Opening error.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening error.

I've noticed one thing, a little silly but an error.
    In the opening scene Scott comes to the destiny immediately but on the icarus base have wait several minutes with the gate open.

I'm confused. What is that you are questioning?

Comment

On the destiny(opening scene) the gate opens and Scott come immediately, but on the icarus (in the other prospective) have wait several minutes with the gate open! The two scenes don't match.

Comment

It seems like to waste of filming to show an empty Destiny with an active gate
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

The way it was filmed first showed the gate activating on Destiny, the next shot showed the view of the active gate as if walking into the gate room. The assumed time lapse between those two scenes would cover the few minutes the gate was active before Scott came through. We as viewers take it as read that the gate was active and there was no need to show how long that gate was open from the Destiny point of view as we were given that information from the Icarus base point of view.

Why would we watch the gate with nothing happening during that time on Destiny, made more sense to see what was happening during that time on Icarus base?! It would be like keeping your TV on the Christmas fireplace channel!

It was this jumping from one point of view from the other that SGU did that confused me a bit when I first watched it. Things made more sense after I re-watched it on DVD.

Comment

@krisz- good point.

By the way, Andy Mikita for that scene maybe he would show the gate already open when the camera comes to the room into the destiny! He would make more sense.

Comment

Working...
            X