No announcement yet.

ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K - Killer bad news today: Found out that when our project is over, my company will not keep us on the bench for the usual two weeks.

L - Lousy news: I've lost/losing three friends. One doesn't call, one is moving away, another has blocked me and I don't know why.
    Total syffy posts: 36,690
    (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
    Matthew 5:9

Comment

M - My poor 'puter needs to go in for some repairs. At least I hope it can be repaired cause a) I love my puter, b) it has all my programs I need for school/hobby/work, and c) a new one will be a big cut out of my budget as I have to buy a computer which can handle 3D renders and run photoshop without glitching - thus a very strong graphics card.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

N - New 'puter I hope you won't need. But what, pray tell, is wrong with it?
        (Chosen One)

Comment

O - Oh I hope it can be fixed.

P - People are so good! I got a suggestion from one of them, and they said tontry going directly to the drug websites and see if they have help for people like me. I did, and they had coupons for the Effexor and the Abilify, and I took them to my pharmacy. I showed them the coupons, and with a little work, they were able to use them! Praise be to God! I now have one of my meds in my system, and the other one I will have by tomorrow.

Q - Quite better I'm feeling now, but will be even better tomorrow.
          Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
          (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
            N - New 'puter I hope you won't need. But what, pray tell, is wrong with it?
            R - re: the fault / It's electrical connection has come disconnected from the motherboard, or so I hope. There's nothing wrong with it's inner works (it's clean and free of viruses and trojans, and malware in general). It's just that the connection with the adapter seems to be faulty. So, it's hopefully just a quick fix of installing a new connection. However, the guy at the shop said that if they have to install a new motherboard I'm better off buying a new one.

Comment

S - Soldering may help.

T - The connection, if it's ordinary wire, then it can be spliced together.

U - Under the hood, did you look?
              (Chosen One)

Comment

V - very well, except I'd rather not break it. I'm not a wizz in that area. Even though I took an old laptop apart last year for my computer class.

Comment

W - Wishing you the best of luck with you repair!

XYZ - Have you searched YouTube for videos on the problem?

A - Almost always go there myself when I have to make a repair.
                  (Chosen One)

Comment

B - Better and better I feel now that my meds are on board again!

C - Cats, I've discovered, are better than dogs, IMOHO. I love dogs, but I love cats more. I miss my baby...

D - Did have to give her to my mother because my boyfriend and his mom are allergic to cats. I get to see her whenever I want to, but I still miss her.

Comment

*bump*

Comment

E - Eventually you would have felt better! Just had to give it a little time.

F - Finished the workbench:

G - Galavant is hilarious! Have you seen it?
                        (Chosen One)

Comment

H - Have we seen Galavant? Hell yeah... we have. At first I wasn't sure, but OMGoddess I so want there to be a season 2.

Comment

I l like it, pscard! Nice job!

J - Just so you know, found new Obamacare insurance that covers ALL my meds, and I can afford it, too.

K - Kan't say that I've seen Galavant. I'm watching CSI: Miami reruns on the WE network right now. LOVED that show, and was very pissed they cancelled it!

Comment

L - Loved building it.

M - Making something with my bare hands gives a feeling of accomplishment.

N - 'Nother repair I did was to a power surge protector. It lit, but no power was going to the sockets.

O - Opened it and saw part of the conductor was burned off from the circuit board. Wasn't sure if I could fix it, but took a chance.

P - Part that was burned away, I soldered. This completed the circuit allowing electricity to flow.

Q - Quite surprised that it worked because I've never done this before.

R - Resembled this:

Last edited by pscard; 27 January 2015, 04:45 PM.
                              (Chosen One)

Comment

S - So what's next for you?

T - That looks like a fine job you did.

U - Under some clouds we are here. Not sure what's about to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X