Jumper Engine Pods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumper Engine Pods

Is it just me or does it look physically impossible for for the engine pods and wings of the jumpers to fold into the side the way they do and still have the space inside that we've seen?

Originally posted by songar87 View Post
    Is it just me or does it look physically impossible for for the engine pods and wings of the jumpers to fold into the side the way they do and still have the space inside that we've seen?
    i believe the pods are roughly where the benches are in the back. So it might just fit.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      i believe the pods are roughly where the benches are in the back. So it might just fit.
      what about the struts that hold the engines on? Where do they fit?

Comment

what about the struts that hold the engines on? Where do they fit?
        Maybe they're hinged, and they unfold.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Oops. I meant the struts that hold the WINGS on.

Comment

Perhaps its some sort of tardis effect?

Comment

Oops. I meant the struts that hold the WINGS on.
              IIRC there are only struts in the bottom. They would thus slide into the floor.

Comment

I studied the puddle jumper in detail when I built one

I planned to make the wings open and close.. but they're too wide. They would have to fold in onto themselves to fit.. Like a radio antenna

The pods themselves could fit.. the recesses in the main body of the puddle jumper are big enough for them.. But the depth. the inner wall between the engine pod enclosure and the inside of the ship would have to be thin..

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                  I studied the puddle jumper in detail when I built one

I planned to make the wings open and close.. but they're too wide. They would have to fold in onto themselves to fit.. Like a radio antenna

The pods themselves could fit.. the recesses in the main body of the puddle jumper are big enough for them.. But the depth. the inner wall between the engine pod enclosure and the inside of the ship would have to be thin..
                  You built one as in a model? Physical or CGI?
                  Hi There!

Comment

Working...
                  X