No announcement yet.

ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E -- Even with my not-so-lazy-butt, I'm still soar after walking through Cologne (Germany) this passed weekend. Weekend away with friends and the weather was awesome (so, naturally I got burned a wee bit).

Originally posted by pscard View Post
    [SIZE=4][COLOR="#0000CD"]Y - Ya know, the ending of The Fountain wasn't as confusing as the star child scene in 2001: A Space Odyssey.
    F -- For the record, I haven't seen 2001 yet. Only bits and pieces. I do own the soundtrack which is by far the weirdest one in the collection. It's still on my to-see list.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

G - Germany is on my bucket list because my great-grandfather was from there.

H - Have to say I'm curious as to where in Germany he came from.

I - I've looked at the Ellis Island site, but there's no record of him coming through there. So I'll continue my search elsewhere.
      Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
      (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

J - Just going to go back to sleep soon. Sleeping in late, today. Too much snow and blizzard winds to bother going out, at all.
        Waiting to hear if my bosses are cancelling work today (they're all working from home anyway). Already at 5:30 this a.m. morning -- got about 5 inches of snow on the ground with expected 2-4 inches falling PER HOUR in a few hours from now.. Snowed in / plowed in with expected snowfall totaling up to 24 inches...

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
          G - Germany is on my bucket list because my great-grandfather was from there.
          K -- Knowing where your ancestors hailed from is pretty neat. Mine probaly from around here (although it is said that there is some Italian ancestry running through our veins -- it could be Roman perhaps , but most like just Celtic or Germanic). This site might help you some: How To Germany

Comment

L - Like to wish everyone a Happy Pi Day!
            Total syffy posts: 36,690
            (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
            Matthew 5:9

Comment

M - Make the most of it!
              (Chosen One)

Comment

N - Not celebrating Pi Day. Didn't even realize it was Pi Day yesterday until I hit Twitter. We don't write our dates in the American format -- mm/dd/yyyy. We are dd/mm/yyyy format people so it's never truly Pi Day. Besides it was the company's quiz last night, no time to celebrate anything other than our 8th place of the 19 teams. We scored 113 points out of 183, which was not bad at all. Only about 50 points short of first place.

Comment

O -On the way to Michigan for a friend's bridal shower. She's originally from there. Should be fun!

P - Pleased to wish you all a very Happy St. Pattys Day!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    N - Not celebrating Pi Day. Didn't even realize it was Pi Day yesterday until I hit Twitter. We don't write our dates in the American format -- mm/dd/yyyy. We are dd/mm/yyyy format people so it's never truly Pi Day.
                    Q = Quick way to confuse the rest of us Americans used to reading mm/dd/yyyy. I have to remember to (usually) reverse the first two dd/mm with mm/dd when reading non-USA magazines and news articles.

R = Rest, but not complete relaxation. Ended up spending several days in the hospital with hubby having a near heart-attack from shoveling the impossible, heavy snowfalls that froze with sleet and rain mixed in overnight last week. He's okay now, but this week was too much in over-exertion (23 plus inches was waaaaay too much snow to shovel--some heavy and required ice-chopper with heavy duty, old-fashioned farm shovel). He was trying to beat the clock to get back to work, and ended up going to the hospital instead.

S = So, lesson learned -- don't try to beat the clock to get to work on time, if whatever you're doing causes you to end up in the hospital. It's NOT worth beating the clock for. Doctors each agreed that it's cheaper to go slow, and take your time or hire help, than have an aneurism or near-fatal heart-attack just to shovel out from a major, deep snowfall.

T = That was NOT the way I wanted to spend my vacation time, either. But better to use up some vacation days and rest up spending time with a loved one in a hospital -- who gets released after surgical procedure narrowed options of what really happened were due to the body putting out its maximum energy limit and (the body) saying "NO more!", than to end up in far worse shape - for both of us.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                      Q = Quick way to confuse the rest of us Americans used to reading mm/dd/yyyy. I have to remember to (usually) reverse the first two dd/mm with mm/dd when reading non-USA magazines and news articles.
                      U -- Usually the same here, and check twice when it's a single digit month.

V -- Very slow is the best way... Good to hear your husband learned his lesson, but is okay.

Comment

W - Went a week without watching the news.

X - Xcessive stress with what's going on in D.C.

Y - Yes I did tune in this morning to catch up. Saw part of the hearings.

Z - Zigzag. and away we go!
                        (Chosen One)

Comment

A = Angels . . . angels must have been crying all night because it rained heavily over here. Found out a relative of mine passed onward into eternity's transforming sleep.

Comment

B - Bad news is no good. Huggles!

C - Cat got your tongue?

D - Do have clouds today and it's chilly. But there's sun on the way for tomorrow, at least partially.

Comment

E - Enjoyed a homemade chicken breast made similar to Popeye's recipe.
                              (Chosen One)

Comment

F - Finalizing the wedding plans. It's getting close...

G - Got only a little bit of sun here today. Mostly clouds unfortunately.

H - Hope the sun comes out more tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X