shield on the icarus base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shield on the icarus base

The hammond can't take the people from the planet because of the shield! I know,It's a silly question but i wonder why the icarus base have a shield...?

To prevent intrusion/theft. Who knows who has access to Asgard beaming nowadays?

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sg1 1988 View Post
      The hammond can't take the people from the planet because of the shield! I know,It's a silly question but i wonder why the icarus base have a shield...?
      Same reason the SGC has a shield. To keep someone from stealing the Stargate (again) or any prisoners (again).

Comment

Icarus base housed a type of shielding in the bunker complex that prevented transport with Asgard transporters. This was designed to prevent intruders from entering the facility via this technology. Instead, personnel and equipment were beamed to the outer defensive area and brought inside.
        sigpic

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

IIRC it was in Season 8, after the incident with the Ba'al and the trust, it was decided to instigate the shielding on our bases to prevent beam outs.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              IIRC it was in Season 8, after the incident with the Ba'al and the trust, it was decided to instigate the shielding on our bases to prevent beam outs.
              In "The Shroud" Merlin!daniel overcomes the shield and beams through, causing the "i thought we installed safeguards so this wouldn't happen again " line i think from Woolsey.

So yes, they did install countermeasures. Though i believe it was based on Wraith jamming not shields.

Comment

It isn't a shield. It is shielding.

It is similar to when we block telephone signals to prevent calls. It blocks the ability of ships to beam out the stargate or personnel.

It isn't like the shield on the ships that are for defence. It doesn't stop ships from firing on the base. Hence why the base was collapsing from ship fire when they were making their escape.

Comment

Working...
                X