Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Daredevil (Netflix) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Finally managed to start watching this. Up to episode 4 now. It's very good and looking forward to watching the rest of the episodes.

Surprised how dark it is, I knew it would be darker than usual Marvel stuff, but it's on a bigger scale than I thought it would be. No complaints from me though. It's got some nice nods to it's universe as well. Helps remind that they're all linked.

Daredevil Renewed For Season 2!

Good news from EW tonight:

Daredevil has been renewed for a second season!

The episodes are expected to arrive in 2016, though there will be a creative change: Steven DeKnight has stepped down as showrunner, to be replaced by Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez, both of whom worked on Season 1.

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    I...have mixed feelings about this.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post

The episodes are expected to arrive in 2016, though there will be a creative change: Steven DeKnight has stepped down as showrunner, to be replaced by Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez, both of whom worked on Season 1.

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Why? It means they have more room to tell his story, give us a season of him as the actual Daredevil persona and not just a masked vigilante, and means we won't have to wait until The Defenders to see him again. It could also mean his story may work a bit into Civil War, as he is one of the few superheroes in the MCU right now to actually be anonymous and threatened by registration.

I think you mistake my meaning here...I'm thrilled there's more Daredevil coming.

What I'm not thrilled about is that Steven DeKnight, who poured himself into making Season 1 as great as it was, will not be returning as showrunner.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I think you mistake my meaning here...I'm thrilled there's more Daredevil coming.

What I'm not thrilled about is that Steven DeKnight, who poured himself into making Season 1 as great as it was, will not be returning as showrunner.
    Oh okay, my mistake. I did wonder if that is what you meant. However, he was never meant to be a permanent showrunner, I think. And at the very least they are promoting from within.

I have decent faith that they will continue the show adequately, and maybe DeKnight can at least serve as an advisor.

Two more episodes left. Looking forward to how this ends.

First Lieutenant Starship Trooper's Avatar

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    I don't. What a relief, to be honest. And you will know why when you reach the end of the season and watch the last episode. It is the only episode that DeKnight directs, and personally, I think he should stick with production. Compared to the previous episodes, well, I felt like I was watching different characters - a different show, in fact. And not in a good way. Really ruined it for me, actually.
    sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

I finished the season the day after it released, and have no idea what you're talking about.

First Lieutenant Starship Trooper's Avatar

I finished the season the day after it released, and have no idea what you're talking about.
    Well, then we simply have a difference of opinion there.

I was binge watching, and therefore skipping through the opening credits, but the change from that wonderful penultimate episode to the beginning of the finale was so jarring I actually went back to check who had directed. It is the only episode of the season that DeKnight directs, and I think that was a big mistake. As the producer, I can only assume that it was his decision to direct the finale - and I think that says something about the way he works that I don't like. Such a weird thing to do - take the most important episode and decide to have an entirely new director work on it. Just because he can produce doesn't mean he can direct.
    Last edited by Starship Trooper; April 24th, 2015 at 01:28 AM.

Daredevil is awesome, Im up to about episode 8, all the actors are owning there respective roles, especially d'onofrio and cox, when the marvel Netflix series were announced last year this and Jessica jones were the 2 things I was looking forward to the least but daredevil is great, and Jessica jones atleast from the casting side of things looks to have potential aswell

the shows im really intrigued about is iron fist and defenders
    Last edited by mr_kennedy; April 28th, 2015 at 04:34 AM.
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

I watched the whole season over the weekend that it was first released. I wasn't really expecting to like it much, but I ended up loving it a lot. I'm really, really glad that it's getting another season.

Jon Bernthal (Shane in The Walking Dead) has been cast as Frank Castle/The Punisher in season 2.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/24699/jon_...vels_daredevil
    Last edited by DigiFluid; June 10th, 2015 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Fix typo

*RUBS HEAD* I think this is great casting, tho would have been cool if Thomas Jane had reprised his role
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Will be interesting to see how Matt reacts to his ruthlessness...

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...son-2-20150626
    The Punisher will reportedly appear as a villain

Just finished the season, looking forward to season 2! I was take by surprise how much I enjoyed it. I can't say why I had been stalling starting the series, but I'm glad I finally did.

DAREDEVIL Casts Stephen Rider as DA Blake Tower

Another news story, another new addition to one of Marvel’s Netflix-exclusive shows…
    This time, Safe House’s Stephen Rider has been revealed to be playing District Attorney Blake Tower in the second season of the Charlie Cox-starring Daredevil. Again, this is a character who has been pulled straight from the comic books, with Tower making his debut way back in 1968 and having appeared at various times ever since then, including becoming a major part of She-Hulk’s foray into law.

In Daredevil, DA Tower will be a character who appears throughout the season, acting as an ally of Matt Murdock’s and helping to slip him private info on certain nefarious sorts.

Complete with Jon Bernthal’s Punisher and Elodie Yung’s Elektra in tow, Daredevil returns to Netflix next year.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast