ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F - Finally!

G - Good to see you, SGALisa! You've been missed!

H - Here we're under a Winter Weather advisory through Tues. morning. Blowing snow, accumulations of snow anywhere from 3-5 inches, etc. Just lousy weather coming in...
    Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
    (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

I - Indeed, it looks like a delicious recipes. Thank you for posting it!
      Total syffy posts: 36,690
      (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
      Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
        I - Indeed, it looks like a delicious recipes. Thank you for posting it!
        My pleasure!

Comment

J - Just wanted to share one made from scratch based on the ingredients on the label. I guesstimated the quantities and it came out very good.

Chili Con Queso Dip

1 cup sour cream
          1/2 cup mayonnaise
          1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
          1/2 tsp minced fresh cilantro
          1/2 tsp minced tomatoes
          1/4 tsp minced jalapeño
          1/4 tsp chopped chili pepper
          1/4 tsp chopped onion
          1/4 tsp garlic powder
          1/4 tsp cheese powder
          1/4 tsp salt
          1/4 tsp paprika
          1/4 tsp chili powder
          1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

Mix all ingredients together and chill before serving.
          (Chosen One)

Comment

K - Kool to see you again, pscard! How have you been?

L - Lousy weather here with fog and freezing fog around us where I live.

M - My mom had a hiatal (sp) hernia fixed last Monday. She's doing well now, but still in a little pain. The main reason she had it done is because of really bad acid reflux. But that's much better too.

Comment

N - New news for me. I have something going on with me. Not sure whether it's heartburn or an ulcer, so I'm headed to the doctor this afternoon to get it checked out. I've got pain and pressure more so after I eat, and it's just below my ribs. I haven't been throwing up or anything, but the pain was so bad yesterday that I almost cried. So I plan to see the doctor and get checked out. Please keep me in your thoughts/prayers about this.

O - Ok, where did everyone go???? It's so quiet in here...
              Last edited by imzadi35; 13 May 2018, 05:11 PM.

Comment

P - Pscard is here.

Q - Quit the internet, I did not, but don't peruse it as often.

R - Raining on and off today and more rain expected for the next four days.

S - Sure puts a crimp in my morning walks.
                (Chosen One)

Comment

T - Thank God! I thought I was losing myself in here.

U - Umbrella can you use on your walks?

V - Very surprised I am that I found out what was causing my tummy pain. It turns out that I was taking too much Equate headache meds (like Excedrin), and it was not only causing me to have rebound headaches, but also the tummy pain. I stopped taking it and the pain went away. Go figure. So now I only take Tylenol.

Comment

W - When it rains, I stay indoors.

X - Xcept on days like today when it's sunny in the morning and rainy in the afternoon, I can walk.

Y - Yummy BBQ planned for this weekend. Ribs and dogs and burgers and potato salad. I made a batch of BBQ sauce.

Z - Zero plans for this weekend you better not have. Do something fun!

A - And here we go again!
                    (Chosen One)

Comment

B - Been doing well, and I had fun going to Target Field last Saturday for a Twins game with members of my church. They won 7 to 1 against the Indians. Yeah!

C - Cookie's BBQ Sauce is a really good sauce we have up here. It tastes great, and we use it a lot. But sometimes my MIL makes her own. So how do you make yours, pscard?

D - Did have some sadness here recently. My BIL had to put his 11 year old Bichon Friese down because of severe liver failure. We miss him, and so does our dog Gizmo.

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
                        V - Very surprised I am that I found out what was causing my tummy pain. It turns out that I was taking too much Equate headache meds (like Excedrin), and it was not only causing me to have rebound headaches, but also the tummy pain. I stopped taking it and the pain went away. Go figure. So now I only take Tylenol.
                        E = Equate products are okay, when taken occasionally (as directed), and not much different than brand names, such as Excedrin, which is aspirin plus Caffeine. Too much of anything, even Tylenol isn't good for certain organs. But anyway, aspirin (Excedrin or regular aspirin products) can cause bleeding in the stomach if too much is taken. That's why the tummy starts to hurt. Excedrin has too much caffeine in it for me, so I take regular aspirin and chew off little bits of a caffeine tablet (when needed) to relieve the throbbing nerves and blood vessels.

F = Free advice... Always take aspirin and aspirin substitutes with food, preferably shortbread or starch. Shortbread (cookies) was advised to me as best to take with aspirin (or like products), because it absorbs whatever nasty stuff breaks down our organs when not taken with food (I think bread products also work, but not as well). As far as I know, here is a list of adverse reactions when too much (excess) is taken of any one particular aspirin/like product...
                        Aspirin (plain or coated) can cause bleeding
                        NSAIDs, such as Advil (Ibuprofen) can have adverse effects on the kidneys
                        Tylenol (Acetaminophen) is actually the number one cause of acute liver failure, if too much is taken
                        Aleve (Naproxen) in excessive dosages can cause kidney damage.

Always drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration, too, because a lack of proper fluids can also cause or increase headache / migraine levels and create disruptive digestive disorders (diarrhea or vomiting), in addition as well.

G = Good to also take Magnesium (vitamin) to reduce headaches. I take one 250 mg tablet of magnesium twice daily (one at breakfast and one at supper), and it seems to have greatly reduced the intensity and amount of migraines I used to have. I rarely need to take any aspirin/like product now to relieve headaches... and migraines never seemed to go away anyway, even with a cool, wet rag or ice. Worst headaches often occur when certain weather conditions affect my internal being, and nothing breaks those headaches no matter what I do.

H = Have to watch my Magnesium intake to make sure it doesn't interfere with other medicines that require a 2-hour before and after window. Otherwise, it can lower blood pressure to the point of causing dizziness (room spins around) and nausea.

Comment

I - I thank you! I have heard about the magnesium, but haven't tried it yet.

J - Just need to ask for your prayers not for me this time, but my sister-in-law. She had surgery to repair an aneurysm yesterday, but is not doing well. She's still in the Sioux Falls, SD, hospital, and has a lot of pain, plus she can't move from the bed for a week. She's also got drainage coming from one of her tubes, and it's a brown color, making the doctors worried about it, and her. I love my SIL very much, and I'm worried. I have a hard time giving this to the Lord, but I am trying to. Please pray for healing for her, and for courage and strength as well as comfort through this tough, painful time.

K - Kindest thanks!

Comment

L - Like to inform you that a prayer for your sis-in-law has been done.

M - May God's blessing keep her strong.
                            (Chosen One)

Comment

N - News update on my sis-in-law. She's doing much better now, and resting at her brother's home in Sioux Falls.

O - On another note, I can't log in to Gateworld via Firefox. It's saying that the certificate isn't valid or something, so I can't get to the site at all. I'm on IE right now, but it too, says the certificate is not right. At least it's letting me into Gateworld some.

Comment

P - Perused my email and saw yours regarding difficulty accessing Gateworld using Firefox.

Q - Quite sorry for the delay. Were you able to use Firefox again? I'm in.

R - Really cool news: My cable company just picked up the Heroes & Icons channel (H&I).

S - So happy for this because every night from Sunday to Friday beginning at 8 PM, they're airing ALL of the Star Trek series including the animated episodes (Sunday only).
                                Last edited by pscard; 09 July 2018, 07:48 AM. Reason: Corrected days of airing.
                                (Chosen One)

Comment

Working...
                                X