No announcement yet.

Daredevil (Netflix) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digi, you have a lot of the same questions I have. I'm guessing that they will be answered either in the shows of the three other heroes, the Defenders miniseries, or as a set up to a possible second season of Daredevil sometime before Defenders.
    sigpic

Comment

Free of Spoilers:

Watched up to episode 10. Probably going to watch the rest by Saturday.

I love the action scenes and the fact that they have weight to them. They are meaningful and are not easy for either party.

I love the characters. I love how they grow and how the pilot has set the tone and storylines that continue throughout the season.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        And though I found all of it to be excellent and above and beyond, I absolutely must highlight Vincent D'Onofrio as being [u]brilliant[/i] as Wilson Fisk. He plays his character flawlessly in a villain performance that is (dare I say) on par with the brilliance of Heath Ledger's Joker.
        I wouldn't say that. Not to discount Vincent's performance. But they are very different roles. The Joker was given as an absolute. He wasn't given any human elements, just pure chaos and challenging everything the Batman built and symbolized.

Vincent D'Onofrio (who I didn't recognize from Law and Order, but I did find him familiar) portrayed Wilson Fisk
        Spoiler:
        not just as a symbol of what Matt Mudock wants to fight, but also as a mirror of Matt, his mission, and his beliefs.

It goes further by the fact that the writers crafted Fisk's backstory to truly define the difference between how each was raised. Both have their better angels in them, but they also have their devils to deal with. It goes beyond D'Onofrio's performance to just how the cast and crew built a wonderful array of characters that are truly human despite the stakes being raised.

D'Onofrio was integral to selling Wilson Fisk, but the actor that played a younger Fisk and his parents were amazing. That truly helped give him an emotional core that we don't see clearly in the present scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
          This show is excellent in every sense of the word. I am surprised more people are not commenting on it here.
          Already heard many good things about it, so maybe that curiosity will get too overwhelming until I give in and start that binge watching.
          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
            Free of Spoilers:

Watched up to episode 10. Probably going to watch the rest by Saturday.

I love the action scenes and the fact that they have weight to them. They are meaningful and are not easy for either party.

I love the characters. I love how they grow and how the pilot has set the tone and storylines that continue throughout the season.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.
            the fight scenes very much suit the character, you can tell hes not like batman or the arrow, he really takes a beating in some of his fights

Comment

Finally managed to start watching this. Up to episode 4 now. It's very good and looking forward to watching the rest of the episodes.

Surprised how dark it is, I knew it would be darker than usual Marvel stuff, but it's on a bigger scale than I thought it would be. No complaints from me though. It's got some nice nods to it's universe as well. Helps remind that they're all linked.

Comment

Daredevil Renewed For Season 2!

Good news from EW tonight:

Daredevil has been renewed for a second season!

The episodes are expected to arrive in 2016, though there will be a creative change: Steven DeKnight has stepped down as showrunner, to be replaced by Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez, both of whom worked on Season 1.

-
                -
                -
                -
                -
                -
                -
                I...have mixed feelings about this.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The episodes are expected to arrive in 2016, though there will be a creative change: Steven DeKnight has stepped down as showrunner, to be replaced by Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez, both of whom worked on Season 1.

-
                  -
                  -
                  -
                  -
                  -
                  -
                  Why? It means they have more room to tell his story, give us a season of him as the actual Daredevil persona and not just a masked vigilante, and means we won't have to wait until The Defenders to see him again. It could also mean his story may work a bit into Civil War, as he is one of the few superheroes in the MCU right now to actually be anonymous and threatened by registration.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think you mistake my meaning here...I'm thrilled there's more Daredevil coming.

What I'm not thrilled about is that Steven DeKnight, who poured himself into making Season 1 as great as it was, will not be returning as showrunner.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I think you mistake my meaning here...I'm thrilled there's more Daredevil coming.

What I'm not thrilled about is that Steven DeKnight, who poured himself into making Season 1 as great as it was, will not be returning as showrunner.
                      Oh okay, my mistake. I did wonder if that is what you meant. However, he was never meant to be a permanent showrunner, I think. And at the very least they are promoting from within.

I have decent faith that they will continue the show adequately, and maybe DeKnight can at least serve as an advisor.
                      sigpic

Comment

Two more episodes left. Looking forward to how this ends.

Comment

-
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          I don't. What a relief, to be honest. And you will know why when you reach the end of the season and watch the last episode. It is the only episode that DeKnight directs, and personally, I think he should stick with production. Compared to the previous episodes, well, I felt like I was watching different characters - a different show, in fact. And not in a good way. Really ruined it for me, actually.
                          sigpic
                          sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

I finished the season the day after it released, and have no idea what you're talking about.

Comment

I finished the season the day after it released, and have no idea what you're talking about.
                              Well, then we simply have a difference of opinion there.

I was binge watching, and therefore skipping through the opening credits, but the change from that wonderful penultimate episode to the beginning of the finale was so jarring I actually went back to check who had directed. It is the only episode of the season that DeKnight directs, and I think that was a big mistake. As the producer, I can only assume that it was his decision to direct the finale - and I think that says something about the way he works that I don't like. Such a weird thing to do - take the most important episode and decide to have an entirely new director work on it. Just because he can produce doesn't mean he can direct.
                              Last edited by Starship Trooper; 24 April 2015, 01:28 AM.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

Daredevil is awesome, Im up to about episode 8, all the actors are owning there respective roles, especially d'onofrio and cox, when the marvel Netflix series were announced last year this and Jessica jones were the 2 things I was looking forward to the least but daredevil is great, and Jessica jones atleast from the casting side of things looks to have potential aswell

the shows im really intrigued about is iron fist and defenders
                                Last edited by mr_kennedy; 28 April 2015, 04:34 AM.
                                Last Movie Watched
                                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                                Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                                X