely is it that someone would happen onto the gate address of a spacegate? I would guess that the Ancients initially gave some humans limited lists of addresses and they were passed down through the generations. They wouldn't have much expectation that humans would accidentally stumble through a spacegate in that scenario because it's highly unlikely that a peasant pounding randomly on a DHD will happen on an address (although, it did happen once in SG-1) so as long as the Ancients were around they could either simply choose not to give spacegate addresses or they could only give out spacegate ones with warnings that it's only for advanced humans to use.

The one way I could see it becoming a bit of a problem is if advanced humans got their hands on an Ancient database at some point after the war and went around scamming people by trading previously unknown addresses for valuables, notably spacegates. If someone is stupid enough to simply test addresses by dialing them up and confirming a connection be made with the intent to go exploring at some point after the scammers left (as opposed to smartly making a person trading an address go to that address and come back to confirm it's safe) then they could rack up a bunch of deaths before word gets out. But, that's one of those scenarios that only exists because the Ancients unexpectedly lost.

Comment

Working...
        X