No announcement yet.

ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N - Neat game that reminds me of Yahtzee.

O - Only I like Yahtzee better. I have a free version of it on my iPad that I play once in a while.

P - Pleased I will be to learn about you new game, pscard. Sounds interesting!
    Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
    (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Q -- Quintet sounds medieval --
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

R - Rules of Quintet (so far):

1. The game is played with five players and one dealer.
        2. Each player receives 10 cards while the dealers holds on to the remaining two.
        3. Each player starts with 10 chips (or pennies, toothpicks, mini Tootsie Rolls, etc.).
        4. A high card is based on the numerical value of that card regardless of suit (I may change this to include the suit to avoid a tie). An ace beats all.
        5. As the players turn up each card, those with the lowest cards drop a chip into the pot.
        6. In the event of a high-card tie of two or more players, neither player contributes to the pot.
        7. A player leaves the game when they run out of chips.
        8. The game continues until one player is left and has won the entire pot.
        9. In the event there are two players left and all their cards have been played, each player selects one card from the remaining two. The one with the highest wins the entire pot.

T - Tell me what you think.
        Total syffy posts: 36,690
        (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
        Matthew 5:9

Comment

U -- Understanding the rules, I do, so that's always a good start. I hate it when I'm playing a new game and it takes me eons to figure out the rules. I'd play with chocolates -- chances are I'd have eaten them before I run out.

Comment

V - Verily, one should not eat their winnings before the game is over.

W - While the game is simple, it involves no strategy by the players.
            (Chosen One)

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
              V - Verily, one should not eat their winnings before the game is over.
              X - X-amount of luck I have, it's better I eat my chips before the game is over or I'll go hungry.

Comment

Y - Yet I'm reminded of this song:

Z - Zero is all you'll have if you eat all your winnings while sitting at the table. There'll be time enough for eating when the dealing's done.

A - Advice brought to you by The Gambler.
                (Chosen One)

Comment

B -- But it's chocolate, and I'm Belgian so it will be very yummy chocolate.

C -- Currently not on Belgian soil, but on Spanish soil. Vacation on the island of Mallorca. About time too.

Comment

D - Done with the stuffy nose and coughing, done with the sinuses draining into my throat.

E - Enough already! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

F - Finding no relief at all, and the doctor won't do anything if I don't have a fever, which I don't. So I don't know what to do. I though about getting some Flonase, but that's for allergies, which this isn't.

G - Garbage for weather here today. Rainy, cold, and cloudy. Ugh!
                    Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                    (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

H = Have you (imzadi35) tried sleeping at a higher degree incline, say 70 to 80 degrees? I invested in a supportive triangular pillow, which helped take the place of two firm pillows. Then added a bunch of pillows on top to prop me up and provide firm support for my spine as well. It took a while to get used to, but I usually prop myself up on the couch now when I go to that sort of extreme incline level, and sleep there instead. Plus, I need a firm mattress for my back, otherwise, my spine silently screams in agony from the poor sleeping posture(s).

I = I've used up to 5 pillows to support my head with firm foam pads to keep most of my back/spinal column straight (instead of slumping from too soft of support underneath). It didn't cure my ailments overnight, but it does help a lot. Plus, I had to use Vick's vapor rub (or a generic brand equivalent) in order to breathe from the stuffy sinuses clogging up in my sleep. Add a box of tissues, plus maybe a humidifier / mist thingy to moisten the air while sleeping.

J = Just also mentioning that when I take Nyquil (generic store brand, tho) for stuffy head colds, I do NOT take my regular allergy medicine (Sudafed PE, generic brand tho). I accidentally did that once and lost both meds shortly after from vomiting. So, learned my lesson the hard route. Forfeit one or the other, just to get some sort of a good night's worth of sleep. Half a dose of Nyquil/generic helps me sleep better than at a full dose, too..

Comment

K - Kinda like to sip some Tabasco sauce or anything spicy to help relieve nasal stuffiness.

L - Likewise, Vick's Vapor Rub may help. Apply a little just inside your nostrils.
                        (Chosen One)

Comment

M -- Might want to try some sea or ocean air if you're anywhere close to such a water body. Currently residing on a tiny island in the Mediterranean and the air is awesome.

Comment

N - Nice is the Mediterranean. I've swam in it the few times when visiting Sicily and love the weather. It's almost like Florida.
                            (Chosen One)

Comment

O - Our Gate Forum people had closed several Christianity threads.

P - Prayer found in the church bulletin I want to share in honor of those who lost their lives at the concert this week:

Eternal rest, grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of the faithful departed through mercy of God rest in peace.
                              Amen.
                              (Chosen One)

Comment

Q -- Questing for wifi at the moment. It keeps failing on me, and thus it means I've been moving my chair around on the terras until I'm back in range. I'm so spoiled at home with my wifi going every which way.

R -- Rotten bugs getting in my juice -- IT'S MINE!! OUT!! Find your own juice.

S -- Started today with a kayak-trip out at sea. Where the wind and water are your only companions and the sun is bright and high in the sky. That's where my happy place is.

T -- This also means, I'm away from the news and to be fair, with everything that's happened this week, I'm rather okay with not being bombarded with the sadness coming out of the UK. #WeStandTogether

Comment

Working...
                                X