No announcement yet.

ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O - Other forums I usually visit I've been away from.
    Total syffy posts: 36,690
    (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
    Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
      O = Outdoor air is being filled with bad dust particles (and any airborne germs, too). Town stirring up dust at superfund site, so, this is beyond the control of people in the area. Anyone passing thru breathes in the dust particles, and it can cause respiratory problems. ...

Originally posted by pscard View Post
      P - Perhaps you can wear a dust mask?
      P = People avoid walking thru that area, but there are businesses on the same road, and some are food related. Since it's winter, I just pull my scarf or gloves over my face. IMO, a dust mask isn't enough... maybe a sealed head-gear (gas mask type breathing) suit. You can literally see the dust being kicked up in the air at night, so we can only imagine how hard that is for the residents living right next to the place. Can't open the windows without the dust pouring into the house, and can't go out and enjoy working in the yard or just sitting there soaking up the sun. Lots of asthmatics have resulted from this digging operation. A few weeks ago, creosote (oil residues) was found in the ground, and ended up having particles of it filling the air. Whole neighborhood smelled awful... Gag!

Comment

Q - Quite cold out tonight here. Wind chill warnings and temps below 0. Brrrrrrrr!

R - Really hope it doesn't snow as we don't need it.

S - Swing in temps this weekend where if it's below 0 now, it will be in the 40's by Saturday/Sunday. Ugh!
        Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
        (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

T - Took to streaming using Amazon Prime and CBS All Access so I can watch 'Star Trek: Picard'.

U - Undeniably enjoying rewatch of sci-fi shows from the 90s and early 2000s, some from SciFi's heydays.

V - Very interested in 'cutting the cord'. I'm paying $157/mo. and have about 100 channels in my favorites but watch fewer than that.

W - Wanted to see if I could get over-the-air channels as a first step, so I hooked up the old rabbit ears to the HDTV and received 40 stations including the networks!

X - Xperiment #2 is to hook up the VCR. That'll be my version of 'On Demand'.
          (Chosen One)

Comment

YZ says that I'm concerned about the coronavirus, but the media is blowing things so out of proportion it's not funny. And I just donwhick. which one. 't know what is behind the craziness about hoarding toilet paper. What's up with that?! Sheesh!

A - Another day, another dollar.

B - Been taking care of my sick husband. He's either got draining sinuses or bronchitis. Not sure which one, but he has a scratchy throat and is coughing and clearing his throat all the time. Hopefully he'll be better soon.

Comment

C = Cried my heart out this morning. The dam of tears finally burst. Yesterday, I was dazed and sort of in shock. Today, I broke down. Our office (small business) shut down, closed, kaput, until further notice. Not going to bounce back if this COVID-19 virus shutdown lasts longer into a month or 3 months or even most of the rest of the year, which has been heard suggested thru the airwaves of other news. Mostly every state that started out volunteering to request "social distancing" and minimize public contact in workplaces, etc., has also finally shuttered down ... leading to mandatory closures and isolation tactics.

D = Done with talking about this stuff. I have to work on other more important things on homefront. Even my (currently former) coworkers are exhausted from dealing with this news, and facing an uncertain work / financially stable (or unstable?) future.

E = Employment elsewhere seems bleak, at best. Everyone is in the same sinking boat and feelings. Expecting long lines at unemployment, because if TPTB shut many businesses and industries down longer than one month, perhaps as long as six or more months, NO one is going to hire... nor in the field you are best qualified to work in. If you already have pre-existing health problems or nearing retirement, finding anything within the scope of what you need-- financially and otherwise, is going to be like watching the retirees pushing shopping carts at Walmart and supermarkets. Must be able to deal with all sorts of weather (and any outdoor allergies) in those situations, too.

Comment

F - Fearful of coronavirus, I'm taking my temperature each morning at the same time.

G - Good so far.

H - Hope y'all are doing well and taking precautions.

I - Italians who are quarantined from coronavirus sing from their balconies.

Last edited by pscard; 24 March 2020, 02:46 PM.
                (Chosen One)

Comment

J - Just saw the doc today because I have a cyst on my right index finger. Just popped up last week out of nowhere. He called it something that starts with an S (I can't remember what though). He said take Aleeve and use ice packs to get rid of it, but if it keeps coming back, I may need to see an orthopedic doctor. Hope I don't have to though.

K - Krap is how my husband is feeling. He's got his sinuses draining and eyes burning, but DOES NOT have the virus.

L - Luck I am to still be working, even though it's only in the drive-thru. I work at one of the two McDonald's in my town, and our lobby is closed. But those of us still working in the drive-thru are doing everything we can to prevent the spread of the virus. Hand washing every 30 minutes, sanitizing after every cash transaction, etc. But I think they should close down for now.

M - My anxiety is through the roof right now because of the virus, and I don't know what to do about it. However, I firmly believe that Jesus is coming, sooner rather than later. This virus is just one of the telltale signs of it. What I miss most, besides my surgery, is baseball. I miss seeing and hearing my Minnesota Twins in action.

Comment

N - New cyst, could it be called a 'ganglion cyst'?

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20351156
                    (Chosen One)

Comment

O - O that's true, pscard. He called it a Synovian Cyst. But yes, I think it's really called a Ganglion Cyst. It doesn't hurt much; it's just tender a little bit.

P - People are looking at me like I'm nuts, but I think the Lord Jesus is coming back, and really, really soon.
                      Maybe even in my lifetime. Only time and God will tell, I guess.

Comment

Q = Quickly... "please come Quickly Lord Jesus!" This world is rapidly falling apart...

S = Stressed out..! It's easy to say you are calm during the storm(s) of uncertainty happening all around you, but your body reacts to the external stress regardless (hair falls out, even when using B-5 hair strengtheners). The psychology *experts* keep claiming for people to REMOVE the STRESS from your life, but if it is coming from the rest of the world, it's the rest of the world that needs to calm down.

Comment

U - Uplifting day today as the sun was out and it is beautiful outside! I'm sitting outside now on my computer enjoying the evening.

V - Very nice temp-wise, and lots of sun. A nice breeze as well. Might have a bonfire tonight.

W - Wearing my Twins jersey today/tonight. Wish they were playing baseball.

Comment

XYZ - The Lord is with us during this pandemic. He will not leave us.

A - Amen.

B - BTW, I tried life without cable for a week. I watched TV with the old rabbit ears and streaming. Didn't miss cable very much, in fact, I started getting accustomed to not having it.

C - Cable price with with the Double-Play tier saves me $12/mo. Not much savings there.

D - Double-Play goes up $25 after one year. D'OH! I'd be paying more than now.
                            Last edited by pscard; 04 May 2020, 12:00 PM.
                            (Chosen One)

Comment

E - Ever so glad to see you here, pscard! How are you holding up?

F - FINALLY! I get my cataract surgery next week on Tuesday! Really nervous and all, but excited, too. Please pray for me.

G - Good grief! It's been raining and cold all day today here, and they're even talking hints of frost as well. I thought this was Spring. Sheesh!

Comment

H - Have to say I'm doing well.

I - I do have this mild cough that comes and goes but plan to go to a health food store for some herbs.
                                (Chosen One)

Comment

Working...
                                X