No announcement yet.

ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G - Got it downloaded. It was a 7z file, and I needed to have something to unzip it. So I downloaded WinRAR and it worked!

H - Have the program on my new computer now. Can't wait to start using it!

I - It rained here this morning. Pretty heavy, too. Got about 1.30" of rain, so says the local meteorologist. But the sun is supposed to come out later today. I just hope it doesn't get too humid after the rain this morning.
    Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
    (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

J = Just *casually* passing this info on (now), as it was quite serious when it happened. LOL..!!! I had a very *nasty* fall over this weekend (tripped on a steel train-rail), while doing volunteer work (at a choo-choo train location). Got a giant lump on my forehead with a bunch of scratches, but my eyes miraculously didn't get cut or injured --I had fallen with my glasses on and the lenses got badly scratched, but the frames AND the lenses did NOT break... if they did, I could have lost my vision, permanently.

K = Keeping this posting limited here for *the longer story* of my seemingly silly accident that I mentioned on the "Earth's future..."(link is here) topic. Very fascinating in the other events that happened afterward, too, and VERY fortunate that maybe an angel *protected* my eyes during the flying-thru-the-air, tumble-splat(!!!) I suffered thru.
      ---- It seems bizarre and unreal thinking about how everything happened in sequence and *where* and who all was involved in each place. Details are in the post at the Earth's topic link... and YES, it got documented for my health records with photos (noting this tidbit for those personas who might find this and any *other* story as totally unbelievable). Eye doctors place got a nice view of the injuries (I had to get a replacement for my glasses/lenses, so they recommended I get my vision checked first in case the prescription changed)... My Dentist could have seen it too, but that appointment isn't til after the end of this week.
      ---- I told TPTB that I'm probably gonna get banned from ever (volunteer) working at that place ever again... I have such a history of getting injured there in the dumbest ways, so much, that the "boss" wants to put me into a foot thick of bubble wrap to protect me, while being there.

L = Listing this nasty tumble of mine to the lingering other list(s) of crazy events that have happened to me in my life. I'd mention a few other situations that horribly hurt, like the first time I walked into a steel pipe on that same train (different time/event), because I forgot the metal bar was there... and I turned around and moved full speed ahead -- WHACK!!! Ohhhhh did that one hurt bad!!! Heard something move out of place in my skull. Owww! AND to make matters worse, NO ONE had any ice for the cold drinks that were sold during that event. Just the cold weather kept the sodas cool enough to drink, so NO ICE was needed... until I needed it for my swelling skull injury!

M = MUST carry my own ICE block now. LOL..! Since it seems that no one ever has solid ICE on site, I have made a habit of carrying my own bottle of solid ICE, just in case something horrendous happens. Sure enough, one year I dislocated my finger on the steel piping of a seat, while grabbing the bar to balance myself while walking thru a moving train car... no one had ICE, but me that time. Ouch...! I needed to ice my finger between rides to reduce the swelling.

Comment

N - No way! :O I hope you're okay. Sounds like a nasty fall, but glad the angels were there to protect you from further harm.

O - Ouchie to the sore finger, but glad you had ice with you.

P - Plenty of A/C's running today, as the temps here are supposed to be around 91, and the dew points in the upper 70's. Hot and muggy here, but I'll be inside until I go to work later.

Comment

Q - Quite happy that your injuries weren't worse.

R - Really try to be careful, or get yourself a deflector shield.

S - Someone is looking out for you!
          Total syffy posts: 36,690
          (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
          Matthew 5:9

Comment

T - The Apollo 11 space mission took off 60 years ago today, and even though I wan't thought of back then, I've been fascinated by it ever since.

U - Under a clear sky at 9:32 am ET the Saturn 5 rocket took off for space. Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins were on board Apollo 11's space capsule.

V - Voice of Walter Cronkite at CBS News was heard around the world when they broadcast the launch. Wish I'd have been alive to see it and experience it.

Comment

W = Well, ultra busy. Still doing clean up from this Spring's constant rain that eventually found a hole in the roof and enlarged it over the years to the point where it just found its way down into a bedroom and did damage from ceiling to floor. So, we've already had the insurance folks look at the damage, etc.; and eventually, once all of the items are sorted out of the room (we have extremely limited space!), we can start actual work on it. Roof was fixed first, tho..!
              Never-ending work --plus deterioration always in progress-- in this life...

Comment

XYZ says still haven't gotten my bipap machine yet, but maybe by tomorrow or Friday.

A - Another day, another dollar!

B - Breezy here in NE SD today where I live. Nice temps and sunshine as well. Beautiful!
                Last edited by imzadi35; 12 August 2019, 07:26 AM.

Comment

C - Came in to say guess who got promoted to development manager at work? ME!! I get to train the new people now as they come in to the store. I'm so psyched!

D - Darn it but it's raining here, AGAIN!! Ugh!

E - Excited because I think I also get a little bit of a raise to go with the new title at work.
                  Last edited by imzadi35; 12 August 2019, 07:38 AM.

Comment

F - Fantastic news. Congratulations on your promotion. I hope you do get a raise.

G - Got back from visiting Aunts and cousins in Sicily last week. I'm looking forward to going back.
                    (Chosen One)

Comment

H - Happy you had a good time. How was the flight over?

I - I'm excited for the new job opportunities at work. I may even try to become an assistant manager there. We'll see. In the meantime I plan to be the best development manager I can be right now.

J - Just going to concentrate on that and learning production, meaning making the sandwiches. I don't know how to do that yet. Should be interesting!

Comment

K - Kinda bad flight on the way there.

L - Late was the plane by 3 hours.

M - Milan Airport had our connecting flgiht which we were told would be there waiting for us.

N - Not there. Had to drive about 45 minutes in a bus to another airport to catch the flight to Palermo.
                        (Chosen One)

Comment

O - Oh boy! Glad you made it there and back safely!

P - Peaches we're canning today. My mom also got out of the nursing home she was in for rehab. She had her right shoulder replaced.

Q - Quite bruised she is there because of the surgery. But she's doing really well considering everything she went through.

Comment

R = Resting as much as possible from back spasm pains caused by a pinched nerve along the spine. Tried ice... that didn't work... heard icing spasms doesn't work when humidity is high, and hurricane Dorian dropped heavy, humid air over our regional area last week.

S = So, I tried heat.. that only helped a little, because the spasms also make it difficult to breathe... So I had to resort to those nasty pain meds that induce sleep and produce dizziness if trying to avoid the sleep, for whatever the reason. Fortunately, it happened on the weekend, so I was able to just rest up the whole time, while pushing a spoon into my back to try to force the slipped disc to go back where it belonged (so it would stop pinching the afflicted nerve). Pain miraculously went away after a full day of agony, and is unpredictable when it does flare up. Ugh.

T = Taunted over being asked to be part of the bridal party for a close friend of mine. She wants to have the ceremony in the sandy desert by an oasis type setting, and I'm not sure my body will co-operate from these spasms. I simply cannot walk or stay still long enough to walk down the aisle and stand in front of everyone. I think my friend is going to have a geriatric wedding otherwise, if I can't walk, etc. Plus, with hot flashes, I might not be able to wear the material she wants us to wear if the weather turns HOT (can't wear anything itchy). So, I dread making *her* day miserable just because of my body not letting me be pain-free... but all this is still iffy at the moment. I hate to say no, but I can't promise saying yes with my current health conditions.
                            Last edited by SGalisa; 10 September 2019, 12:04 AM. Reason: forgot letter S

Comment

U = Useless... that's what my back feels like (now). I spoke too soon when I mentioned my back was doing better. Well, it went out a 3rd time (less than having a 2 week breather session), this time the pain is still lingering and feels like the top half wants to drop over. Only by applying deep pressure on the pain area, helps relieve the throbbing sensation of feeling like an elephant is crushing my back. Now, I've heard that sort of elephant pressure type of pain is a symptom of having a heart attack, but this is spinal and pushing on the side where the scoliosis is twisting the spine. It also affects the rib cage, as if the ribs are being torn apart when trying to do sit-up or stomach crunch exercises.

V = Very frustrating... This particular problem is coming every few months lately and staying longer than a month at a time. Doing anything that involves lifting even a few clothes to bring to the washer, sets off the pinched-nerve pain flare-ups. Not good, and definitely not helpful, since I have no helpers around that I can afford to pay to assist me with certain, daily activities. And no relatives close enough that might be able to help out, either.

Comment

W - Wish I could help you out. If only I lived closer...

XYZ says I feel for you! I still have bad headaches that we can't figure out.

A - And here we go again!

Comment

Working...
                                X