Daredevil (Netflix) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daredevil (Netflix) - News/Discussion/Speculation

As we've known for some time now, Daredevil will be the first of the Marvel/Netflix TV shows. It's being run, at least for its first season, by Steven S. DeKnight (Buffy, Angel, Spartacus).

News today: the show's (first?) season will debut in its entirety--13 episodes--on Netflix on April 10!

Daredevil stars:

Charlie Cox (Boardwalk Empire) as Matt Murdock/Daredevil
    Deborah Ann Woll (True Blood) as Karen Page
    Elden Henson (The Hunger Games) as Foggy Nelson
    Rosario Dawson (Alexander, Sin City, Clerks II) as Claire Temple
    Vincent D’Onofrio (Full Metal Jacket, JFK, L&O: CI) as Wilson Fisk/Kingpin
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Teaser trailer

Comment

I'm looking forward to this quite a lot actually.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The actual teaser trailer

Comment

Will it only be viewable on netflicks?

Comment

Probably
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

New trailer.

Comment

I am very, very excited for this.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  I am very, very excited for this.
                  I'm happy that I have a Netflix account
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I've been binge-watching this since I got home from work...holy crap is it ever good. I was speechless after episode 4.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      I've been binge-watching this since I got home from work...holy crap is it ever good. I was speechless after episode 4.

This show is excellent in every sense of the word. I am surprised more people are not commenting on it here.
                      sigpic

Comment

Not got a Netflix account, but Im staying at my sisters next week, and she has!

Havent told her that Im borrowing it yet though...

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                          This show is excellent in every sense of the word. I am surprised more people are not commenting on it here.
                          Honestly I am waiting until summer when my schedule isn't so chaotic. They aren't going anywhere
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                            I'm still watching, so I've mostly gone dark to avoid spoilers. Just coming up for air once in a while.

Comment

...and now I'm done, so I can safely emerge from hiding!

Wow. What a brilliant bloody series. The writing, the direction, the cinematography, the casting, the acting--they knocked all of it out of the park.

And though I found all of it to be excellent and above and beyond, I absolutely must highlight Vincent D'Onofrio as being [u]brilliant[/i] as Wilson Fisk. He plays his character flawlessly in a villain performance that is (dare I say) on par with the brilliance of Heath Ledger's Joker.

Some lingering questions I have (spoilers for whole season) :
                              Spoiler:
                              At one point, Claire refers to an ex named Mike who 'turned out to be very good at keeping secrets.' Mike is certainly a very common name, but I couldn't help but think this was a sly nod to Mike Peterson (Deathlok) in Agents of SHIELD! Agree/disagree?

What is the Black Sky weapon/child?

At the end of Stick's episode, he reports in to someone, his master or something. Who is that? And a few episodes later, it seems that Nobu knows who Stick is and what "his war" is about. What is the story there?

When Madame Gao leaves NY to visit 'her homeland,' she says to Owlsey that it's "considerably farther afield" than China. Who is she? Where is she from? Was that a cosmic reference of some sort?

Right near the end of the finale, just before Fisk is arrested (for the first time) he asks Vanessa--off-screen--to do something for him. What did he ask her to do?
                              Last edited by DigiFluid; 12 April 2015, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X