No announcement yet.

ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T - Thanks for getting back to me. I got in later via Firefox when they fixed the problem. So no worries!

U - Under water Des Moines is in Iowa. All because of a lot of rain. So sad to see and hear about it.

V - Very bad day here for my MIL and family. My husband got into a fender bender two weeks ago and got severe whiplash. He's still out of work and not happy about it. To make things worse, the car was totaled. The other driver was only 16, but he's OK. He wasn't watching and the rain we got that evening helped him to slip and slide right into my hubby. Today the chiropractor said another two weeks out of work for my hubby. So we were told by his boss he'll have to hire another helper at the cemetery for the summer. What that means for my hubby, I don't know. Please pray for him that he gets better and keeps his job.
    Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
    (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

W - Wanted to correct my post re H&I's airing of Star Trek.

X - Xcept for you and me, we're not getting an other visitors to this forum.

Y - Ya know, I think this happened at syffy's forum as well.

Z -Zounds! I hope more people show up.

A - And here we go again.
      Total syffy posts: 36,690
      (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
      Matthew 5:9

Comment

B - Bad news to hear, pscard. I wish more people came in here.

C - Cat got everyone's tongue?

D - Darned humidity! It's about 100% humidity here and HOT! Thunderstorms are forecast, but not until tomorrow afternoon/night. Ugh!

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
          B - Bad news to hear, pscard. I wish more people came in here.

C - Cat got everyone's tongue?

D - Darned humidity! It's about 100% humidity here and HOT! Thunderstorms are forecast, but not until tomorrow afternoon/night. Ugh!
          E = Extremely painful back spasms have been keeping me away from posting much. Nearly a whole month with chronic back spasms which eventually morph into awful tickling tingles deep inside the bones and back muscles. It hurts because it doesn't stop for hours, and sometimes into several days in a row. Tried ice and heat to treat and sleep; but need pain meds to reduce the spasms ...and that doesn't always work, or work fast enough.

F = Feeling the humidity building up and coming this way. Might be remnants of the tropical storms in the Atlantic, too, causing that. Had a (picture perfect September sky in July) beautiful weekend without any clouds in the sky on Saturday, and figured the hurricane swooped up all of the clouds for itself. It was a nice change for us, but not for whoever got drenched. It was basically our first drying out day from a 2-week HHH (hazy, HOT & HUMID) weather system hovering over our area.

G = Got muscular back spasms that reoccurred over the weekend, because I slipped in my sandals on uneven grass/lawn and heard my back go snap when my footing slipped!!! (Oh good, there goes my back again, too, besides my foot getting twisted!) The ice and heat treatments didn't really help, and neither did the pain meds. I figured whatever happened (pinched nerve, plus slipped cartilage/disc?) had to work itself out on its own to move back into its non-painful place.

Comment

H - Hope you feel better soon, SGalisa.

I - Is it possible to do exercises to fix your back and/or relieve the pain?
            (Chosen One)

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
              H - Hope you feel better soon, SGalisa.

I - Is it possible to do exercises to fix your back and/or relieve the pain?
              J = *Jumpin' Jehoshaphat* ... yes! (*thank you* for asking, too) I do some McKenzie exercises for the thoracic, lumbar, and hip areas. Found a routine that works fairly well, except when I don't do them every day like I should. If I skip a day, I can sometimes get away without having pain. If I skip 3 days or more, I end up paying for those lack of exercises. Usually, the problem results in a pinched nerve that needs to be re-adjusted back into a relaxed position. ICE and alternating with heat therapy helps work out the kinks causing the nerve to scream "OOOOOOOOOOOOOuch!!!!" When it hurts, it REALLY hurrrrrrrrrrts! OMG! It feels like you're dying.

K = Keeping a regular maintenance schedule with the exercises helps prevent both the need for icing or applying heat to the afflicted spot(s), and also reduces the need for taking pain meds, too. The stronger prescription medications are currently taken ONLY when desperation sets in and I cannot tolerate the pain levels any longer. Problem with the Px meds is that they also make me (VERY) sleepy and woozey. That's lots of fun (NOT) when I have to take them in the winter (the medicine is also for helping to reduce menopausal *hot flashes*), while working on my feet all day.

L = Learned a long time ago that I'm stuck with this physical (spinal pain) ailment, since I have scoliosis (lumbar) which has increasingly gotten worse over the years, and is working its way up my spine ~ now twisting my thoracic (mid-back) zone. It literally hurts wearing bras, because the cartilage is breaking down right on and under that bra pressure line. I had to invest in tube bras without hooks, because the hooks were pressing on the broken cartilage area and pinching a nerve to the point where it was literally crippling pain. Had tons of therapy sessions to discover how to work around the problems causing the pain, but this is stuck with me for life. I've read enough stories from other people with the same problem(s) ~ for me to realize that even if I have spinal surgery, eventually the entire spine will be affected. Surgery might help cage off one degenerated zone, but a few years later, other cartilage might tear and be in need of surgery, as well. I cannot afford that kind of life (financially!), and I'd end up being permanently bed-ridden. I know people with similar degenerative spinal problems, who are just one step away from being permanently off their feet... and are in horrible pain and on extremely strong meds, which require higher dosages --so much-- that they are on permanent (employment) "disability".

M = MSM/Glucosamine-Chondroitin vitamin supplements helped slow some of the degeneration process down, but it's still getting worse. The exercises were a life-saver and I would recommend them to anyone having this particular health issue. Just don't skip the exercises, even when you think you are feeling "wowee!" because one tiny movement in the wrong direction can pinch a nerve and shut you down for days, if not weeks on end. It is a relentless and horribly excruciating pain. When the level of pain I am referring to hits, you feel like you cannot function as a human being any more. I couldn't even lift a 3 ounce cup of water, when this pain first hit me, because any movement of my arm would trigger the "hellish" throbbing pain ~ which also hurts when trying to breathe. Nothing stopped the muscular grabbing pain ... which occurred about 3 times a minute and never stopped for an entire 2 to 3 days (non-stop 24 hours worth)... makes sleep very elusive. That's when either ICE or heat therapy helps *numb* some of the pressure.

Comment

N - Nice to see you posting SGAlisa! Sorry to hear about your back spasms. Hope you're feeling better soon!

O - On the note about my husband, he's slowly doing better. But he's off for another month for work. He's got spasms in his neck and shoulders from his accident that limit what he can do, but he still says he's slowly getting better.

P - Please pray for rain for us up here. Sioux Falls and south doesn't need it, but we here where I live in NE SD does need rain. It's supposed rain possibly Wed through Thursday morning. So let's hope!

Comment

Q - Quiet, isn't it?

R - Right here is a thought to share:
                  The problem with procrastination is that next week becomes last week.

(Chosen One)

Comment

S - Sad I am because a friend of mine passed away in a terrible car accident last Tuesday. His funeral was today. He was only 39 years old. he was also one of my husband's best friends, too.

T - There's something called the Upside of Down's Buddy Walk going on next Sunday, and I plan to be there for my brother who has Down's Syndrome. It's to raise awareness for Down's.

U - U might need an umbrella here tomorrow as they're forecasting rain, which is good. We need it.

V -Very excited I am for this Christmas 2018 as my husband and family are going to Florida on vacation! We're doing at least 6 days at Disney World, and want to go to Discovery Cove and swim with the dolphins. Pscard, what's the temp like where you live at Christmastime?

Comment

W - Weather in Florida at Christmastime can reach as high as the upper 70s to low 80s. Perhaps cooler.

X - Xceptional time you'll have at Disneyworld.
                      2992e388d12934d7082c8527d3f6c9aa.gif

Y - You should purchase souvenirs when you're leaving so you don't have to carry them around all day.

Z - Zestfully, I recommend bringing bottled water to stay hydrated. From what I've read, ice is free from vendors.

A - A good time will be had by all!
                      Last edited by pscard; 11 September 2018, 02:37 PM.
                      (Chosen One)

Comment

B - Bladder infections suck!

C - Coolie! Thanks for the information, pscard. I really appreciate it!

D - Disney World should be fun. I can't wait!

Comment

E - End of September I bought a new dishwasher. I haven't used the old one (1994 model) in 8+ years because it leaked.

F -- First test run was with a few items. It's almost as quiet as a whisper.
                          (Chosen One)

Comment

G -Good for you, pscard. How's it doing now?

H - Had to take my mother to Sioux Falls on Wed night. My mom had her left hip replaced at one of the specialty hospitals there. Would you believe she's already home and doing for herself? I can't believe it myself. When she had her last hip replaced, she spent 4 days in the hospital and time in a nursing home recuperating. So this time was waaaaaay different. This time she spent only the one night in the hospital and is already home and moving really well. Praise be to God the Great Physician for His healing touch!

I - It's been nice here weather-wise, but they're talking snow again for next week on Friday and also highs only in the 30's to lower 40's. Brrrrrr!

Comment

I - Is there anyone out there??????????

Comment

J - Jumped in when I saw the email notification of your message.

K - Kinda quiet here for far too long.
                                (Chosen One)

Comment

Working...
                                X